Le secret project

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Dr. Watson wrote:"in episode 64 of sonic x he tried to kill cosmo but tails stoped him cause tails loves cosmo or atleast many fans say he does."
That goes against their weasel words policy, should delete it ASAP... oh wait, that's not our main concern here?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Re: Le secret project

Post by G.Silver »

lol, hover stakes. Look out, Dracula!

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Wasn't Metal Sonic's new form in Sonic Heroes referred to as "Neo Metal Sonic" in Sonic Rivals, or something?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Wasn't Metal Sonic's new form in Sonic Heroes referred to as "Neo Metal Sonic" in Sonic Rivals, or something?
Was going to say that anything that came out of the Rivals games ought to be suspect, but I remembered, Iizuka wrote those plots :\

Dr. Watson

Post by Dr. Watson »

The Sonic series sure have had some bizzare "fun facts" casually included over the years. My favorites:

1 Vector is religious
2 Blaze feels uneasy about her small chest size (once and for all, yes, that is an official fact from her character profile in the Sonic the Hedgehog game script)
3 Pre-pubertal Chao can mate and have babies, but only stillborn ones (seriously Sega, what the fuck!?)

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I am praying to Christ that you are shitting me.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Yeah I wondered, where did that stillborn Chao titbit come from?

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

"Stillborn chaos. Religious crocodiles. When a Fandom Grows Up: A Cautionary Tale."

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

what... what is Vector's religion??

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

G.Silver wrote:what... what is Vector's religion??
Inquiring minds want to know!

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

They didn't really say that Vector is religious as such, just that he has a faith in god and that's how he headed to the Newtrogic High Zone for spiritual reasons.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

What the fuck??

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I want screenshot proof of all those claims right now.

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

Dr. Watson wrote: 3 Pre-pubertal Chao can mate and have babies, but only stillborn ones (seriously Sega, what the fuck!?)
Hahaahahaahahahaha oh man, this is amazing.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Dr. Watson wrote:Blaze feels uneasy about her small chest size
Fact.
Dr. Watson wrote:Vector is religious
I guess it might be true, I don't care enough about Chaotix.
Dr. Watson wrote:Pre-pubertal Chao can mate and have babies, but only stillborn ones
What. Seriously, where did this come from.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Crazy Penguin wrote:titbit
TITBIT TITBIT TITBIT

It's what actually happens in the game when you try to mate two immature Chao in the VM. You get a message that says something like, "An egg appeared! The egg is hatching! It is still." It's pretty morbid.

There's something in the Chaotix manual that someone translated as "belief in God". I'm skeptical of that translation, but my Japanese isn't good enough to make any sense out of it. This is the exact wording:

神の存在を信じており、奇跡の島のニュースを聞いてこの島にやってきた。

I have no idea where the Blaze boobies thing is coming from.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Dr. Watson wrote:The Sonic series sure have had some bizzare "fun facts" casually included over the years. My favorites:

1 Vector is religious
2 Blaze feels uneasy about her small chest size (once and for all, yes, that is an official fact from her character profile in the Sonic the Hedgehog game script)
3 Pre-pubertal Chao can mate and have babies, but only stillborn ones (seriously Sega, what the fuck!?)
The latter is false. I spent a LOT of time with Chao a few years ago, but mating two baby Chao is impossible.
EDIT: Can't read. I only played the GC version so I didn't know about all that VMU stuff.

Also flat chests are sexy. So Blaze is "hot" because of two things at the same time!

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Green Gibbon! wrote:There's something in the Chaotix manual that someone translated as "belief in God". I'm skeptical of that translation, but my Japanese isn't good enough to make any sense out of it. This is the exact wording:

神の存在を信じており、奇跡の島のニュースを聞いてこの島にやってきた。
The first bit definitely says something along the lines of 'he believes in the existence of God,' and the second is about him hearing news about a miracle island (maybe the floating island? I don't know much about how the terms overlap) and that after learning about it he turned up there. Gsilv can probably do a better job on the second half, but I can at least say for sure about the God thing (unless おり secretly means "disregard the previous clause as false," which sounds silly but hey it's Japanese we're talking about here).

P.P.A.

Post by P.P.A. »

Also I know where the tit-bit about Blaze is from: http://www.sonic-cult.org/dispart.php?c ... =1&artid=4
If you don't want to download the whole document, I attached an image of the relevant part.
Bad puns galore!
Bad puns galore!
blaze tit bit.PNG (62.49 KiB) Viewed 7288 times
Then again, this document also claims the following in the Mephiles section, which I doubt is canon. Or anything else.
A creature of the mind, the will of Solaris.
In order to join together with Iblis, to "return" to Solaris, his goal is to break Elise's seal and to gather the Chaos Emeralds. At the time of the Soleanna experiment ten years ago, he was warped into the past with Shadow, and was sealed away with him in that capsule. This is why Shadow harbors such deep resentment. He makes up Shadow's dark side, and is fuel for his burning desire as the ultimate life-form.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

"Believing in the existence of God, he heard news of a Miracle Island and so turned up on this island."

At least that's what I got out of it. I know G. Silver will probably come up with a better translation later so I want to see how my interpretation stacks up against his ^_^ One thing that bugs me is おり, which I'm not sure how to add into the sentence, so I'm not sure if it's something you can translate. If it is translatable, I'd interpret it as "Taking this chance to believe in the existence of God, he heard news of a Miracle Island and so turned up on this island."

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

I think it's something like "With faith in God, he heard the news of a Miracle Island and came to this island." Oh Japanese! I'm a little unsure about that "ori" as well but I'm sure it's just some variation of "aru" (to be).

Neo

Post by Neo »

Wasn't the boobie thing in the Sonic Channel profile too? Somebody check those.
P.P.A. wrote:Then again, this document also claims the following in the Mephiles section, which I doubt is canon. Or anything else.
A creature of the mind, the will of Solaris.
In order to join together with Iblis, to "return" to Solaris, his goal is to break Elise's seal and to gather the Chaos Emeralds. At the time of the Soleanna experiment ten years ago, he was warped into the past with Shadow, and was sealed away with him in that capsule. This is why Shadow harbors such deep resentment. He makes up Shadow's dark side, and is fuel for his burning desire as the ultimate life-form.
Now, I only watched the cutscenes, and I only did it once and it was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure this was alluded to in the game's storyline. When Solaris split into Iblis and Mephiles, Mephiles went to Prison Island in the past and entered Shadow's frozen casket, making him all evil and shit when he came out. It certainly explains why Mephiles resembles Shadow. (Which, once again, wasn't it pointed out in one of the cutscenes?)

The storyline for this franchise is absolutely ridiculous.

P.P.A.

Post by P.P.A. »

Uh no, Silver and Shadow travelled into the past to the point where Iblis was split. Then Silver purchased Iblis while Shadow ran after Mephiles. He sealed them in this staff handed to him by the duke and during this sealing process Mephiles basically went I'LL REMEMBER YOU, which is why he took Shadow's form upon being released ten years later. Or he absorbed Shadow's shadow when the seal was broken. It doesn't really make sense either way.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

It's an Expansion Pack Past taken to ludicrous levels is what it is. How many fucking times are they gonna refer back to SA2's plot threads?

Neo

Post by Neo »

You can purchase Iblis? How much? There's a few guys I'd love to see dealing with some flames of disaster.
P.P.A. wrote:Shadow ran after Mephiles. He sealed them in this staff handed to him by the duke
Didn't all this happen on the alternate timeline, though? (: I was referring to the one that "happened" before the events in the game changed history.

Besides, didn't Mephiles look like Shadow back then too? I'm not talking about Grayshadow, I'm talking about the weird shattered crystal spines with no nose or mouth thing. Or the shadow thing you fight against.

Also,
P.P.A. wrote:Uh no,
Dude. I really don't care that much.