I feel hatred.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

I feel hatred.

Post by P.P.A. »

For the first time in a long time of harmony and tolerance; furious hatred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Re: I feel hatred.

Post by Opa-Opa »

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Stupid army. Stupid war. Murderer bastards.

I don't want to offend anyone. I'd better keep quiet.

To think they're sending 100.000+ more soldiers there.

(No Imagination)

Post by (No Imagination) »

I don't want to offend anyone. I'd better keep quiet.
That's the problem, right here. Innocents are blasted apart, and we worry about offending anyone. To instead honor the deaths of these people, I'll attempt to be as ruthless as I possibly can:

The USA army is just the world's biggest suppression machine installed to protect the economy of the developed world; these horrible events are an integral part of the very system that keeps you busy playing videogames at low prices.

Every product made from oil-derived material (plastic) has blood of these people in it.

Enjoy your Sonic 4.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Sonic 4 is DLC. But your point stands.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

(No Imagination) wrote:and we worry about offending anyone
I meant I don't want to offend any of you. I'm sorry but my hate goes way beyond the USA army. I just find hard to say anything without falling into huge generalizations. I know not everyone in the USA is a complete idiot. I know there's a lot of people that are now against this war, and some always were. Plus I can't say that 9/11 is bullshit compared to what happens every day in those parts of the world.

What really makes me angry is how any single little tragedy that happens in US soil is turned into a big event. Had this happened there, there would have a new "We Are the World", a movie and a documentary on CNN.

To me terrorism is invading someone else's country claiming that you can take better care of them than themselves. It's creating chaos and death in name of "peace" and "freedom", when the actual reasons are profit and world economics.

This is just one single casualty from a thousand more we don't know.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

To me, terrorism is performing a variety of crimes, including threats, blackmail, and murder, unto those who don't follow your strict ideological beliefs, ranging from "stop supporting Israel you heathens", "man, it'd be sweet if we got $1,000,000 out of this bomb threat", and performed in such a fashion that, as much as anyone would want to, they can't punish you for your crimes.

I suppose that might be a bit broad, depending on your take on certain crimes (defamation, for instance; if that was a crime (it shouldn't be, except in extreme cases), half the Internet would qualify as terrorists), but it's got a fair amount of the criteria right, at least.

As for whether or not the US are terrorists or not... I'd prefer to think of the ones that make news stories like this as incredibly inept policemen, albeit given that it's an occupation against the will of the people, it'd probably qualify, yeah.
Opa-Opa wrote:What really makes me angry is how any single little tragedy that happens in US soil is turned into a big event. Had this happened there, there would have a new "We Are the World", a movie and a documentary on CNN.
It wasn't a single little tragedy, it was a single huge tragedy. More on that in the next quote. However, you're correct in that it's not atypical for us to completely ignore similar tragedies in foreign countries. Rather chilling, honestly, that we don't pay enough attention to foreign affairs. Of course, paying too much attention can also be a bit of a pain; sometimes, the "news" section on Wikipedia's front page, for instance, is all but completely useless for me, covering a variety of subjects that have absolutely no bearing on me whatsoever (ignoring the tragedies, of course), while ignoring subjects that would have more bearing on me (US news, for instance). (Annoyingly, it's actually pretty consistent with local news stations' reporting, as of me writing this post, so I can't cite an actual example. Still, it is often deluged with headlines like "Belgium wins the medal for Biggest Structure Made of French Fries, with 70,000-fry-structure (pictured)", which are nice but pale to, say, "Huge earthquake occurs in Mexico".)
Opa-Opa wrote:I can't say that 9/11 is bullshit compared to what happens every day in those parts of the world.
You're right, you can't - an event like that is tragic no matter where it happens. I can help you explain the feelings, though. See, we, as Americans, had one huge tragedy on a single day that took thousands of lives. They in the Middle East, conversely, get frequent lesser tragedies - suicide bombers at least once a week, for instance. Given the choice between one single large tragedy that ultimately doesn't derail life as we know it, and multiple smaller tragedies that occur frequently and randomly enough to make life incredibly anxious and worrisome, it's pretty obvious that we got off easy compared to them, regardless of what anyone else might say. That we fail to acknowledge that on a regular basis is, well, disheartening.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I felt really horrible to see and hear about this, but it's just the way things are. Without on-screen indicators added for my benefit to cleanly identify innocent people, children, and things that are not guns, I can't be sure I wouldn't have responded the same way if I were in the place of the soldiers. I mean, when I'm walking home at night I think I see all kinds of things that aren't really there, I can only assume it would be even worse in a place where people really are trying to kill me.

I'm not if favor of our actions in Iraq, but in this incident I really feel for those on both sides. It just sucks.
Had this happened there, there would have a new "We Are the World", a movie and a documentary on CNN.
To be fair, if another more powerful nation invaded the US, knocked out our infrastructure, and then helped us rebuild it at gunpoint, they probably wouldn't let us do that.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Everyone surprised by this doesn't pay enough fucking attention.

Other than that, all I see is the usual chest-thumping and bravado, the convincing themselves that the severe fuck-up wasn't their fault (a condition of humanity in general), and a guy pouring over the tape after the fact to point out what the soldiers didn't realize in the first place: that there were civies and kids on the scene. It's fucking tragic, and it's fucking horrible, and it's nothing new. Every single person reading this thread will move on by tomorrow. I'd say including me, but this shit doesn't even upset me anymore. Just makes me feel tired.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Over a million children starved to death in Iraq due to economic sanctions and you complain about a few people killed by accident? They obviously did not know who they were shooting.

Like others said, if you are surprised then I guess you are just stupid. This is barely anything.

Also Sonic 4 sucks.

(No Imagination)

Post by (No Imagination) »

Sonic 4 is DLC.
True, but whatever you're playing it on, is not.
Like others said, if you are surprised then I guess you are just stupid. This is barely anything.
Who here was actually surprised? Disgusted's a more fitting word.

It's not about being surprised, it's more of a "this shouldn't be happening!" feel.

I suppose it's got to do with demoralization...my idea is that games like Modern Warfare 2 aren't there to prepare you for the killing, but to prepare you for looking at dying people and feeling nothing.

Much like you just did, it seems.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Q: Where do I put my political hysteria?
A: Not here!