Mushroom Men, Deadly Creatures, Dokapon Kingdom?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Mushroom Men, Deadly Creatures, Dokapon Kingdom?

Post by Zeta »

I'm thinking of buying these. I'm especially torn over Mushroom Men or Deadly Creatures - they're both kind of similar, but I'd prefer to get the better one first. Anyone have any experience with them?

Dokapon Kingdom - My boyfriend and I just got into board games and Dungeons and Dragons and I've heard good things about it. Does it live up to the hype?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Re: Mushroom Men, Deadly Creatures, Dokapon Kingdom?

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Deadly Creatures struck me as a really cool idea, but it kind of looks like ass. I'm also pretty curious to hear some thoughts on that one.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

I heard Mushroom Men was kinda mediocre and Dokapon Kingdom is an insanely fun multiplayer game, but the only one I've played myself is Deadly Creatures, which is surprisingly pretty good, but not quite amazing. The core battle system is like God of War with arachnids, but the atmosphere and presentation of the game is really neat. It does a great job of showing the world from the perspective of a bug, and the graphics, while nowhere near as good as say, a 360 game, are pretty impressive.
Also, I've met the guys from Rainbow and they're pretty neat and you should give them money.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Dokapon Kingdom is excellent if you like the idea of a Mario Party fused with a light RPG and decidedly focused more on skill than shitty chance (though there is some shitty chance and it is hilarious) Best for a party of 3-4, but two will do.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

You should get this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzwr9kRLH0

Back on topic, I haven't played any of those games, but I thought Deadly Creatures was the most interesting looking.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

On your guys advice, I got Deadly Creatures, and so far I think it's a piece of shit because nothing I do will let the motion controls actually recognize what I'm doing which makes the first boss (which requires quicktime dodging with the motion controls which don't work) impossible.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So apparently this is a major issue with the game and it is randomly incompatible with random Wii Remotes. Great programming there, guys.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I recommend not getting this game unless you can rent it to make sure your Wii remote is randomly compatible. Luckily, one of mine was, the other wasn't. But this is some pretty basic bug checking shit that the dev team should be ashamed of.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Seriously? Hadn't heard of that. Sorry for inadvertently recommending you faulty software, dude. :(

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I'm a technical ignoramus. How does a game only work with some controllers? Aren't all controllers identical?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I suspect Nintendo made some minor changes to the Wiimote hardware over the years that didn't affect most games but affected this one somehow. It's still a fun game, but that was a biiiig bug - no pun intended.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:You should get this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hzwr9kRLH0
Game of the Year right there.
Zeta wrote:I recommend not getting this game unless you can rent it to make sure your Wii remote is randomly compatible. Luckily, one of mine was, the other wasn't. But this is some pretty basic bug checking shit that the dev team should be ashamed of.
Are you sure that the Wii-mote that didn't work with Deadly Creatures wasn't broken?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Are you sure that the Wii-mote that didn't work with Deadly Creatures wasn't broken?
Indeedily do, because I checked it out with several other games including Samba de Amigo and Mario Galaxy and it worked perfectly fine on pointing and detecting shakes.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

My boyfriend and I are trying to play Donkapon Kingdom. We're doing 2 humans vs 2 CPU. We tried them on Normal, but had to go to Easy, but it still seemed like the CPU was getting perfect roles, leveling up faster, and getting better stuff all around and blatantly cheating. Were we doing something wrong? We didn't even get halfway through the first board and the CPU got to level 7 or 8 while we were still at level 2 and being repeatedly ganked.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Last night I was playing Dokopon Kingdom and Leane gave me Blue Cheese and I totally read it as "BUTT CHEESE".