It followed me home

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

It followed me home

Post by Green Gibbon! »

http://www.solarobo.channel.or.jp/

About the fuck time. It's only been what, 12 goddamn years? Is there anyone in the world besides me who even remembers Tail Concerto? Is there anyone in the world besides me who even played Tail Concerto? I'm pretty sure they're making this game for me.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Re: It followed me home

Post by Radrappy »

I'm mildly interested in this seeing as I missed out on Concerto. I'd be lying though if I said the furry component didn't kind of freak me out. Hopefully it's like sherlock hound in that respect. (the only furry franchise I'll ever admit to loving.)

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

I remember my girlfriend loving the shit out of Tail Concerto years ago. Actually, my mind is blown to see that her old fanlisting for it is somehow still up. That site'se exactly how it was like six years ago.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I loved Tail Concerto, I remember back when some PSX-oriented magazine had a demo CD with it in the "import" section before anyone had even picked it up. I just hope this isn't another one of those games you have to play outside.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Radrappy wrote:I'm mildly interested in this seeing as I missed out on Concerto. I'd be lying though if I said the furry component didn't kind of freak me out. Hopefully it's like sherlock hound in that respect. (the only furry franchise I'll ever admit to loving.)
Did someone say good furry things? http://www.lackadaisycats.com/

CM August

Post by CM August »

What's furry about it? Unless human-ish talking animals is all it takes to count, and that's like half the animated medium.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Technically that's all it takes, but technically being a furry just means you like anthropomorphic animals -- Sonic, Mickey Mouse, etc. The term has been taken over by, well, you know, so no one thinks of it that way anymore.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I've always suspected I was making some sort of mistake, but I glossed right over Tail Concerto because what little I'd seen of the game made it look like a watered down and much less appealing Mega Man Legends. I'm guessing I shouldn't have done that?

Either way, this game looks pretty fantastic in comparison. Red, Merveille and Bruno are the only characters that don't look like shit to me, but the robots are uncharacteristically awesome. I'm actually sort of excited about this for some reason!

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I remember seeing an add for it in EGM back in the day.

^contributing

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Delphine wrote:Technically that's all it takes, but technically being a furry just means you like anthropomorphic animals -- Sonic, Mickey Mouse, etc. The term has been taken over by, well, you know, so no one thinks of it that way anymore.
It should be noted that professionals in the cartoon industry have always used the term "funny animal" rather than furry. So I guess that could work...?

For the record, Sonic and Mickey never really came off as proper representations of their respective animals anyway. They're more like vaguely animal shaped blobs of solid color. In Mickey's case, making him look like a mouse was sort of a way hide his vaudevillian black-face origin (most cartoon characters back then were based on this, like Felix, Bosco, etc.).

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I've always suspected I was making some sort of mistake, but I glossed right over Tail Concerto because what little I'd seen of the game made it look like a watered down and much less appealing Mega Man Legends.
That's actually a pretty accurate description. The game wasn't great (I actually never finished it myself), it was just... y'know. It was just cool, fuck off.
Red, Merveille and Bruno are the only characters that don't look like shit to me
Those are the dogs. I think the other characters are all cats. And they are awesome cats.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Rob-Bert wrote:For the record, Sonic and Mickey never really came off as proper representations of their respective animals anyway. They're more like vaguely animal shaped blobs of solid color. In Mickey's case, making him look like a mouse was sort of a way hide his vaudevillian black-face origin (most cartoon characters back then were based on this, like Felix, Bosco, etc.).
What about Bugs, Daffy and the rest of the Looney Tunes entourage? They were all fairly well representative of their animals of origin, but they're no less beloved in comparison. I think we all need to discuss this further, we need to draw the line between what is and isn't acceptable furry so we can all fucking move on with our lives without having to second-guess our sexuality. Funny animal people deserve to be socially acceptable again.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Bugs and Daffy and all them seem to fall into the regular "talking animal category" since most of them they actually live and act like those respective animals are supposed to (Bugs lives in a hole and eats carrots, the coyote always tries to eat the Road Runner, Foghorn lives on a farm, etc.)

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Tail Concerto is one of those games that I always had a sort of passing interest in, but never enough to actually go out and pick it up. Back when I had a modded PSP I downloaded an ISO of the game, but it just sat on my hard drive until I needed some more space. So what I'm saying is I will probably never play Tail Concerto, I guess.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

P.P.A. wrote:
Radrappy wrote:I'm mildly interested in this seeing as I missed out on Concerto. I'd be lying though if I said the furry component didn't kind of freak me out. Hopefully it's like sherlock hound in that respect. (the only furry franchise I'll ever admit to loving.)
This is fucking terrible P.P.A. The drawings are so overproduced/rendered that I can hardly read it.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

My best friend I talked about in the "first game" thread went so far as importing Tails Concerto, so yeah, he definitely liked it. Sadly I never got to play it, dunno if I'll be able to borrow it from him next time I go over to his place or he comes to mine. He started a thread about this game over at another forum, but he doesn't seem to be especially excited over this because it's a portable game (we both think the DS and PSP killed off many a sequel/ entire franchise, even moreso than the Wii).

Anyways, I don't care about all that furry shit (but seriously, I can't quite understand how you Americans let that grow and spread like a virus), the characters look gorgeous and the mechs are right there with the Rockman DASH ones. I generally always liked Nobuteru Yuuki's work.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Radrappy wrote:
P.P.A. wrote:
This is fucking terrible P.P.A. The drawings are so overproduced/rendered that I can hardly read it.
Thankyou! I knew I couldn't be the only person in the world who thought this!

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

(we both think the DS and PSP killed off many a sequel/ entire franchise, even moreso than the Wii)
The fact that it's on the DS is probably the only reason it was allowed to be made. Apparently anything can turn a profit on the DS.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

It looks pretty ugly to me. The character designs in the first game were a lot more sensible - although I admit some of it was much too boring/generic, but in this game they all seem 'radtarded'. Mixing extreme anime and furries into one game is certainly a volatile mixture, as both are fairly queer on their own (especially anime in Argentina).

I am also unsure of the developer: are they the same ones who did the first game? I know they owned the rights of the franchise and had been planning a different (and better looking, although maybe by the potential older team?) game prior, but I am not sure about the current situation.

With that said, I will probably still get it since I am a fag and never use my DS for anything other than an alarm clock now. But I would hope this gets an English release, as I do not feel like paying 50 dollars for it on PlayAsia.

Crowbar wrote:
Radrappy wrote:This is fucking terrible P.P.A. The drawings are so overproduced/rendered that I can hardly read it.
Thankyou! I knew I couldn't be the only person in the world who thought this!
Now now lads, be honest. You knew what you were getting into when you saw that post.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Green Gibbon! wrote:The fact that it's on the DS is probably the only reason it was allowed to be made. Apparently anything can turn a profit on the DS.
Uhmm yeah, maybe I should have said "butchered" instead of killed. You know, the new games generally not living up to expectations either by being a retread of the same old stuff with vastly poorer controls, graphics and sound, or an altogether watered down experience... with vastly poorer controls, graphics and sound.

Also, there's this Spanish dude who said that, had the portable machines never existed in the first place, this kind of games would have eventually showed up on decent systems anyways (of course with the chance of not turning a profit, but overall much better gaming experiences nonetheless).

Also, on P.P.A.'s link... I think it is the overall page layout on each comic that goes against it, coupled with bad text placement (and buttloads of chatter) and somewhat disconnected, incoherent face expressions that don't quite blend into a seamless, unified style. Other than that, it's quite snazzy.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I know what you meant, that's why I made the comment. As awesome as it would be to have a real, next-gen, bleeding edge high-poly epic PS3 sequel to Tail Concerto, it would take an insane Hollywood budget and there's not nearly enough of a potential audience to justify it. Even if it had been on the PS3 or 360, budget limitations would mean it really wouldn't look that much different from what it might look like on a lesser console (lower poly counts, less textures, etc), and (assuming Sony would even approve it, which is unlikely) players wouldn't go for it. But it seems much less out-of-place on a weaker system that can't pull off "Hollywood games" in the first place, which at this point basically means handhelds or the Wii. I don't like it, it's just the way it is.

And anyway, the DS is not that much less powerful than the PS1, is it? It should look at least comparable to the original.

Blank
Now Playing: PSO2

Post by Blank »

I'm definitely interested in this. Tail Concerto is a game I've been meaning to play for a while now.

But yeah, hawt furry on mecha action. Its like my two favorite things in the world.

The character designs are pretty boring, but I've seen worst. If you want some bad anthrofic check out the apparently recent arcade-released "Monster" JP fighting game. It took me yonder to restore my faith and wash away the terribly generalized characters.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Am I weird 'cause I love the character design?

Blount

Post by Blount »

I like it too. From what little I've seen of the first game, its character designs are much worse and more generic. The kittens look especially awful, like doodles compared to the other characters. I understand that they're supposed to be simple cutesy enemies you have to capture, but Ape Escape has those and they don't look half as bad. I also hate how the main dog character looks. The new game has much better designs, I think.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

I recall Bandai mentioning that the series sold well enough to justify a sequel before, so I do not think it is that lowly of a title to not get a decent budget. I would have really preferred they at least tried to do it on Wii. DS kind of looks like ass for 3D games just due to the screen.