Sonic Adventure 2: Battle Joyride Studios figurine on eBay..

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Shadow Hog

Re: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle Joyride Studios figurine on eBay..

Post by Shadow Hog »

Arcade wrote:Sonic Adventure was a great game, too bad they never made a sequel...

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Arcade wrote:Sonic Adventure was a great game, too bad they never made a sequel...
The Matrix was a great movie, too bad they never made a sequal...

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I wonder if Jennifermew64 will ever post here again or that she(he?) just signed up just to make this one thread in a fultile attempt to troll this board.

Blount

Post by Blount »

I don't think I've ever seen anyone registering after me and making more than one, two posts tops. That said, it's most likely a joke account.

The fact that prototypes fetch a more handsome price than finished versions of some types of products still baffles me to this day. I guess I was just never much of a collector.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Well, for video games, you can often see cut levels or content - that alone makes such a thing valuable.

Meanwhile, for toys, you get the same toy, but without paint...? How that could possibly be more valuable, I haven't a clue.

Blount

Post by Blount »

Obviously it's because you can paint it using any colors you want and have a model of your own Sonic fan-character!

Jennifermew64

Post by Jennifermew64 »

Are you people truly this oblivious as to why prototype models of figures are more valuable than the thousands and thousands of standard figures sold in stores? :confused:

It's a collecting aspect, hence why these things are for COLLECTORS, god damn.

Neo

Post by Neo »

I know! I'll fill thousands of plastic vials with my own semen and put them up for sale. Then later, I'll sell empty vials, except only a few dozen.

I'll make millions~

EDIT: And then I'll auction a single, cracked vial, except it's signed by Peter Molyneux me

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Jennifermew64 wrote:Are you people truly this oblivious as to why prototype models of figures are more valuable than the thousands and thousands of standard figures sold in stores? :confused:

I just imagined the Comic Book Guy's voice saying all that, and I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Jennifermew64 wrote:Are you people truly this oblivious as to why prototype models of figures are more valuable than the thousands and thousands of standard figures sold in stores? :confused:

Because people don't want to buy unpainted ugly figures? That's what I always thought, anyways.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

YAY YOU CAME BACK *CLAPS*

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Oh boy! Oh boy! She/He sounds like one of those young, blindly optimistic Sonic fans that we haven't seen in awhile here. I hope she stays long enough to make another inane thread such as "Which Sonic character is your favorite?"

Oh I know it's rare. I'm just not impressed that this is what you are spending over $200 for.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I'm finding it hard to believe that this item is real. Why would anyone package an unpainted prototype figure and call it a collector's item?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Speaking of random eBay items, I find it rather annoying that a SNES with no cables goes for $30. Broken. To get a SNES that actually works, has cables and controllers, it's something like $50+... and even then, no games included, generally.

Still better than buying it new back in the day, I'm sure, but I was expecting a bit cheaper, given the prevalence of emulation.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

G.Silver wrote:
cjmcray wrote:I once had an unopened Amy Rose Sonic Adventure figure (Resaurus line) that I stupidly sold on eBay for $35.
It's now damn near impossible to find and probably worth more than $100
Is it? I've still get the whole set (except skiing Sonic) in still unopened packages, but I've never been able to guess how much they're worth because I never see them online anymore.
That was just a guesstimate. Resaurus figures are impossible to find in their original boxes, not to mention the much rarer Series 2 line, so I imagine it being pretty expensive.

Jennifermew64

Post by Jennifermew64 »

You people have(had) unopened ReSaurus Sonic figures and you're questioning collecting value? :/

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Sonic toys is serious business.

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

Jennifermew64 wrote:You people have(had) unopened ReSaurus Sonic figures and you're questioning collecting value? :/

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

Personally, id love to get my hands on a really, really butt-ugly Sonic rip-off toy much more than i would a valuable collectors item. Rip-offs based on franchises that i like are my passion, and searching for and purchasing the ugliest ones i can find is a hobby that's both fun and usually very, very cheap. My favorite ones so far are a Mario toy with green skin that is riding a car with a sticker on it that says "kids happy moment", and an indescribably repulsive Michaelangelo (the Ninja Turtle) toy that looks more like the aborted love child of said turtle and the elephant man... that has spent some time in a micro wave oven.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

...okay, now you've got me curious. I'd like to see pictures of these two abortions of toy making.

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

Shadow Hog wrote:...okay, now you've got me curious. I'd like to see pictures of these two abortions of toy making.
And id love to show them, but sadly i don't have a digital camera, nor a scanner. Id draw a picture of them in Paint, but i don't really know how to attach pictures from my own computer (as opposed to from the internet) to message board posts.

What, ive just been to busy with more important things over the years to have found the time to acquire the knowledge about computers and other digital thingies that most other people posses these days. You know, important things like collecting rip-offs!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

RocketPunch wrote:
Jennifermew64 wrote:You people have(had) unopened ReSaurus Sonic figures and you're questioning collecting value? :/
She's so cute. <3

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

"Forget savings, bonds and stocks! Build your retirement funds today by hording incomplete action figures in your closet now!"

Honestly, how do you live with yourself, never taking your toys out of their packaging? For shame!

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

This reminds me of the SA2 Shadow plush that reached 1000 dollars...maybe higher.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

You eventually save up a lot of money when you never leave your bedroom well into your 30s.