[56K] Jazwares is actually kind of awesome

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Neo

Re: [56K] Jazwares is actually kind of awesome

Post by Neo »

Can you just... leave?

I mean... ugh.

ShinjukuNeedlemouse

Post by ShinjukuNeedlemouse »

Neo wrote:Can you just... leave?

I mean... ugh.
I'm sorry, but every time you post it reads like one of those black girls who think they're "sassy to the max", y'know, the whole "DONCHU GO THERE GIRLFRIEND! UGH! THOSE SHOES!" thing. You are an awesome person and I love you. :lol: Besides, what I remember of Delphine (when I was KitsuneDarkStalker) was that she was absolutely rabid, but now she's like MGS2 Raiden on tranqulizers stroking a unicorn. I WANT THE FIRE! COME BACK TO ME DELPHINE, YOU DELIGHTFULLY DRACONIC GODDESS OF HELL! WHIP ME LIKE YOU WERE A DEVO TRIBUTE BAND!

btw your "Now Playing" seems to be broken.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Neo wrote:Can you just... leave?

I mean... ugh.
This.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Shadow Hog wrote:I'm not even sure Spaz is still doing the covers anymore.

But yeah, they've gotten significantly less detailed as years go on. So essentially, their quality dropped alongside everything else good about the Sonic franchise (although, IIRC, diehard fans of the comic had been saying it's been the best it's ever been, so some small solace, I guess).
The comic HAS been consistently good since Ian Flynn became head writer and Tracey Yardley the head artist (both debuting #160, 2006). When Yardley isn't illustrating (he mostly works on the "Sonic Universe" spin-off series now) the other artists (both old and new) seem to be taking his work as the "house style". There even seems to be a good colourist as of very recently, which is probably a first for the title. Yardley and Flynn took a meandering, inpenetrable, barely comprehensible, unfocused and down-right ugly series and turned it around very swiftly.

Look at the art on the last few months of the Archie blog: http://archie-blogs.archiecomics.com/sonic/

Then compare with the vast majority of what came before, here: http://archive.sonic-hq.net/newsite/com ... sonic2.php

As for the covers, Spaz has recently returned to the main series, previously he had been doing the covers for Sonic X whilst Tracy Yardley handled the main title. There's certainly been a change in his art over the years, given his versatility and adaptability, but there's been no drop in the quality of his craft.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Crazy Penguin wrote:When Yardley isn't illustrating (he
Yardley's male? ALL MY ILLUSIONS ARE SHATTERED!

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

ShinjukuNeedlemouse wrote:(when I was KitsuneDarkStalker)
Your slightly-less neurotic self from the past has a message for you:
You, Jan 31 2007 wrote:I'm sorry everyone hates me so much. I'll try to be more quiet.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Crowbar wrote:
Crazy Penguin wrote:When Yardley isn't illustrating (he
Yardley's male? ALL MY ILLUSIONS ARE SHATTERED!
Yup. http://yardley.deviantart.com/

Makes me wonder, have any women worked on the comic other than Dawn Best, Tania del Rio and Aimee Ray?

CM August

Post by CM August »

Crazy Penguin wrote:The comic HAS been consistently good since Ian Flynn became head writer and Tracey Yardley the head artist
Subjective opinion is subjective

Other female staff have included Pam Eklund, Colleen Doran, Aimee Ray and Renae De Liz (? Sounds like Tania Del Rio's alter ego), though I did pull like two of them from this list rather than memory.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

I want that Tails!

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

ShinjukuNeedlemouse wrote:I see Princess Sally now. What's the big uproar over this, anyway? For one, the only picture in this thread about the subject is a digital camera pic taken in a store with fullbright flourescent lighting (and according to the EXIF metadata, cropped with Microsoft Photo Gallery :confused: ), the subject we're discussing happens to be a medium-resolution picture on the back of a box, and since it's an action figure box (or blister pack) the picture was taken through the blister bubble (a semi-convex piece of plastic, which surely doesn't do much for picture quality).

Not only that, the semi-translucent blue Sonic thing (I have no idea who that is because I don't read the comic, I just have a basic grasp on the original comic plot because of SatAM) is blocking most of Princess Sally, so we can't even see her as a full picture, just a partial of a head, which makes all the criticism of the comic artist's art style which was solely based on this picture invalid.

If I were to play devil's advocate though, and actually use the poor criteria to support my outlandish claims, I might say that I approve of the new design and that she doesn't seem much different other than a slightly anime-ized face.
Huh? What?

Why? when was there this debate?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

ShinjukuNeedlemouse wrote:I'm sorry, but every time you post it reads like one of those black girls who think they're "sassy to the max", y'know, the whole "DONCHU GO THERE GIRLFRIEND! UGH! THOSE SHOES!" thing. You are an awesome person and I love you. :lol: Besides, what I remember of Delphine (when I was KitsuneDarkStalker) was that she was absolutely rabid, but now she's like MGS2 Raiden on tranqulizers stroking a unicorn. I WANT THE FIRE! COME BACK TO ME DELPHINE, YOU DELIGHTFULLY DRACONIC GODDESS OF HELL! WHIP ME LIKE YOU WERE A DEVO TRIBUTE BAND!

btw your "Now Playing" seems to be broken.
The episode of Fringe I watched last night makes more sense than this paragraph + sentence.

ShinjukuNeedlemouse

Delphine wrote: The episode of Fringe I watched last night makes more sense than this paragraph + sentence.
You are so FRINGY. FRINGE FRINGE! ^_^

Neo

Post by Neo »

ShinjukuNeedlemouse wrote:You are so FRINGY. FRINGE FRINGE! ^_^
Well if anyone ever wanted to know what big_smile would be like were he hyperactive and a fangirl, here you go.

PS: you don't have to reply to every single topic

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

People'll HATE you, Steve, if you're too STING-EE.

First thing to come to mind, I swear

ShinjukuNeedlemouse

Shadow Hog wrote:People'll HATE you, Steve, if you're too STING-EE.

First thing to come to mind, I swear

omg OMG OMG YES LAST ALERT, that's EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING! OMG OMG you are AWESOME too, I will listen to you and PPA from now on.

I LOVE IT when people get my references!!! ^_________________^

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

ShinjukuNeedlemouse wrote:KitsuneDarkStalker
If this is true, then the only way I can think to explain the massive disconnect between your old and new self is that, having reached the legal age, you now only post when you're lightly drunk to block out the pain that these reprobates used to cause you.

Seriously, it's only been two years. I'm having trouble believing you're the same person.

ShinjukuNeedlemouse

Frieza2000 wrote:
ShinjukuNeedlemouse wrote:KitsuneDarkStalker
If this is true, then the only way I can think to explain the massive disconnect between your old and new self is that, having reached the legal age, you now only post when you're lightly drunk to block out the pain that these reprobates used to cause you.

Seriously, it's only been two years. I'm having trouble believing you're the same person.
Yeah, I kinda had some things happen to me that really shook me up and changed my personality a fair bit (and I don't want to talk about it, I'm not at that stage yet). I don't drink, don't smoke weed, I don't do anything like that. Personal choice. It wouldn't help me anyway, at least not forever.

If you really don't believe me: USER: KitsuneDarkStalker PASS: neodigifox

ShinjukuNeedlemouse

btw fun fact: On the old pre-phpBB I was echomorphsapient and Echo The Purple Fox, the first thing I ever posted was a link to this Richard Jascquez NiGHTS trance mix because GreenGibbon said he never heard it. Speaking of that, I was there when gibbon updated the front page with his awesome boobies poem.

Umm also, I was a furry back then. I quit that shit, it scared even me. I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, I can take all the showers in the world, and I still feel the shame on me.

ShinjukuNeedlemouse

ShinjukuNeedlemouse wrote: I was there when gibbon updated the front page with his awesome boobies poem..
btw i remember that by heart: I like boobies big and round, watch them bouncing up and down, as they jiggle to and fro, I'm not hungry but here i go because there's always room for J-E-LL-O! ^__________________________^

CM August

Post by CM August »

Why don't we douche people anymore?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Wow...you're a bit more...outgoing, let's say, than before, but I guess it's a believable transition. Sorry to hear it's been rough for you. I was sorry to see you go last time, and I'm sorry to see you go this time (mostly. Too many posts to read this time; I'm a busy man). You came much closer to fitting in than any of the other random furries (or former furries) that've wandered through. Good luck out there, Zack. You're in my prayers.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I got mine yesterday and it IS pretty awesome.

Metal Sonic sure hates those animals.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Intentional Sonic CD hologram projector reference?

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

What is Sonic CD? You mean SA2:Battle?

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

There we go.