Le secret project

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Re: Le secret project

Post by Segaholic2 »

what

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

It's in your contract. Read the fine print.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Do you mind me asking why you wanted the Japanese NPC text? Just for archival purposes like Frieza, or are you checking the original text for backstory and such?

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

Our Jared's kind of a completionist. If it's a sequence of words he hasn't heard, he needs to know.

And for the record, I'd like to know what Tsui'd do to me if I were to, say, get an exclusive GHZ interview with Dark Lord Naka.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

The Doc wrote:And for the record, I'd like to know what Tsui'd do to me if I were to, say, get an exclusive GHZ interview with Dark Lord Naka.
I DON'T

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

K2J wrote:Do you mind me asking why you wanted the Japanese NPC text? Just for archival purposes like Frieza, or are you checking the original text for backstory and such?
Both. Don't know exactly when I'll get around to scanning through it, though.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Thanks! I might compare next time I go through the game anyway. There seem to be alternate versions of the same thing, and some of these I don't remember.

Anyway, my immediate desire was the lines about the sacred barrier. Reading them again, I'm confused. Is it just another name for Chaos, or an invisible force they broke through before the chao massacre?
We made a lotta money with our power. But whenever we tried to get the Emeralds, some strange force always stopped us. I can't imagine those little creatures have that much power...

Chao? Sacred power? I don't buy it. We're goin' in to get those special stones!
Sacred power? No way. I don't believe it. We're going in to get those stones! Then we can rule the world!

We don't care about the Chao. We need to get past that mysterious barrier to get the Emeralds.

I saw her! The Chief's daughter was headed for the altar! She's just gonna get pushed away by that strange power.

The Chief's daughter always seems to be hanging around the altar. Perhaps she knows how to break through the sacred barrier!
The Chief's daughter always seems to be hanging around the altar. Perhaps she knows how to break through the sacred barrier?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I thought Tikal said something in one of her many redundant cutscenes about how Chaos keeps the Chao safe. She never elaborated.

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

DackAttac wrote:I thought Tikal said something in one of her many redundant cutscenes about how Chaos keeps the Chao safe. She never elaborated.
Here's my thought process. Stop me if you've heard it.

As with us humans, the majority of us believe in a god--as in, an "invisible being" that looks down on us, one that we pray to and believe is behind miracles and things like that.

Perhaps Chaos (nameless to other beings of the world) is a sort of demigod who is believed to protect all living beings (or at least in the general vicinity of the echidna tribe). It's possible that, while the echidnas more-or-less knew that this nameless demigod preferred Chao over them, it still watched over them (the tribe). They also knew, however, that these Chao "protected" the Emerald shrine. There was no rhyme nor reason as to how these tiny elemental creatures could possibly protect over these sacred stones, but as long as Tikal's mother presided over the tribe, that was the unquestionable belief.

Then Pachacamac took over, and we all know how that turned out--he was a greedy fucker, and the Emeralds were big and shiny. There were prophecies about the Emeralds; that alone gives them great power. The problem is, Pachacamac probably wasn't as religious or god-fearing as Tikal's mother was. 'Now why,' Pachacamac probably thought, 'should these pissant little water beings be the ones with these powerful relics, and for a being that probably doesn't even exist? After all, I have a powerful army and I've obliterated nations single-handedly. The truth is, if another country made a move on these stones, the Chao would have no chance, and the Emeralds would be safer with me anyway. Someone's gonna kill the Chao and get to the Emeralds--it may as well be me.'

Pachacamac's one-track mind and history of violence would never allow him to simply compromise with a deity who may or may not have even been real. This eventually devoled from "there probably isn't one" to "there isn't one", which is why he refused to believe Tikal when she said that the ruler of the Chao didn't want him to do this. His mind was made up.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

The Doc wrote:which is why he refused to believe Tikal when she said that the ruler of the Chao didn't want him to do this.
I don't think she says anything like that. She just preaches that war is not a path to peace and they have no right to take their "holy ground".

Looking at it again, I'm almost certain that this barrier isn't just a description of Chaos.
No... No!! Leave the altar alone! Don't touch it! The water... ! The water attacked us! There must be some sort of water spirit by the altar! I'm scared...
This suggests that they'd either tried to take the emeralds once before, apparently with insufficient numbers, or their forward scouts got attacked. It sounds like there's nothing strange or mysterious about how Chaos repels intruders. The barrier is probably something generated by the Master Emerald, either of its own accord or at the command of the chao or Chaos. Its range must be small though, since Tikal can be "hanging around the altar" without necessarily being past it.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

Hey, GG!, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but apparently the GUN Commander's different-colored irises are due to a condition called heterochromia.

I really enjoy this encyclopedia, by the way. Thanks!

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Does that mean if you have both eyes the same colour you're a homo?

...chromia?

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

No, no, no, no, no, no.

At least, I don't think so...

The Doc

Post by The Doc »

No, it's not a sign of sexual preference.

However, I'm pretty sure that you're a homosexual if, on your predominant hand, your index finger is longer than your ring finger.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I'm 90% sure that's bunk, but playing along, does that mean they should be equal in length if you're bisexual?

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

DackAttac wrote:I'm 90% sure that's bunk, but playing along, does that mean they should be equal in length if you're bisexual?
That's what my hand is telling me.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Mine too! OH GOD IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

DackAttac wrote:I'm 90% sure that's bunk, but playing along, does that mean they should be equal in length if you're bisexual?
No. But your fingers can still be a sign you that you're bisexual. You want to know how? If their joints bend both ways. That's right, both ways.

Now you all better enjoy the goddamn joke cause it took me a full eight minutes thinking of the best way to phrase it.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

j-man wrote:Mine too! OH GOD IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME
Before you let Zeta have his way with you?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

j-man wrote:Mine too! OH GOD IT'S JUST A MATTER OF TIME
Is this supposed to surprise anyone?

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

If only because it hasn't come to light sooner, I suppose.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

His avatar doesn't give it away? IS EVERYONE'S GAYDAR BROKEN

Baba O'Riley

Post by Baba O'Riley »

My gaydar is closely related to my sense of style.

My belt doesn't match my shoes,so I can't really tell j-man from, say, Spazz.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ !!!!!

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Your hair looks really greasy or wet, and the eye that's barely visible between your middle finger and the edge of the picture looks really creepy.