Epiphany

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Epiphany

Post by Green Gibbon! »

So I got a care package a few days ago with the usual 5 boxes of cereal (about a week's supply for me). So this evening I was eating a bowl of Golden Grahams, which I've actually never really cared for, but it was in the package and this is no country to turn down cereal in any form when you can get it - but anyway, I was eating Golden Grahams and spontaneously fantasizing that it was Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

And then it hit me.

Like a cinnamon sugar swirl hurricane.

They are the same thing. The only difference is that Cinnamon Toast Crunch has cinnamon. Golden Grahams has... well nothing, really, there's no graham flour so it's not even really a graham cereal and there's not even any honey or anything like that. They're just like... little naked Cinnamon Toast Crunches.

So yeah. All these years. How can I possibly not have known?

I will be up all night thinking about this.

Forza Johnman

Re: Epiphany

Post by Forza Johnman »

In the UK Cinnamon Toast Crunch (Called Curiously Cinnamon over here) was once called Cinnamon Grahams.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Is Japanese milk satisfactory? I wonder where they get it from. I imagine cow farms are an issue with their limited space. (I know beef and other land meats are expensive in Korea due to the space issue.)

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

There's quite a few dairy farms around here, but I live out in the sticks. The milk is still crazy expensive and they only sell it in 34 ounce cartons (costs as much as a gallon in the states). Tastes pretty good, though!
Forza Johnman wrote:Called Curiously Cinnamon over here
Do you guys have Wendell? That poor old dude became utterly fucking maniacal in the 90's. I believe it's commonly accepted (though as yet unacknowledged by General Mills) that he slaughtered his two colleagues.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Nah we don't have Wendell. Might have in the past when it was called Cinnamon Toast Crunch. But I cant remember. I just find it weird that even though its had two name changes its still Cinnamon Toast Crunch in my mind.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Do they sell rice milk over there? I assume that since they kind of grow a lot of rice they would. It's not too bad -- might be a good, cheaper alternative? It tastes way better than soy milk. That stuff's nasty.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Rice milk is god's gift to people who can't have real milk.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Real milk is God's gift to people who can have real milk. The fact that you can't means God doesn't like you in the first place.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

At this point you might as well just sticky a damn cereal thread.

It's been forever since I had Golden Grahams but I could have sworn there was some sort of syrupy-sugar-coating flavor to it like most sweet cereals use.

Also, to stir a bit of controversy; I don't mix milk with cereal. I'll gladly have a glass of it with the cereal, but I can't stand when it gets too soggy, or the crumbs left in the milk float to the top, or the fact the milk becomes a little to warm for my liking by the time I'm done with it.

As for milk 2% is my favorite, and Horizon Organic's Chocolate Soy Milk is surprisingly delicious. Never tried rice milk.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Milk in Japan is fine, but I'm pretty sure it's all whole milk. I usually go 2%, so after a few weeks it started to get to me. I imagine it's a lot less of a problem when you're just using it for cereal, though.