Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Re: Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

It's been a good many years since I've played through a decent RPG that didn't have Mario in the title, so I was hoping FFXIII could bring me back to liking the genre. I haven't been following the coverage of FFXIII particularly closely though. If I bought it and it turned out terrible it'd probably be enough to throw me into RPG hibernation for another 5 years or more.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:It's been a good many years since I've played through a decent RPG that didn't have Mario in the title, so I was hoping FFXIII could bring me back to liking the genre. I haven't been following the coverage of FFXIII particularly closely though. If I bought it and it turned out terrible it'd probably be enough to throw me into RPG hibernation for another 5 years or more.
You could just play Golden Sun AGAIN....

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Blasphemous it may be, I haven't played either Golden Sun.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Lucky you.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Although I've never played them, I was under the impression from magazine reviews that Golden Sun was very good.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

If you like paying full-price for what is just half a game, and a bog-standard one at that, then yeah they're terrific.

UCHU

Post by UCHU »

All of my friends hate JRPGs but they all mysteriously ended up loving Golden Sun. Take from that what you will.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Golden Sun bored the shit out of me for the 30 minutes I managed to suffer through.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I played the first one. It was not bad, but not especially compelling. I never finished it and never had the desire to check out the sequel.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Yeah, I know everyone loves Golden Sun and all, but I never really felt compelled to finish the thing.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Here's the rundown: "You've only visit half of the landmarks (light houses IIRC) you were promised before fighting the hired goons that tore down your village. Congrats! You've beaten the game! All those plot threads? Oh, those will be covered in the "sequel"*. Oh you want to continue with what little the game has left in store? Ha, ha, sorry, we've locked out this save file!"

*really, it's more of a part II than a sequel.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

The one really cool thing about the original Golden Sun is when they ask you if you'll take up the quest to save the world, you can actually say no. And the game says something like "…and so they world sank into darkness." and game over's, giving you the option to choose again.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I remember in Suikoden 4 there's this one part where you get stranded on an island and you can choose (though you have to insist repeatedly) just to live on the island forever. Then the save points disappear, the character portraits get all doodly, and you repeat the same day on the island over and over until you reset the machine.

It was kind of sublime.