More Griffiney Goodness

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Dash

More Griffiney Goodness

Post by Dash »

I know there's a lot of Family Guy fans around here(myself included), So I figured I'd post this..

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/sto ... 09e11773b2

W00ts all around. I had a feeling this would happen with all of Family Guy's success on Adult Swim. Hopefully the new eps will live up to the quality of the old ones.

But a movie? That was unexpected. Will they really be able to keep it fresh and interesting for 60-90 minutes? Ah well, I look forward to it anyway.

Oh yeah, and I'm back if that means anything to anyone.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

I wish they'd give Futurama a movie....

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Pepperidge wrote:I wish they'd give Futurama a movie....
Yeah, me too. It's a shame how under-appreciated Futurama was. An alchoholic robot from the future deserves better. Zoidberg was the best character, however.

And as far as the Family Guy Movie goes... in the words of Quagmire, "All Right!"

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I wish they'd give Futurama a movie....
I would give great amounts of money for a Futurama movie, among other things.

Sadly, the chances of the latter are about as likely as me having the former.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Too bad Futurama got popular <i>after</i> it was cancelled on FOX. It would've gotten popularity if they would've just given it a better time spot.

Grant

Post by Grant »

But a movie? That was unexpected. Will they really be able to keep it fresh and interesting for 60-90 minutes? Ah well, I look forward to it anyway.
I'm interested to see how they'll pull it off, since Family Guy rarely relies on plot. It's just a series of little comedic episodes loosely strung together. That said, I'm a big Family Guy fan and I'm looking forward to it.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah, I rarely watched Futurama while it was on Fox, but now I watch it pretty much every night on Adult Swim. Well not anymore cause I gotta be at work at 7, but before that I did.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I love Futurama. And I just snagged the first DVD collection for 19 bucks Canadian at Walmart! Woo!

So why DID they bring back Family Guy but not Futurama? Is it because Family Guy's DVD sales and Adult Swim ratings are much higher than those of Futurama, or is it because Futurama costs way more to make?

Jaden

Post by Jaden »

Wow, this old news... This has been announced since last November... Anyway the plot from what I heard is going to be about how Stewie dicovers hes gay... So I think it's just going to be a "journey" episode where they just go from place to place so that will allow the jokes to happen... Like those "Road To" episodes...

J.C.14
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by J.C.14 »

Yeah, it's seriously old, and I remember every site said "It's when Stewie, the baby, comes out of the closet" things, I found out in December

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Esrever wrote:I love Futurama. And I just snagged the first DVD collection for 19 bucks Canadian at Walmart! Woo!

So why DID they bring back Family Guy but not Futurama? Is it because Family Guy's DVD sales and Adult Swim ratings are much higher than those of Futurama, or is it because Futurama costs way more to make?
I think it's because the response to Family Guy's post-cancellation life has been extraordinary, whereas Futurama's has only been above average.

It's really too bad that there are no plans to continue Futurama, though, because unlike Family Guy, it really is a show that needs some closure.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Why do you think it needs closure? I rather liked the way they ended it.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Why do you think it needs closure? I rather liked the way they ended it.
I agree. There was talk that if Futurama was to be continued in any way whatsoever, it would be in the form of a movie due to the cost of producing such a visually stunning series. This was a while ago, so it probably isn't going to happen.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

I wasn't too happy with the ending. Yes, it was a nice one and all, but it just didn't have any...well, "oomph." I wanted to see more development on the other characters besides the ending epsiode of Leelo and Fry.
~Neo

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

I honestly liked Futurama more than the recent seasons of The Simpsons. If Futurama had been more successful, I wouldn't have been surprised if Groening made a push to finally end The Simpson's and replace it with Futurama, before the Simpsons really started to deteriorate.

Anyhow, the new episodes of Family Guy are supposed to be airing January 2005; so does American Dad, Seth's other project. I don't know if Fox is getting both of them or just American Dad, though.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Pepperidge wrote:
Esrever wrote:I love Futurama. And I just snagged the first DVD collection for 19 bucks Canadian at Walmart! Woo!

I think it's because the response to Family Guy's post-cancellation life has been extraordinary, whereas Futurama's has only been above average.
Or maybe it could be the fact that Fox secretly hated Futurama.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

I don't think they hated it so much as they were pissed off that Matt wouldn't allow them as much control over the show as they wanted.

And NT, unlike Family Guy, Futurama actually has character development and a consequential and carefully conceived backstory. I think it's pretty clear that there were a lot of places the creators intended to take the series but never got the chance to.

Not that I'm complaining about Family Guy; it could probably go on for years and not stop being hysterical.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Exactly what kind of control did they want?

I mean, I always thought FOX was okay with letting Matt do his thing (for the most part anyway).

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

American Dad looks absolutely hilarious. There is a 6 minute Pilot on the official website:

http://www.american-dad.com/

Just copy http://pilot.american-dad.com/ into Getright and It'll download.

Father with a huge chin? Left wing liberal daughter? Alien living in the family? A Talking goldfish with a german accent and the hots for the wife? Zing!

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

Anyone been watching Seth MacFarlane host his favorite episodes of Family Guy this week? Pretty funny stuff.

And Fox has a history of cancelling anything... good. They have a few shows I like, but then the rest of it is The Simple Life or some shit like that. Jebus, Matt Groening has brought them so much goddamn money with The Simpsons, and they repay him by putting Futurama on at 7:30 on Sundays.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Looks pretty good, but I kind of wish Seth would attempt to make a departure from the sitcom nuclear family formula and try something.... different.
Last edited by Pepperidge on Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Family Guy is the most hopelessly derivative thing ever anyway. Peter is Homer (but less likeable), the dog is Snoopy, that wife is just Marge and the teenage kids are straight out of every family sitcom ever (including the girl being smart and the boy being dumb and destructive). Stewie is the only original part of the family, and even then he's basically just Rik Mayall (and Rik even did the voice-over for a similarly megalomaniac child in an animated series called 'How to Be a Little Sod'). Don't get me wrong, it's pretty funny stuff, but original Simpsons stuff beats the shit out of it. You guys have no taste for the subtle. Assholes.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Wow, I sure left the door WIDE OPEN for that one, didn't I?

Dache

Post by Dache »

Popcorn wrote:Family Guy is the most hopelessly derivative thing ever anyway. Peter is Homer (but less likeable), the dog is Snoopy, that wife is just Marge and the teenage kids are straight out of every family sitcom ever (including the girl being smart and the boy being dumb and destructive). Stewie is the only original part of the family, and even then he's basically just Rik Mayall (and Rik even did the voice-over for a similarly megalomaniac child in an animated series called 'How to Be a Little Sod'). Don't get me wrong, it's pretty funny stuff, but original Simpsons stuff beats the shit out of it. You guys have no taste for the subtle. Assholes.
what

type02

Post by type02 »

I understand what he means. Somthing like 'I liked the begining because all my big cleaver friends friends liked it beause it was new and fresh and its just been going on too long.'I do know what im on about my couin says crap like this all the time.

ZFamly guy is better then simpsons becasue you can watch it more then 3 timesz without being sick to shit with it.

I may decide to fix sp mistakes when i detox, that also explain the rambleing and just yeah.

I probably wont see the film if its dvd only.