What are you playing today?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Re: What are you playing today?

Post by G.Silver »

I'm still downloading, but if you were interested, don't forget to grab Azure Striker Gunvolt today (or tomorrow?) so you can get your free download of Might Gunvolt along with it!

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I sure am interested, but for whatever reason (maybe they haven't decided the price?), Gunvolt is nowhere to be seen in the Brazilian eShop. I might have to wait until next week - the same thing happened when Dual Destinies came out (except for the "all traces of existence erased" deal).

Now on stuff I have actually been playing: Etrian Odyssey III (a second playthrough with upgraded characters and different storyline choices) and Etrian Odyssey Untold (Classic mode). Also, I found out that the best way to take out the fun out of Shovel Knight is to try doing a No Relics + No Death + Quick run.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Been playing Boxboy on 3DS, the release kinda snuck up on me, like I thought there'd be more fanfare but there it is, on the eShop. I have a feeling I may have been playing it too quickly, like I get the feeling it might end really soon, but in the meantime it's really good, more of that puzzle platforming I just can't seem to resist (that's not to say I like all puzzle platformers, just that some really get me just right). It does take a while to start to get to the challenging stuff and it makes the most obvious use of Nintendo's "increased challenge in sets of threes" style of game design that I've ever seen. But a strong recommendation from me!

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

two days ago I got Steam and I cannot believe how long I waited to get this service. It's super awesome. Anyways I bought Freedom Planet and that game is incredible. It gets a lot of comparisons to sonic but to me it feels more like a gunstar heroes or megaman game. All the characters are super different. The main character, lilac, plays more like rocket knight, while Carol plays like Megaman X's Zero and also Knuckles. The soundtrack is pretty great as well and I'd highly recommend this game.

Voice acting is a little cheesy though but it's whatever.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Not surprisingly, Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boogaloo is janky, like even moreso than Dash1. The enerbeams in particularly bad; once the game whisks me to the irrelevant sky rail-grinding section only to dump me back in the normal section, and once I activated a enerbeam box only to have jackshit happen! Oh, and at one point I dropped through the ground upon reviving! Good thing I didn't pay for it!

That said, it's got a bit more depth to it than its predecessor, largely elements borrowed from Runners like leaderboard shit and helpers (very crudely designed, uninspired "sprites"). For all its jank, it does run at a steady framerate, so it's an improvement over Runners as well.

Sumo Digital codeveloped it so there's hope it will be more polished in later updates.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I got caught in an inexplicable dead end repeatedly. The score counter kept going though, so I left it there to rake up a ludicrous score. :lol:

Fuck this game though