New Game by Prope: Sky Knight Rodea (Wii/3DS)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Arcade

Re: New Game by Prope: Sky Knight Rodea (Wii/3DS)

Post by Arcade »

Well, I am still waiting for a decent game where you fly silver surfer style...

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

This game looks generic.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

This game looks generic.
See, this is what I'm talking about. Maybe he's doing it to be facetious, but it's coming off as equally unfunny either way.

The idea is to remember that nobody cares about your opinion. Maybe you think it looks good. Maybe you think it doesn't. Nobody cares. They might care about why you think it looks good or doesn't or what you think looks good or bad about it. But the synopsis "Pfft, gay" is not only unfunny and completely useless to anyone, it also makes you sound like a total self-righteous dickhead. Particularly when there's nothing to talk about except two screenshots!

Other than that, the thread has improved. Even Kogen managed a genuinely valid observation. See, we can do this. It's not so hard.

Also, any replies with the text "Pfft, gay" will be promptly deleted.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Particularly when there's nothing to talk about except two screenshots!
Two screen shots, AND a trailer, AND the unique distinction of having been made by a man we once respected and admired.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Wait.. Why don't we like Naka again? He wasn't responsible for some of the recent abortions in the Sonic franchise, like
Shadow or Sonic2k6.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Im pretty sure he was just a figurehead/producer. He cited lack of influence/involvement with actual development as a reason for leaving sega in the first place. It could be that the last game he had direct dev ties to was phantasy star online. Sa2 maybe.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Two screen shots, AND a trailer, AND the unique distinction of having been made by a man we once respected and admired.
Well yeah, there's a trailer now and it's produced some good comments (Malchik's was not one of them), but when the thread started, all we had were the two screenshots and of course the peanut gallery's predictable "who cares its probably gonna suck" response.

This is not an absract concept, is it?

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

cjmcray wrote:Wait.. Why don't we like Naka again? He wasn't responsible for some of the recent abortions in the Sonic franchise, like
Shadow or Sonic2k6.
I think it was something regarding Ferraris, and taking the credit for Sonic's creation from Ohshima. Not exactly something to be approved.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

And being generally irrelevant for about a whole decade while other guys from his same class or even older are still as important as ever (Miyamoto, Inafune et al.)

As for the trailer movie, not quite astonishing material, but it just stroke me... this could be a good framework for one or two 3D Rocket Knight Adventures stages. Actually I'm just looking for any excuse to listen to a properly orchestrated version of this.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

It's back! I guess all our mindless cliche whining couldn't keep a mediocre-looking game down.
The reason why Kadokawa Games remained so silent on the title, according to Yasuda, is that media simply lost interest in the title. The game was originally in development for 3DS and Wii, but as the main project was for Wii, the controls didn't feel right on 3DS so they determined they had to move in the direction of making a control style for 3DS. They want the player to really have tight controls and feel the flying elements of the game with each button push. The company wants to make a game that is going to be really enjoyed in full 360 degrees, so the producer is taking his time with the game.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

This game still looks as bizarre as ever. I cant for the life of me figure out how it will actually play from the footage and the cutcenes look like they're from the DC era. I really enjoyed ivy the kiwi and appreciated let's tap, so I guess I'll just wait and see on this one.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

there're new trailers? the newest one on the youtubes is from back when this was announced.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

It's the same stuff on their website, too. They might be talking about it again but they haven't shown anything new that I've seen.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

It still lives.

Still no new footage, but apparently the Wii U version will come bundled with a Wii compatible game. So free coaster, I guess?

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

http://rodea.jp

Well, the artwork is nice. All I remember about this game was that it was dated as fuck looking back for wii when it was announced. Here's hoping it has some fan-fucking-tastic gameplay to fall back on.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

We probably would have gotten the game a long time ago if it weren't for it looking so dated before release. I'm guessing that's the main reason they held off on not releasing the completed game. Still having it come out as a Wii/WiiU bundle is a strange choice but I could see it giving people who have a Wii but not a Wii U a chance to play. I wonder if it will be the same game for each system with just graphical changes or if there's been some real gameplay refining.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

New trailer is up! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyWf0PUU-28

I am not sure I can stand to get past the bad-anime vibe this thing is radiating.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Maybe if Sega--instead of Kadokawa Shoten--decides to publish this in the US they'll include a Nights skin. 'Cause this Rodea character doesn't do much for me.

(I wouldn't know how they'd go about getting rid of the moeblobs, though. Yeesh.)

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NoFTx5iDZQ

New video includes footage of Naka and the director going up the Tokyo Tower on stairs rather than taking the elevator. When the director announces the release date (April 2nd 2015) Naka expresses feigned skepticism that it isn't some sort of joke.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

man, that short bit of footage at the end looked like great, arcade-y stuff. I have a lot of hope that this will be the free roaming Nights successor we've always dreamt(!) of. Did anyone else pick up ivy the kiwi? It was a good, if unambitious time.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I always meant to get Ivy but never did. I think I played some sort of demo (was there a flash demo or something?) and liked it, but it just never ended up being a priority to pick up. That "unambitious" quality I think held it back.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

there was a good amount of new gameplay footage in this morning's Japanese ND presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRDdcZTKHHU

I am so curious about how this baby plays it hurts. It looks quite handsome on 3ds, for what it's worth, even if the wiiu version doesn't look very impressive at all.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Ah, so his butt appendage does have a function.

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

A US release is confirmed to be happening. I guess some people didn't think that was a given, but no worries--we'll all (Americans, that is) be able to finally find out for ourselves if it's any good or not. Since it's coming from NIS I guess maybe it wasn't such a given after all...

http://nisamerica.com/games/rodea-the-sky-soldier/

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

Footage of the Wii version! This is the first video I've seen that demonstrates how the game actually works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYVPeJtq88g

It seems that all that jolting about is done with the Wii remote, pointing at where you want to go and then Rodea creates a new arc that leads him to it. The video starts out pretty slow but before long they demonstrate flying for longer durations with multiple "jumps" within them and it looks more fun. I didn't catch the explanation (if any) of how that system is different on WiiU or 3DS, but I'd assume it's just done with the stylus instead. There's a "2D" bonus round that didn't make it off the Wii version, but I didn't catch other differences he may have mentioned.