Iran at the edge of civil war.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Re: Iran at the edge of civil war.

Post by P.P.A. »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmi-LePl894

The desperate scream of that man at the end made me cry for real.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

P.P.A. wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmi-LePl894

The desperate scream of that man at the end made me cry for real.
Then stop promoting lies to get people to attack eachother?

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Kogen wrote:Just in case anyone is wondering, the election was not actually rigged. This is just the US and other Liberals trying to cause an issue with Iran for obvious reasons.

The BBC recently cropped images of government supporters and told everyone they were rioting against the government, proving it is all made up. This is specifically why they banned them.
Proof please.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Crowbar wrote:
Kogen wrote:Just in case anyone is wondering, the election was not actually rigged. This is just the US and other Liberals trying to cause an issue with Iran for obvious reasons.

The BBC recently cropped images of government supporters and told everyone they were rioting against the government, proving it is all made up. This is specifically why they banned them.
Proof please.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

They are two different photographs.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Same place, same people. Just taken at a differnet moment.

The point is the BBC is purposely pretending these people are protesting the government to encourage people to continue riots. They know these are not protestors.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Are you fucking serious? I hope you're trolling because otherwise you're an ignorant cunt shitting motherfucker.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Regardless of if that was a screw up or something intentionally meant to mislead, where is your indicator that the election wasn't rigged? The BBC has since corrected their caption. The fact that you're citing two different images from BBC themselves suggests that it was just a screw up--if it were intentional, it was not well thought out!

edit: Here's one, though it doesn't justify violence towards peaceful protestors, or any of the shadier aspects (newspapers forced to run specific headlines, etc).

http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/inde ... =node/8041

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Delphine wrote:Are you fucking serious? I hope you're trolling because otherwise you're an ignorant cunt shitting motherfucker.
Woman, et cetera.

And why do people assume the election was rigged? Just because you do not like someone, it means they could not have been elected?

Also just watch some of the BBC reports on it. I saw one today, they switched it to black and white, then they played some sad piano music. Entirely bias.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

And why do people assume the election was rigged?
The results of the hand-ballot election were announced before the polls closed, and the incumbent won in his opponent's hometown, despite opinion polls to the contrary.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

K2J wrote:
And why do people assume the election was rigged?
The results of the hand-ballot election were announced before the polls closed, and the incumbent won in his opponent's hometown, despite opinion polls to the contrary.
I think it was the same in areas populated with people of Mousavi's ethnic group or other ones sympathising with him, who were years ago governed by Ahmadinejad before he became a president (and they certainly didn't like it).

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

So I occasionally read the papers. According to that Ahmadinejad prick, my rainy little island is Iran's "biggest enemy" for some reason. Does he realise that we really, really don't give a shit about Iran? We're all too busy trying to get our damn money back from our own unscrupulous government to worry about Supreme Commander Arsehole over there.

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

You know what I like? Basketball. And KISS.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

j-man wrote:So I occasionally read the papers. According to that Ahmadinejad prick, my rainy little island is Iran's "biggest enemy" for some reason. Does he realise that we really, really don't give a shit about Iran? We're all too busy trying to get our damn money back from our own unscrupulous government to worry about Supreme Commander Arsehole over there.
Tell that to the legions of British soldiers fighting wars for Israel there.

While I would certainly not say the UK is the biggest threat to Iran, you have to realise this is the country that founded Israel and it has left the biggest issue there for Iran. But looking at it in a modern sense instead of a 'fantastical' one, I would say America is Iran's problem. They are the ones funding Israel and causing the wars, not the UK. Britain is just dragged there by a weak government that is not likely to exist in the near future.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Kogen wrote:And why do people assume the election was rigged?
Well, the Guardian Council has admitted there were more "votes" than eligible voters, so I'm pretty sure something's not quite right.

Are people really getting their news on this from the BBC or CNN? If you actually want to know what's going on, go to the Huffington Post. Yes, as sad as it is, a news aggregate + liberal op/ed section is covering this better than mainstream media.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Delphine wrote:
Kogen wrote:And why do people assume the election was rigged?
Well, the Guardian Council has admitted there were more "votes" than eligible voters, so I'm pretty sure something's not quite right.

Are people really getting their news on this from the BBC or CNN? If you actually want to know what's going on, go to the Huffington Post. Yes, as sad as it is, a news aggregate + liberal op/ed section is covering this better than mainstream media.
Also, there's the fact that the opposing party and their supporters all had their votes registered as being for the old president, which might have clued some people in. It'd be like finding out that Al Gore and his colleges "voted" for dubya in 2000.