A Boy Wonder and his Batman.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

A Boy Wonder and his Batman.

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/02/batma ... e-trailer/

A licensed game based on That Other Superhero Animated Series That's Never On So I Never Watch It. It looks to draw heavily from The Adventures of Batman & Robin on the SNES/Genesis, but with Wayforward's trademark hand-drawn visuals. Will definitely buy at some point.

Arcade

Re: A Boy Wonder and his Batman.

Post by Arcade »

Holly cow Batman, we are on the Internet!

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

This is exciting. I am excited.

Sounds like pure old-school action (and thankfully minimal waggle)!

The (very) Tingle Tuner-esque Bat-Mite interconnectivity mode sounds fun, but I'd have to see a massive price-drop for the requisite DS version before I bite.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:It looks to draw heavily from The Adventures of Batman & Robin on the SNES/Genesis
Which one? This is critically important.

This one isn't a run-and-gun, so our eHarmony compatibility meter is looking grim.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I 'unno, the SNES one? I'ven't played either one; I didn't know there was a difference.

Surely your range reaches beyond run-n-gun, seeing as they're not nearly as prominent as they once were.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Ritz wrote:
Dr. BUGMAN wrote:It looks to draw heavily from The Adventures of Batman & Robin on the SNES/Genesis
Which one? This is critically important.

This one isn't a run-and-gun, so our eHarmony compatibility meter is looking grim.
SNES one is better because it has more colours and the sound is better. I grew up with it, I know.

As for Way Forward's quality, is that really something to look forward to? I really wanted to enjoy Contra 4 they made, but I never even bothered to finish it. It is simply not that fun despite how 'retro' it looks. Plus they seem to hate good games in interviews and take the path of my previous paragraph when judging something.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:Surely your range reaches beyond run-n-gun, seeing as they're not nearly as prominent as they once were.
Sure they are! And sure it does. Beat-em-ups are just relatively low on my list of priorities unless they're from Vanillaware.

They've got big shoes to fill, anyway.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I've never actually played the SNES game, but it's a completely different game than the Genesis one, Kogen. The SNES game is a beat-em-up. The Genesis one is a Gunstar-esque shooter, only with batarangs instead of bullets.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Esrever wrote:I've never actually played the SNES game, but it's a completely different game than the Genesis one, Kogen. The SNES game is a beat-em-up. The Genesis one is a Gunstar-esque shooter, only with batarangs instead of bullets.
Umm, what do you mean? I am a professional game reviewer and multiplatform games are best on the console I grew up on. Do not try to tell me it is not the same game even.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

playable Green Lantern is Guy Gardner
FUCK YES

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/uk-la ... the/703946

Best game commercial featuring Batman ever made.