no longer for kids

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Yami CJMErl

no longer for kids

Post by Yami CJMErl »

4Kids is up for sale. Apparently they finally made enough dumb decisions to start going belly-up.

Arcade

Re: no longer for kids

Post by Arcade »

Dont worry, iI bet whoever buys rthe company will keep the good work...

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Good riddance and may that evil corporation vanish from the face of the Earth! and the one who buys it make it into I dunno? Starbucks?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Crap, I thought this thread was about Trix.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Hmm...

Oh.

Neo

Post by Neo »

I'm beginning to think Kogen's trolling us and he's not really autistic like he says he is.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Everyone on the internet is a troll.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I recently learned that people who live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (the UP [YOU-PEE] as it's referred to) call us in the Lower Peninsula trolls. They call us trolls because we "live under the bridge" (Mackinac).

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:I recently learned that people who live in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (the UP [YOU-PEE] as it's referred to) call us in the Lower Peninsula trolls. They call us trolls because we "live under the bridge" (Mackinac).
Do you eat live goats, too?

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

I guess there's a sliver of a chance that whoever buys 4Kids could make the company produce higher-quality dubs.

Though my gut tells me that likely won't happen.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:They call us trolls because we "live under the bridge" (Mackinac).
Hey, I went to Mackinac Island over the summer. Beautiful place, great fudge too.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Protodude wrote:
gr4yJ4Y wrote:They call us trolls because we "live under the bridge" (Mackinac).
Hey, I went to Mackinac Island over the summer. Beautiful place, great fudge too.
I assume you rode bikes too? And it probably smelt like horse pies, especially in town right?

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Definitely rode bikes everywhere, riding around the entire island was a little over eight miles and was very scenic and pretty. The horse poo didn't really smell, but there was a ton of it you had to dodge. I actually saw a man sweeping up some of the poo, I can only imagine how horrible a job that must be.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Protodude wrote:Definitely rode bikes everywhere, riding around the entire island was a little over eight miles and was very scenic and pretty. The horse poo didn't really smell, but there was a ton of it you had to dodge. I actually saw a man sweeping up some of the poo, I can only imagine how horrible a job that must be.
Is still better than being a Janitor in a Bus station...

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

(NOTE: I apologize for replying to another of Arcade's asinine posts. However, I think the following retort is completely justified)

*ahem* Why, Arcade, you sound as if you have plenty of experience in that particular trade. Do tell more!

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

Huh, i always thought 4kids was just as branch of some larger media conglomerate. I guess i just naturally assumed since it seems that just about all the media corporations you often hear about tends to actually be owned by some much bigger media corporation that you dont hear as much about. Of course the exception to this rule is Disney, which is just owned by, well, Disney.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

What's Viacom owned by, then? :P

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

National Amusements, in a way.

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

Also, the thing about Viacom is that the actual parent company isn't as well known as many of it's divisions. Sure, most people have heard about Viacom, but everyone has heard about MTV, even little kids and the mentally challenged. And as i said, it's the same deal with a lot of other conglomerates, but with Disney it's kinda the opposite, where the name of the parent company is far more well known than the name of any of it's individual divisions. And what makes that extra interesting is that Disney is probably the only big media conglomerate with a specific image. Like, MTV sure has an image (cool, youthful), and Nickelodeon has an image (happy, childish), but Viacom as a whole does not. People dont perceive the company as having any kind of characteristic style or "feel" to it. But with Disney, people do. And that's why some people make a fuss about the fact that Disney produces R-rated movies, since stuff like that doesn't exactly fit in with the whole "Disney magic" thing.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Dr. Watson wrote:Huh, i always thought 4kids was just as branch of some larger media conglomerate. I guess i just naturally assumed since it seems that just about all the media corporations you often hear about tends to actually be owned by some much bigger media corporation that you dont hear as much about. Of course the exception to this rule is Disney, which is just owned by, well, Disney.
I have this feeling that they're related to VIZ Media somehow. I think I saw a small thing about Sonic X on their home page one time...