The billion-dollar bat Returns

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
cjmcray

The billion-dollar bat Returns

Post by cjmcray »

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Re: The billion-dollar bat Returns

Post by Cuckooguy »

I find your opinions on this subject fascinating

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

We all already knew another Batman movie was going to come out eventually, so its kinda hard to get really excited about these news when there is not a single word about the content of the movie. Personally, im still rooting for the Penguin to show up. "Not realistic enough" my foot. Just make him a mobster, a regular, realistic mobster with a somewhat long lose. And a monocle. And an umbrella that shoots bullets, fire and acid. And a giant rubber-duck-car. You know, that kind of mobster.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

Well, he's a lot more realistic than Ivy or Freeze. The Penguin's just delightfully eccentric, that's all.

He'd be cool. But my money's on the Riddler- without green pajamas- this time around.

Anyways, fuck yes indeed.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

They'll probably pick a really lame villain like Black Mask.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

I'm hoping for the Riddler.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Is there something awesome about the Riddler that I just don't know because I'm unfamiliar with the comics? (I've been told that if I were more familiar with the comics, the last movie's Joker wouldn't have been so surprising--but that surprise was part of what made him so good!)

I don't see how they can do anything to top the previous movie unless they kill Batman or make him really old or something. It doesn't really matter who the villain is.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Unmentioned a criminal mastermind not satisfied with simply getting away with a crime. The Riddler has to announce his crimes to Batman, he "wins" if he creates the ultimate puzzle that the world's greatest detective cannot solve.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

G.Silver wrote:I don't see how they can do anything to top the previous movie unless they kill Batman or make him really old or something. It doesn't really matter who the villain is.
That's the risk you take in sequels, I guess. Rather than trying to top Black Knight, I'd be pleased if this movie stood really well by itself.

Still... This is a totally subjective observation, but the recent trio of Spiderman movies really lost steam in the last installment. No matter how well this new Batman does, I just can't see it spawning another sequel.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Surprise? Spider man has two more installments in the works. And I think we can be assured that a Transformers 3 will break the box office again despite the series quality. Batman will sell tickets.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I think Riddler's a top choice. I'd like to see Bats doing more actual detecting, and less growling and punching mobsters.

M.C.Dillinger
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Foolish and British person, you're asking Hollywood to make an intelligent movie.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Christopher Nolan is English, dickhole. Also, intelligent.

And I don't think "Hollywood" has had much of to say about anything since, like, the mid-forties.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Is there something awesome about the Riddler that I just don't know because I'm unfamiliar with the comics? (I've been told that if I were more familiar with the comics, the last movie's Joker wouldn't have been so surprising--but that surprise was part of what made him so good!)
The Joker is basically ever serial killer ever made mixed in with Carrot Top.

The Riddler is about as intimidating as a CareBear. He's scared of the rest of Batman's villains and just wants to play puzzles with him. I don't even recall him
ever actually killing someone. You can't build a movie around him. It'd be like a Superman movie where he fought the Prankster. In fact, for the past couple of years, he's given up crime to become a detective.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

at my old job I was a security guard and my dispatcher was a awesome comic book buff and we would pretty much just read comic books in dispatch. Anyways he was telling me how in one of the comics the Riddler discovered Batman's identity and threatened to tell everyone. But Batman just replied that, "it isn't a riddle if everybody knows the answer." And because of the Riddler's insane ego he never told anybody.

Then later he becomes a detective to show that he is twice the detective Batman is. Anyways he is just a egotistical asshole, which is why he is cool.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

As previously mentioned in this thread, Riddler's a total wimp. Also, he's boring. No Riddler please.

TDK's sequel was intended to have Ledger return (He was contracted to star in two Batman movies before his death) I really want to see what The Joker's going to do now that he is locked up and his soulmate Batman is wanted for murder. Sure, Ledger was a great actor, but people didn't see TDK for Ledger, they saw it for the Joker. I'm sure Nolan could find an actor who can do a more-than-decent job with the role of the Joker. I don't want him to follow-up TDK with some dull villains like Black Mask, Riddler, Bane or Catwoman. As the Joker said in TDK "You and I are destined to do this forever."

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

I am a bit surprised they haven't gone down the same route as Spiderman with name dropping. I would have thought Bullock and Montoya were going to be mentioned during the bits in the police station. But that's just me.

Also, isn't there a petition trying to persuade the producers of Batman 3, not to recast The Joker? Which I hope falls on deaf ears because there seems to be a story to tell. Plus I wouldn't mind minor villains turning up again as cannon fodder for Batman, as long as they don't end up "breaking the bat" as it were.

Personally I wouldn't mind Penguin, Catwoman or Riddler being brought in for the sequel, probably not as the main villain though. Riddler would make for interesting viral marketing. Whatever that is.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

The next villain should be Baby Doll, imo.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

If they don't want to use a new Joker, I say they just take Zeta's idea have Harley Quinn be his replacement. I sure as hell wanna see her Nolanverse look at any rate.

M.C.Dillinger

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Rob-Bert wrote:If they don't want to use a new Joker, I say they just take Zeta's idea have Harley Quinn be his replacement. I sure as hell wanna see her Nolanverse look at any rate.
If they did I doubt she would very much for her original design for the animated series.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Wombatwarlord777 wrote:That's the risk you take in sequels, I guess. Rather than trying to top Black Knight, I'd be pleased if this movie stood really well by itself.
I don't think that topping Black Knight is going to be very difficult.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I know he's not exactly well liked, but I think Hush might be a villain that could sort of work in the "nolanverse" if they did him right.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

The Riddler is COOL!

I also think they could make the ventriloquist really dark and demented if they wanted to. I always thought he was an interesting villain.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I am a bit surprised they haven't gone down the same route as Spiderman with name dropping. I would have thought Bullock and Montoya were going to be mentioned during the bits in the police station. But that's just me.
Actually, Montoya was originally supposed to be Gordon's traitor, Ramirez, until they realized that making a popular lesbian hispanic hero from the comics into the token traitor would be a really bad move.

Ventriloquist would work OK. They're just running low on the more realistic Batman villains. That are actually interesting, anyways.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I never read that Harley Quinn solo series, but it seems like most of her charm comes from repartee with Joker or Ivy so it's hard to imagine her as a good full-fledged villain. More Joker really does seem like the logical course of action, but I can't see them doing anything that wouldn't be repetitious. I'd love to see some Scarface, Clayface, or Freeze, especially Freeze, but even ignoring the realistic tone of the movies they can't improve on what the animated series has done with those characters.

There was too much build up for Two-Face for them to dismiss him so quickly, so my bets are on him.