Bad Eddies

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Bad Eddies

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I was just thinking.

I've never known a good Eddie.

Seriously. Consider it. Have you ever known anyone named "Eddie" who wasn't a total cock mongrel?

I used to know an Edward, way back in kindergarten. He was a prodigy or something, he left to go to some gifted school. He was actually pretty cool. I'm sure he owns companies today.

But never in my life have I known a good Eddie.

Protodude

Re: Bad Eddies

Post by Protodude »

I can't even recall ever meeting anyone who went by Eddie before, or even really any Eds or Edwards for that matter, so I suppose it's a dying name or something.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I can't remember meeting anyone who went by Eddie either. I've known a few Eds though. And I immediately thought of Eddie Winslow, who wasn't much of a jerk on that show.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

I know an Eddie who was pretty awesome, though he sometimes went by Ed. Eddie most of the time, though. Does that count?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I've never actually known any Eddies, but my Dad had a pal named Eddie when he was a kid, and that guy was always getting them into trouble.

Now Amy -- that's a name I've come to fear. Every Amy I've every met has turned out to be a giant douche mongrel, on some sort of permanent PMS, and does nothing but cause drama and strife amongst her dwindling social circle.

UCHU

Post by UCHU »

Same applies for people named John. Everyone I've met named John sucks. They were all shallow or dumb.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Johns are shallow and dumb, but you would be too if your parents didn't have the creativity to name you something other than "John". They do mean well, at any rate, unlike Eddies.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

The only Eddie I know is the younger brother of one of my best friends, named James. For James' bachelor party, we took a trip to Vegas. Eddie stayed up for over 48 hours straight without sleeping and while consuming a constant stream of alcohol, staying awake through the first night while the rest of us passed out at around 5am. During our unconsciousness, Eddie gambled for several more hours, went to the hotel pool and talked up some bimbo, brought her back to his room and took her ceiling sightseeing, and had showered up and dressed in time for all of us to be up for breakfast. He managed to stay awake throughout the entirety of the next day, before finally passing out at around 2am the second night.

The night before the wedding, we went barhopping downtown and Eddie managed to get into a verbal altercation with a douchebag wearing a pink polo shirt. I had to physically hold Eddie back (he's in the military and very fit), hail a cab and throw him inside it to prevent a fistfight from breaking out in the street.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

The only Eddie I knew of stole my first girlfriend from me. I was still in school and he was older. I never talked to him in my life, but he must've been a prick because it didn't last. Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was an asshole.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I knew one Eddie in high school, and he was a very cool and chill guy. One of the few Mexicans I liked and didn't have to be scared of jumping me.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Never met an Eddie as long as I've lived, but my middle name is Edward and I can be kind of a douche sometimes. Draw your own conclusions, I guess. Ditto on the Amy thing, they're all fucking unhinged (although usually hot). I remain on the fence with Aimees.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I'm pretty sure my very first friend's name was Eddie. We used to ride our little toy bikes around the asphalt plaza both our houses shared every day, and that was swell, up until he stole my bike from me. Then we wound up going our separate ways, but about 8 years later, I moved back to the same town and we miraculously wound up occupying the same apartment building together. And then we started hanging out again, but that stopped when he stole my scooter.

Total fucking jackass.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

One of the biggest douchebags I've ever known is an Eddie. There must be some science behind this.

Celebrities must have some sort of exemption, because Eddie Izzard is various forms of awesome.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

There's an Amy I know that told some people she was helping move that she was moving in with them. She didn't ask, she told them. Since there weren't any extra bedrooms in the house, she put up curtains around the doorways of the front room (pretty much the dinning room) and made a bedroom out of it. The front door was useless because of that... Then she decided to adopt a kitten before telling the people she lived with. That made 3 cats in a small house and they'd fight and the kitten would tear things up. Eventually two of the people living there tried to confront her about all this, they got in a fight, and moved out. Then Amy and the remaining roommate couldn't afford rent and they were all scattered.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

They just... LET her move in? They didn't just laugh and tell her to fuck off? They agreed to the whole thing and gave her a key and everything?

Wow.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Ritz wrote:I'm pretty sure my very first friend's name was Eddie. We used to ride our little toy bikes around the asphalt plaza both our houses shared every day, and that was swell, up until he stole my bike from me. Then we wound up going our separate ways, but about 8 years later, I moved back to the same town and we miraculously wound up occupying the same apartment building together. And then we started hanging out again, but that stopped when he stole my scooter.

Total fucking jackass.
Don't you ever learn?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Fool me once...

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Incidentally, one of the workers in our Copy Center at work is named Eddie, and he's actually a pretty cool guy. eh maeks copies and doesn't afraid of anything.

Don't really remember any other Eddies, though. An Edward here and there, but it's been so long since I knew them that they don't really leave me with much of an impression either way.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Delphine wrote:They just... LET her move in? They didn't just laugh and tell her to fuck off? They agreed to the whole thing and gave her a key and everything?

Wow.
Yeah.

Me and another guy who was helping them move looked at each other in amazement and laughed. They later said they were just really tired from signing the papers that morning and driving back and forth and stuff... otherwise they would had thought it over a bit more. I think they were just thinking about how much it would save them on rent (which I hear they were having trouble paying and is another reason why they ended up moving out).

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

Eddie Guerrero was OK...

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

That bastard lied, cheated & stole my heart.
His taste in friends was pretty lousy too.

The Turtle Guy
Now Playing: Metroid Prime Trilogy, Again (the game, not the adverb)

Post by The Turtle Guy »

I keep waiting for the inevitable reference to that one trio of dumb, smart, and crafty Eddies, respectively, from that one show, but none of them actually spell it "Eddie", so I guess my point is moot.

Well, uh.... Eddie Brock and Edward Blake were assholes. *shrug*

Blount

Post by Blount »

This was the whole point of that god-awful show, 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

I know a good guy who goes by Eddie, but his real name is Ralph. Of course.