Child of Eden(the spiritual successor of Rez)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Child of Eden(the spiritual successor of Rez)

Post by Ngangbius »

Let's talk about the best thing that came out of E3 so far, Tetsuya Mizuguchi's Chidren of Eden. I already watched the trailer over 10 times. :)
LOS ANGELES--Ubisoft kicked off its 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference to the thumping techno beats of Q? Entertainment's latest rhythm game, Child of Eden. More than just a trailer that debuted on GameSpot earlier today (below), Ubisoft's showing featured none other than famed Q? Entertainment head Tetsuya Mizuguchi, who ran through a level of the rhythm shooter on the Los Angeles Theater stage.

In kind, Ubisoft has now fleshed out more details for Child of Eden, saying that the game will arrive for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 during the first three months of 2011. As was readily evident in Mizuguchi's demo, the game will also make use of the Xbox 360's motion-sensing add-on Kinect, which is currently scheduled for a November 4 release. No mention was made of Sony's own motion-sensing add-on, the PlayStation Move.

Child of Eden takes its cues in large part from Q?'s acclaimed rhythm shooter Rez, and it features the same style of music-enhanced shooter gameplay with psychedelic visuals. It also bears a storyline: Gamers will attempt to rescue the embattled Project Lumi, which is an effort to "reproduce a human personality inside Eden, the archive of all human memories." A virus has invaded the program, however, and players must defeat it, before all hope is lost.

The game's visual style approximates a virtual reality universe and is heavily reliant on geometric shapes in motion against an ever-shifting background. The shapes join to take on aspects of the virus, evolving from tiny single-block creatures to giant worm-like monstrosities.
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265558/ch ... on-360-ps3

Alternate Trailer link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EfjJeRzQ5M

Gameplay video(from the Ubisoft conference): http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_chuild ... 80_en.html

And if you don't feel like shelling out $150 on a gimmicky peripheral for this one game, worry not as this game will be compatible with your regular X360/PS3 controllers.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Re: Child of Eden(the spiritual successor of Rez)

Post by Segaholic2 »

All I can say is thank God it's on PS3 and doesn't require a motion controller.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to have any optional Move support, though.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Segaholic2 wrote:All I can say is thank God it's on PS3 and doesn't require a motion controller.
No doubt!

I think a game like this would be great with a pointer-based controller, though, like a wii remote or a mouse. But I'd rather have it on an HD console.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

You know Sony released an hibrid of the wiimote and a "move yer ass" motion sensor, right?

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Not at all! Care to elaborate?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

The most relevant comment I can add to this discussion is that I started playing Lumines yesterday. It's like being administered an ambrosia-scented pap smear that's calibrated to find pockets of pure joy instead of cancer. And, like, when the doctor is satisfied, he clamps a pair of jump leads to my nonexistent vulva and lets rip until I'm seeing double.

Boy, that analogy didn't work out at all! Bottom line is, Lumines is amazing and I'm ready to subscribe to Tetsuya Mizuguchi's newsletter. I'll be tackling Every Extend Extra momentarily.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:Not at all! Care to elaborate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnuyaIIOyz8