Scirocco is dead.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Scirocco is dead.

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Blount

Re: Scirocco is dead.

Post by Blount »

I was about to make a topic about this (as well as another person), so I'll just paste what I had:

Two beloved celebrities have passed away today. Their names are Farrah Fawcett, better known as one the protagonists of Charlie's Angels (the 70s series) and Michael Jackson, better known as the King of Pop.
Farrah Fawcett, the multiple Golden Globe and Emmy-nominated American actress best known for her role as the vivacious Jill Munroe in the 1970s television series “Charlie’s Angels,” died in a Santa Monica hospital. She was 62.

Her spokesman, Paul Bloch, confirmed that the iconic actress died Thursday morning at 9:28 a.m. PDT.

Her long-time partner Ryan O'Neal told People magazine Thursday, "She's gone. She now belongs to the ages ... She's now with her mother and sister and her God. I loved her with all my heart. I will miss her so very, very much. She was in and out of consciousness. I talked to her all through the night. I told her how very much I loved her. She's in a better place now."

Other "Charlie's Angels" stars paid tribute to her.

"Farrah had courage, she had strength, and she had faith. And now she has peace as she rests with the real angels," Jaclyn Smith said.

Said Cheryl Ladd: "She was incredibly brave, and God will be welcoming her with open arms."

Her former producer Craig Nevius told FOXNews.com, "She will be remembered as
the modern Mona Lisa and so much more. I will remember her as my friend."

Fawcett was diagnosed with anal cancer in September 2006 and, despite going into remission and enduring extensive chemotherapy and surgery both in the U.S. and Germany, it was revealed earlier this year that the cancer had spread to her liver. She stopped receiving treatment in May.

Fawcett documented the trials and tribulations of her battle with cancer in the NBC documentary "Farrah’s Story."
- Source
[Updated at 2:12 p.m.: Paramedics were called to a home on the 100 block of Carolwood Drive off Sunset Boulevard. Jackson rented the Bel Air home for $100,000 a month. It was described as a French chateau estate built in 2002 with seven bedrooms, 13 bathrooms, 12 fireplaces and a theater.

[Updated at 2:46 p.m.: Jackson is in a coma and family have are arriving at his bedside, a law enforcement source told The Times.

Jackson was rushed to a hospital this afternoon by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics.

Capt. Steve Ruda said paramedics responded to a call at Jackson's home around 12:26 p.m. He was not breathing when they arrived. The parademics performed CPR and took him to UCLA Medical Center, Ruda told The Times.

[Updated at 3:15 p.m.: Pop star Michael Jackson was pronounced dead by doctors this afternoon after arriving at a hospital in a deep coma, city and law enforcement sources told The Times.]
- Source

Sad day this is. R.I.P. Farrah and Michael.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Who's Scirocco? If you're talking about the name that appears on the Sonic 3 credits, that's not MJ, it's one of his musicians. Whether he's dead or not is beyond me.

Farewell, king of pop. You left us with too few embarassing video game adaptations.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

But we're sure that he did compose for Sonic 3, no?

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

We'll never know NOW, will we?

Am I too late for Thriller jokes?

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

I am too young to care about that version of the Charlie angels, but I liked the music that guy did for Batman 1...

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

I honoured Michael Jackson's death by watching these again: http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/mff.html

Neo

Post by Neo »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote:But we're sure that he did compose for Sonic 3, no?
Nope! Could very well have been just everybody ever related to Jackson's music, and not Jackson himself. Which is what I truly believe.

Hulkshmash

Post by Hulkshmash »

P.P.A. wrote:I honoured Michael Jackson's death by watching these again: http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/mff.html
Oh my god thank you. I had been looking all over for that.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

And so the sun sets on the life of a man who defined a genre of music although I'm sure to some people he died after his first plastic surgery operation.

I never paid much attention to the drama but was he ever actually found guilty of any of those child molestation charges?

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

Time to play space channel 5 in his memory. An emergency message from space michael: "Channel 5 is being attacked by robots!"

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

I am sorry for your lots.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

P.P.A. wrote:I honoured Michael Jackson's death by watching these again: http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/mff.html
I honored his death by watching this and other videos like this.

Also who else tried(failed) doing the moonwalk immediately after seeing MJ preforming it?

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

One of my first thoughts after hearing about MJ's death was "man, i sure hope he really was a child molester". You see, if he was, all these years of mockery would have at least have been something he himself brought on him, one could even say something he deserved. But id he WASN'T, that would just mean that we have taken a musical genius, and probably one of the most charitable celebrities to ever walk the earth, and turned him in the the words number one butt monkey for no justifiable reason. Yeah, yeah, there was also his plastic face, elephant man bones and chimpanzees and stuff, but it's not like those oddities ever hurt anyone...

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Oompa Star wrote:I never paid much attention to the drama but was he ever actually found guilty of any of those child molestation charges?
Nope. I didn't pay much attention either, but as I recall it became very obvious that the prosecution had no real evidence.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I remember him not for the events revolved around him in his later years, but for the music he wrote.

I still think it sucks either way that he died.

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

What's sad is that the 'King of Pop' has about a 40/60 split between brilliant solo albums and crap (and calling Dangerous brilliant is a bit of a stretch, but he just died, and it's probably the best New Jack Swing album ever recorded by a band comprised of former members of New Edition, so I'll give it to him.)

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Shit, I didn't even know Farrah Fawcett was dead! That's lame as all hell, she was beautiful.

Yeah, MJ. Heard about it on the radio, got a bunch of texts... most of them innapropriate. This is like, minutes after it happened. I swear, people must have these jokes on standby in some giant, inappropriate celebrity death joke warehouse or something.

We went for a cruise at 5am, rolled down the windows and played Billie Jean as loud as we dared. I'll be listening to Thriller on repeat for the next few days. God rest you, you crazy fool. Maybe now the paps will find someone else to tear into small pieces in the headlines.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

And I can totally moonwalk, but I need a good surface.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

I envy people who can moonwalk convincingly.

When I first heard that Michael Jackson had died, I immediately thought "Well, here's the Elvis of our generation". I'd be willing to bet a pretty penny that people will spot "living" Michael Jacksons for years to come.

In all seriousness, R.I.P. Michael Jackson. I was listening to Thriller and Beat It this morning, and I really regret not having followed his works more as a kid. That man had some great talent.

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

So, i take it everyone else saw the memorial as well. Personally, i was able to keep my cool right up until Michaels little daughter took over the mike...

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Dr. Watson wrote:So, i take it everyone else saw the memorial as well. Personally, i was able to keep my cool right up until Michaels little daughter took over the mike...
Gay. ^

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

Kogen wrote:
Dr. Watson wrote:So, i take it everyone else saw the memorial as well. Personally, i was able to keep my cool right up until Michaels little daughter took over the mike...
Gay. ^
Oh but come on, i still sat through all of his brothers songs and speeches completely dry eyed. I think it's fair to say that at least proves im not completely gay. Cant we meet half way and say im just a bit bi?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I don't get this thread title.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Dr. Watson wrote:
Kogen wrote:
Gay. ^
Oh but come on, i still sat through all of his brothers songs and speeches completely dry eyed. I think it's fair to say that at least proves im not completely gay. Cant we meet half way and say im just a bit bi?
Enjoys tasting penis. ^