PSP are GO!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Arcade

Re: PSP are GO!

Post by Arcade »

Kogen wrote:You are missing the point. Sony has huge issues with software pirating, so they are doing this to avoid it.
Software pirating was one of the few reasons, the Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 sales where high...

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Because developers love putting games on a console that makes them no money like the PSP. Perfect logic.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

The only reason they are doing this console, is because of pressure, if Sony really did care about piracy, would they have made at least 3 different versions of the PSP that used SD cards? Really, Sony business is really in selling the consoles, or at least was...

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Well it is a bad plan. PS3 sells on a loss.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Kogen wrote:Well it is a bad plan. PS3 sells on a loss.
Apparently not this thing!
Michael Pachter wrote:"The $169 PSP-3000 is a profitable device. They make money, so it costs less than that. The disc assembly for a UMD costs more than 16 gigs of flash does. So this new device doesn't cost them as much to make as the PSP-3000 and they jack the price up $80... They're ripping off the consumer… They're making a lot more money on the PSP Go than they’re making on the PSP-3000."

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

The plan worked for the playstacion, the psone and the playstacion 2. It also seems to be working for the PSP units. Sony knew they would lose money with the playstacion 3 for at least 2 years after its release, but I bet they didnt think the Xbox 360 was going to be popular (After all the Xbox was crap).... thus losing their share of videogames that need MORE POWER!

I guess they forgot that both the playstacion and the playstacion 2 had popular games that couldnt be get anywhere else, but the playstacion 3 still doesnt have that. At least not in a game that isnt a sequel or similar to another game you can get in others consoies..

But still, the playstacion 3 is selling well as a Blue-ray player, and its sales will increase as the Blue-ray format becomes more popular.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Arcade wrote:I guess they forgot that both the playstacion and the playstacion 2 had popular games that couldnt be get anywhere else, but the playstacion 3 still doesnt have that. At least not in a game that isnt a sequel or similar to another game you can get in others consoies..

Oh, you're right.

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

MAG is not out yet, and I have low hopes for it.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I recognize LBP, but what are those other two strange nonsense images you've posted?

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Baba O'Riley wrote:MAG is not out yet, and I have low hopes for it.
It's still pretty popular. I feel like there's too much that could possibly go wrong with it and don't plan on getting it.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

FF7

Kingdom of Hearts

Those two where popular games, the pics you posted, no idea whats that about...

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Arcade wrote:no idea

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

So, that's the point, if you ask me to say a game that makes you buy the console, I cant really think of that type of game for the playstacion 3. I mean MotorStorm? I have tons of racing games...

The PSP best selling game is a "Grand Theft Auto" game, no wonder so far I haven't almost used my PSP, and I have only two games for it, one came with the console, and the second was bought because I still had the "Viewtifull Joe mania". I may sell it if I had lost hope, but i still think I can find a game I really like for that console.

The GBA had Golden sun, and what else? Hmm... Sword of mana? Those two zelda games?

I wanted a Nintendo 64 just to play Mario Kart, now that I have it, cause I collect videogame consoles, is still my favorite game for the Nintendo 64.

The Wii has a few cool games, Super Mario Galaxy... umm... oh Yeah Okami...better than the play2 version, skip Mario kart, I rented it and it sucks.

Xbox360? Well is Microsoft, so just no. But you may try Viva Piñata or something, I heard is fun...

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

I'd be pissed if I had one of these now. I can't imagine how many have been returned.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I actually tried to find one of these the weekend after, but it was already too late. Should've bought one when the price originally dropped according to my initial impulse, but there was probably something else stupid I wasted my money on at the time like food or heat.

I wish I'd have chosen a cheap hobby.