Get Excitebots, Goddamnit!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Get Excitebots, Goddamnit!

Post by Zeta »

This is one of the best games I've played on Wii yet. Pretty much everything about the game is distilled fun. Honestly? It makes Mario Kart Wii look like utter crap. You must . . . get this. Can't stop playing. Must get enough stars to paint things green and pink!

It is INSANE. And there's tons of stuff in it.

First of all, it's like you're playing a Transformers Racing game. Only good. The courses are some of the best graphics I've seen on the Wii. The tricks are amazing, and the game has some much depth. One minute you're throwing darts then doing spins in the air then sliding down a pole then playing a tambourine all while going at breakneck speeds. The bot designs are screaming with personality, and collecting stars is very addictive. Stars are the currency of the game earned by doing tricks you use stars to:

* Bet against other players online.
* Buy alternate costumes (every bot has 10 different colors plus a special outfit like formalwear, punk rock, or aviator).
* Buy new bots (12 so far, but I've heard reports that there are more).
* Buy trophies of things ala Smash Bros Brawl.

Also, no RUBBERBAND AI like Mario Kart. So it actually feels FAIR while you're playing the game. You won't get hit by blue shell, thunderbolt, etc. And even if you're in the lead of the race, you still need to rack up trick points to make sure you win so it never gets boring.

I <3 this game and hope the franchise finally settles in this style from now on. It redeemed the Wii in my eyes.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Re: Get Excitebots, Goddamnit!

Post by K2J »

How does it compare to the earlier Excite Truck?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I have never played Excite Truck, but I'm told by those who have that it beats the pants off it.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I haven't had this much fun in a racer since Crash Team Racing. It gets physically tiring, though, and I still can't pull off an 'air spin.'

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

1 Airspin is OK once you get the hang of it. Multiples are difficult if you don't lean the right way in real life.

This reminds me of NiGHTS except as a racing game, with the emphasis on scoring and tricks.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

I still stick with Mario Kart 64, any other racing games I tried werent so much fun... plus... I have a real N64 with the game... but I have to admit the DS version was okey...

I will rent this game anyway... I have to do something until Sam &Max season 2 gets on the Wii...

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Got it. I owned the original Excitebike on the NES, Excitebike 64, and Excite Truck. This game is easily one of the most insanc arcade racing games I've ever played. it is so damn fun and random. Racing animals/insects robots? Heh.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I dunno, man. Is there more variation to the characters than those grasshopper-looking things? Insect robots might be cool if I was, y'know, twelve.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I dunno, man. Is there more variation to the characters than those grasshopper-looking things? Insect robots might be cool if I was, y'know, twelve.
If you want the full list of robots:
Frog, Turtle, Bat, Gecko, Lobster, Crab, Mouse, Truck, Grasshopper, Mantis, Spider, Ladybug, Beetle, Centipede, Cockroach, Scorpion, Spider, Squid, Hummingbird, Hornet, and Ant

And each has a special unlockable costume that makes them look like something else:

magician, cowboy, dracula, chef, boxer, ballerina, cow, chicken, cupid, samurai, dragon, king, wizard, punk, aviator, pirate, scuba diver and more

Trust me, it's awesome. Unleash your inner 12-year old.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

But my inner 12 year old committed suicide.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

One word: Necromancy.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

This game's kicking my ass. My inner twelve-year-old sucks at games.

I can never reach the rings, and the poker race makes my head numb.

Still fun, though. Also love how there is almost no loading screens to speak of.

j-man

Post by j-man »

Just as I started to like it, turns out the UK release remains... unreleased. I am greatly saddened.

j-man

Post by j-man »

Okay, so apparently it's not going to come out here at all. Ever. What the fuck?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

What the fuck indeed?! If only you damn Europeans would switch to one language.

j-man

Post by j-man »

All the cool people speak English. And how much fucking translation does a kart racer need anyways?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Apparently enough to make it and every other game unprofitable for release in Europe. Either the Germans and the French get to play it as well or NOBODY does! Damn French and Germans and Welsh and Portuguese! You adopted the Euro! Adopt English, too!

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

The british still use pounds, so no deal.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Even if it was ported as-is, it's still missing that all-important 'u' in 'colour'.

Blount

Post by Blount »

Zeta wrote:Apparently enough to make it and every other game unprofitable for release in Europe. Either the Germans and the French get to play it as well or NOBODY does! Damn French and Germans and Welsh and Portuguese! You adopted the Euro! Adopt English, too!
Games are never translated into Portuguese either way. Thus, there is only one logical course of action - the UK and Portugal get the game while the rest of Europe gets screwed over. IT'S ONLY FAIR AND YOU ALL KNOW IT.

In all seriousness though, damn you Nintendo. Damn you and your regional lockout!

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Wir sollen Englisch annehmen? Nichts da, unsere überlegene und viel gewandtere Sprache ist schon genug von Anglizismen durchsetzt.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

There really shouldn't be any reason why Nintendo can't localize Excitebots for every wealthy European country. Especially if there is both English and Spanish text on most American game inserts and instruction manuals.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

No need to panic, I think M & M Kart Racing has been released in Europe on Wii.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82ZgQJDkQ5c