Prolific American Company I Do Care About vs. Capcom

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Re: Prolific American Company I Do Care About vs. Capcom

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Not one or the other - BOTH of them are cheap as hell.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Well giant Boss battles are always fun, plus Onslaught was way cooler...

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

So apparently, Amaterasu has been confirmed as a new fighter in MvC3.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Yes, yes she has. Along with Thor.

Also possible Namco Vs Capcom and Capcom Vs Namco games coming out.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Ugh namco has pretty shitty characters. Klonoa would be okay I guess.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Street Fighter X Tekken announced.

Hard to get excited with a trailer that doesn't have any gameplay but I've never really cared much for the Tekken series which is probably part of the reason why I feel apathetic.

Soul
Now Playing: Dungeon Fighter Online

Post by Soul »

Actually, it's just Street Fighter vs. Tekken, so no other Namco or Capcom characters would be involved. Not to mention this is just going to be a fighting crossover.

Still can't say I'm not too hopeful for this crossover: I didn't like what happened to the series after Tekken 4 and I couldn't stand that juggles was the core of winning in Tekken 6 - first one to get popped up or knocked down is the one that usually loses. Now imagine that same type of fighting engine being applied to the likes of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and others along with their specials and supers combined (if possible).

Yeah...I'm not looking forward to that.

On the up side, rumors are flying around stating that both Capcom and Namco are going to make their own versions of this newly announced crossover with the same fighting used in SF4. This I won't mind...and actually look forward to! So I guess it all comes down to preference: decent juggles vs. bullshit juggles. You decided.

Now compliments with bootleg trailer from Comic-Con 2010:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-EBx-MFNw

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Great. Nobody even likes tekken anymore. It doesn't help either that the game looks almost identical to sfIV.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Does anyone here play Tekken? I've never been a fan and I don't remember ever meeting anyone who had any affection for the series, but it's never really offended me, either. I assume someone somewhere must be playing them.

Having that said, this looks way more appealing to me than Marvel vs Capcom 3 and I really don't know why.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

...nope, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 definitely blows this one out of the water for me. Never gave a shit about Tekken. Not owning a PS1 at the time it was popular probably contributed greatly to that. About the best hope I have here is that it'll play like Street Fighter, but with more characters. Zangief can now actually wrestle bears in-game. New and exciting.

Soul

Post by Soul »

GG, I still play Tekken, but only for fun and kicks. To play on a competitive level would be suicide at this point. Before the likes of 5 and 6 (UGH), Tekken was a worthy fighter - it was a game that was said to be 'realistic' at one point because of the whole left-right button scheme of things. It even sparked a rival between the likes of Tecmo and their Dead or Alive series (before Itagaki split from the scene). It was even considered a 'true 3D fighter' over Soul Caliber and Virtua Fighter - and even I found that hype to be bullshit until Tekken 4 was released. That was the peak of Namco's development with the series.

Then suddenly it all became about juggling and bouncing your opponent around like your trying to dribble a football with your hands and feet. So I can share the hatred with others who says that Tekken (nowadays) has gone to shit. How can I blame them after the experience I've been through?

With that being said, I'm really afraid of what Namco will do when they develop their version of the cross-over. And that's not coming from experience with Tekken 6.

Rad: That's excatly what Capcom is going for - there's a plan for two different versions of the cross-over game: one by Capcom featuring gameplay like Street Fighter, the other by Namco featuring gameplay like Tekken.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

I still like Tekken. Prefer Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter over it though. Always have done though.

Was kinda looking forward to the whole Capcom V Namco/Namco V Capcom though. But this looks all right.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I played Tekken once. My mate was playing as a wrestler with a tiger's head, or something. At the very start of the fight, he grabbed me and did like ten throws at once. I died. The rest of the time was spent choking back vomit, thanks to the bizarre sliding floor thing they got going on. Real 3D!

My conclusion is that Tekken is horseshit. Then again, I only died once or twice, there; when I play SFIV, my mate plays Akuma and I Die One Thousand Deaths.

Smash Bros, though... I'll take you down to China Town, and you're paying for the meal.

Soul

Post by Soul »

^ Yeah, "King" will fuck you up badly if he grabs you - those button command throws are a bitch.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Does anyone here play Tekken? I've never been a fan and I don't remember ever meeting anyone who had any affection for the series, but it's never really offended me, either. I assume someone somewhere must be playing them.
A guy I went to high school with is a big fan of Tekken. He looks forward to and plays each installment to death. He's also a big Street Fighter fan. He's probably bouncing off the walls right now.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I came.

It's good to see that Capcom still loves V. Joe despite him burning out faster than any of its other properties. (I still have to pick up that DS game of his...)

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Speaking of Wesker, I just saw Resident Evil: Afterlife and it sucks balls. Not as much as the third one, but it does suck a lot of balls.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Finally! I wonder what took so long. It's awesome that this song is making a comeback. Now all I need is Strider. If Strider is there then I'm satisfied. Bionic Commando would be a luxury.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I was getting a little concerned too! The roster's looking nice so far, the only weak character on Marvel' side is X23 (I'm not the biggest fan of Deadpool, but he has a decent following).

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Like Spider-man wouldn't. He's Marvel's Mario!

Sure Tatsunoko vs. Capcom had no Speed Racer. Not exactly sure what the particulars there were, though.

Soul

Post by Soul »

I only hope they edited his A.I. for this game. I had enough of that "WEB LOG, WEB LOG, WEB LOG, SPIDA-STING!!" junk from Marvel Super Heroes AND Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Dormammu is a little baffling. Why not Dr. Strange?

Soul

Post by Soul »

Guess they were making up for the lack of Shuma-Gorath. Still, a good point - why not bring the doc out to stomp some faces and work his inter-dimensional magic?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Esrever wrote:Dormammu is a little baffling. Why not Dr. Strange?
The only reason I can think of, is that they might have wanted to up the villain count a little. Dormammu is certainly a better representative of Marvel's magical villains than Blackheart and Shuma-Gorath - I still have no idea how those two made it into "Marvel Super-Heroes" and stuck around in the VS sequels.

It's been confirmed that the Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Ghost Rider and Dr Strange won't be playable characters, and heavily suggested that Cyclops won't either. Kinda sucky because, aside from Ghost Rider (who I do dig), they're all top tier characters.

Makes me wonder who will make the cut. Storm? Black Panther? Silver Surfer? Doctor Octopus? Green Goblin? Magneto? Venom? One of the girls from Runaways?

If we have Dormammu in place of Dr Strange and Super Skrull in place of the FF does that mean Elektra or Bullseye will be featured instead of Daredevil?

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Well, Storm just has to be...