Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Edgerock

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Post by Edgerock »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Z_BJ3JIN4

Probably the trailer that shows the most potential and entertainment.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Re: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Post by Delphine »

I'm pretty sure I know what happens, so I'm going to save everyone some time: At the end they all die and are reborn as Sora, Riku, and Kairi.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Doubtful considering they're 4 years old during this time (well 5 for Riku). they even appear as their young selves at one point.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Delphine wrote:I'm pretty sure I know what happens, so I'm going to save everyone some time: At the end they all die and are reborn as Sora, Riku, and Kairi.
You give the game to much credit. There's no way it can't be anything other than a retarded clusterfuck of stupid ideas.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

thanks for this video, really enjoyed it.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Doubtful considering they're 4 years old during this time (well 5 for Riku). they even appear as their young selves at one point.
Doesn't matter. In Kingdom Hearts, you can have three different characters and they're all one character and they combine and never mention it again.

Goddamn stupid metaphysical clusterfuck of inconsistent world building.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Man, that title is just terribly creepy.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It actually happened in the original Sleeping Beauty.

Anyways, ending altered for the Kingdom Hearts setting mindfuck:

"'At the end they all die and their hearts merge with 4-year old Sora, Riku, and Kairi except for the dark parts of Terra's heart which become Ansem/Xenahort from the first two games. Please ignore that this would mean Sora would have four personalities inside of him of which you'll never see again, because we feel obligated to add one per game."

CM August

Post by CM August »

What the fuck does all that have to do with a Disney/Final Fantasy crossover? What a waste.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Team Mecha wrote:Doubtful considering they're 4 years old during this time (well 5 for Riku). they even appear as their young selves at one point.
wait what

My idea makes more sense.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Delphine wrote:
Team Mecha wrote:Doubtful considering they're 4 years old during this time (well 5 for Riku). they even appear as their young selves at one point.
wait what

My idea makes more sense.
This series stopped making sense in Chain of Memories.
What the fuck does all that have to do with a Disney/Final Fantasy crossover? What a waste.
It is SO sad, yes. Why couldn't they have continued making Mana games? : (

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I wish they would quit it with this Organization XIII nonsense. They were boring villains to begin with, and they're dead now anyways.

Also, I hate prequels. Graphics look good though.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

It would be nice if they'd put this on some system I have or port it to PS2 or something. Doubtful, though. I hear it's running on the same engine that powered Crisis Core, and that still hasn't left the system.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

So remind me exactly why Xehanort is a creepy old guy with a beard instead of the bishie guy he was in the first two games. Don't tell me the latter guy was so vain that he stole the real Xehanort's name too, just like he stole Ansem's.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

It's some sort of weird Shadow/Nobody/Name stealing/doppelganger thing. I'm not sure. I think they explained it in II but I'd stopped paying attention at that point.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So remind me exactly why Xehanort is a creepy old guy with a beard instead of the bishie guy he was in the first two games. Don't tell me the latter guy was so vain that he stole the real Xehanort's name too, just like he stole Ansem's.
That seems to be the deal, yes. This dude has no name and just keeps on stealing those of his mentors to confuse people.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

My theory is the old guy fuses with the new guy (Terra) and boom! young Xehanort is born, the guy who looks like KH1 "bishie" aka Ansem the guy with the darkness fetish. Maybe the old guy needed a new body?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

There's more to it but im to tired to write a KH essay now.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So Final Fantasy Crystal Chronciles action RPG for the Wii actually looks a lot better than I expected, what with being able to lob stuff everywhere and having a battle while skydiving and a protagonist who can actually be pretty easily identified as male for a Square RPG. Maybe it can recapture some of the KH style without the spiritual train wreck retroactive continuity nonsensical clutsterfuck that KH has become?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

*sigh* so many games, so little time.

Square is one that has gone overboard, I just don't have time to play so many games any more..maybe because there's soo many? I dunno.

Not that is bad is just that a normal human cant play so much, I think...yeah we most definitely cant! can we?

Blank
Now Playing: PSO2

Post by Blank »

In related news, FF13 looks sort of disheartening.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-0 ... tasy/57151

Just seems a shame that such nice presentation is wasted on some pretty uninspired material. I thought things were going well with the interactive summons and slick cinematic fighting, but even the latter has sort of declined now. Characters feel all too tired and similar even, almost as bland as TWEWY's cast. This is just me personally though, what does everyone else think of Square's recent showing?

CM August

Post by CM August »

I gave up on it apon seeing the clumsy chickenshit comic relief sidekick. Who was black. With an afro. And a bird nesting in it.

They're ahead of the times, these Japanese.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

The more realistic the characters look the less believable it all becomes.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

CM August wrote:I gave up on it apon seeing the clumsy chickenshit comic relief sidekick. Who was black. With an afro. And a bird nesting in it.

They're ahead of the times, these Japanese.
Compare him to Barret.

And I'm hoping the bird grows into a full-grown Chocobo that he can shoot out of his afro as his special attack.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Barret's not all that different from your typical black action movie character. If he's Will Smith from Independance Day, then this new guy is Richard Pryor from Superman 3. At the very least, Barret didn't spend the first half hour of gameplay making a complete idiot of himself.