Daedalus must be proud.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Re: Daedalus must be proud.

Post by G.Silver »

Metroid has Grecian themes?

But that was what I was thinking, there isn't much specific about Kid Icarus to build from that isn't already well-represented in Nintendo's existing lineup. They don't want it to just be Greek Zelda or Fantasy Metroid, and this is probably why Kid Icarus has not been expanded on for such a long time, they want it to be seriously distinct from their other franchises. Even just "2D action" is surprisingly well covered (and I don't think Nintendo wants to introduce what is going to be a new franchise to most people as 2D), but what isn't covered is arcade-type action, which doesn't seem like that big a stretch from what the original game was and it appears to be what they're going for. I think it makes perfect sense, but I'm also much more eager to see Nintendo's take on the genre than I am to have a "faithful" Kid Icarus sequel.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

G.Silver wrote:but what isn't covered is arcade-type action
At the same time, you've already compared this to Sin & Punishment :p

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

Even taking into account this horrifying Pokemon, I don't consider Sin & Punishment a Nintendo franchise.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

The gameplay for the Star Fox portions of this look really bland. Maybe they play better than they look.

It looks like it'd be hard to play in 2D. You can tell that there's some stuff that is supposed to be coming towards you, but it could be interpreted as enemies being too far away (or near) the screen to come in contact with Pit. Is this what 3D design will look like? Maybe the 3D will add something more to the gameplay that can't be found in these videos.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

G.Silver wrote:Metroid has Grecian themes?
Surely Eastern European.

More seriously, he was comparing apples and oranges as far as the other two are concerned.
G.Silver wrote:Even taking into account this horrifying Pokemon, I don't consider Sin & Punishment a Nintendo franchise.
They're co-owners with Treasure, no?

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

Nintendo might co-own it, but looking at the credits it looks like their involvement is mainly just being the publisher, it certainly wasn't developed in-house. Even StarFox is pretty mixed up in terms of who put it together, between Argonaut, Rare, and Namco, so what I mean is that if Nintendo is doing something like this on their own, that's kind of a big deal, or at least it is if you want to see how Nintendo does it. (I do!)

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Last I heard, KI:U's development is by SORA, which isn't a subsidiary of Nintendo like, for example, Hal is.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Actually, KI:U is being developed by Project Sora, a subsidiary of Nintendo whose parent companies are Nintendo Co., Ltd. and Sora Ltd.

In any case, even if Nintendo didn't own it, it still is a company mainly staffed by Nintendo people and their work will most likely share their "style", kinda like Sega and Prope Konami and Treasure.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

And that doesn't make S&P a Konami game!

Really what the fuck does it matter who makes what when TOSE makes a good chunk of every Japanese companies' ludography?