Mega Man 10 Announced.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Crowbar

Re: Mega Man 10 Announced.

Post by Crowbar »

OH GOD, I never bothered to buy the Zero games past the first but I've heard awesome things about them. I'd love to have that.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Wait, duhh, DS has no region lock. Well then!

Zero 1 is...awkwardly structured (prototype of the ZX games, sort of) and 4 has some issues, but 2 and 3 are worth the $30 (!) this will cost and then some. I'm just hoping you can switch the game display to the touch screen and that they don't cut 2's multiplayer. and, perhaps, do a proofreading of the english script in the first two, neither of which had the cleanest localization, but I doubt it

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

I played all the Megaman Zero games, I hated the fourth one...

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I'm not sure about the differences in 2's hard mode, but I don't think it's dramatically different. More enemies at least.
I'm not 100% sure either but I don't think it's even that dramatic. Some enemies take more hits, but the big difference that I recall is that robot masters have a longer period of invincibility before you can hit them again. The Japanese version of the game doesn't have a Normal mode and always plays on Hard.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

As I recall, the biggest difference is that items drop way more often in Normal.

(No Imagination)

Post by (No Imagination) »

Didn't care too much about 2 and 3 (except for the final boss bit in 3), but 4 is a fantastic game with exceptionally epic bosses. If you've never played any of them, I'd suggest going through 1 for the intro and basics, then skipping directly to 4.

2's emo final boss is a complete insult after all you've had to do to reach him w/ EX skills and S rank and all that, while 3 drags on for far too long in my opinion. (So it has a ton of bosses. But those bosses are horribly boring when compared to the likes of Noble Mandrago, Heat Genbel or Mino Magnus, because they only have like three attacks each.)

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

(No Imagination) wrote:If you've never played any of them, I'd suggest going through 1 for the intro and basics, then skipping directly to 4.
Yeaaaaaah no, don't do that. Play 2 and 3, they're considered the best in the franchise for a reason.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

(No Imagination), regarding the Zero series, wrote:If you've never played any of them, I'd suggest going through 1 for the intro and basics, then skipping directly to 4.
Shadow Hog, regarding the original, wrote:Yeaaaaaah no, don't do that. Play 2 and 3, they're considered the best in the franchise for a reason.
This thread has become complex.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Oh, lulz. My bad. To be fair, though, most of the posts prior to that were pretty obviously specifically talking about the NES titles, so referring to them only by numbers... well, you can kind of see how it's confusing.

...although I dunno, what little I played of the first Zero, I can't say as I cared for. I think Zero 2 left a better impression, but I still never bothered to play it all the way through. Didn't even bother with 3 or 4.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Megaman Zero 3 has a great story, gameplay wise I didnt like some things, but it was fun. Now the fourth, I wish I had got the japanese one so I could skip the story...

Back on topic, do Megaman or Protoman have new junk (Besides the enemy weapons) that wasnt present in Megaman 9?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

So I'm playing Mega Man 3 and I've just beaten Air Man redux and now I'm at an inane section that you can only cross with the Rush Jet. But if you die you go back to the beginning, and the ammo packs don't respawn, and you need them to make it across, even if you start off with full ammo. How did such an inept piece of stage design creep its way into an otherwise challenging but fair game?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I dunno. The Doc Robot segments were always the weakest part of Mega Man 3, honestly. It'd have been much, much better to just jump straight to Dr. Wily.

(No Imagination)

Post by (No Imagination) »

I liked the giant nocturnal Mettaurs, but the rest was blur, misery and pain. I don't even know which part you're talking about, it was that evil.

And then the levels went on and on...I think 3 is my favorite one.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Crazy Penguin wrote:So I'm playing Mega Man 3 and I've just beaten Air Man redux and now I'm at an inane section that you can only cross with the Rush Jet. But if you die you go back to the beginning, and the ammo packs don't respawn, and you need them to make it across, even if you start off with full ammo. How did such an inept piece of stage design creep its way into an otherwise challenging but fair game?
Helpful fact: Rush Jet does not consume energy while Mega Man is jumping. This of course means you're likely to hit more enemies by bouncing around, but the game throws so many Energy Tanks at you that you shouldn't hesitate to use 'em.

Egregious? Yes. But not as much as a certain boss from 2 is.