Sonic Advance 3 art

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Titan

Sonic Advance 3 art

Post by Titan »

Yeah hey, it's Neo Sonic; some may remember me from the old boards. Gamespot had huge versions of these, so I resized them.

hello.jpg

Post by hello.jpg »

Is it me or does Tails look scarily abnormal there? Must be the ears.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

I think it's the designer's evil plan to fuse Rouge and Tails. Or maybe Tails wants to be a transvestite, and is currently undergoing plastic surgrey on his ears.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Are the original huge ones still up?

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

I could really care less about any new art that gets posted. Normally it's just the art style from SA/Sa in different poses. I guess Sonic Battle was a little different, though.

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

GG!: Yeah, they're still up, and without a logo clogging it up, which is nice.

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/soni ... tml?page=2

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Argent Silver wrote:I could really care less
Couldn't.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

No CP, maybe he really meant that he could care less about it! I mean, I could care less, I think the images are kinda neat.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Yeah, they're still up, and without a logo clogging it up, which is nice.
Awesome, thanks.

I could really care less about any new art that gets posted. Normally it's just the art style from SA/Sa in different poses.
Well yeah, it's lost its appeal and it's pretty apparent that Uekawa has lost interest in it. Having it on my hard drive is a matter of record-keeping.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Well yeah, it's lost its appeal and it's pretty apparent that Uekawa has lost interest in it. Having it on my hard drive is a matter of record-keeping.
It would be great if the characters actually interacted* with each other like in those Sonic the Screensaver pictures instead of being featured in various poses with slight alterations to the character's design. That's probably asking too much, nowadays. =/ Ah well, I'll take Uekawa's illustrations over the current Sonic Heroes CGI models.

I mean damn, this is the ugliest model of Sonic, I've ever seen.

*And I don't mean the cut and paste technique they used for the SA1 Christmas card and SA2:B cover.

Titan

Post by Titan »

I can see what you guys mean. Cream's pose is especially static.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I'm curious to know if the decreasing edginess of his artwork is a personal choice or a mandated one.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Maybe someday those elongated pupils will stop giving me the willies.

Not today, though. Uuuuuhhhh...

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

He's made their shoes smaller and more rounded and their limbs shorter. They look a bit 'cuter'.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Sonic's regressing to his 'cute' Sonic 1 days. Maybe it is to attact a much more younger audience as opposed to a general audience like it was in the past.

I already miss the dyanamic 'rubbery' limbs from the Sonic Adventure games' illustrations. =(

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

No, VCP is right. I couldn't care less.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I imagine that the GBA ones especially are aimed at the kindergarten croud.

The biggest tragedy with Sonic is that he could've been the next Mario and instead they turned him into the next Mega Man.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I am interested in your metaphor. Elaborate!

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Oi. Sonic Advance 2 seems to be a bit frustrating for the kindergarten crowd--especially with that Sky Cannon boss.

I think I understand GG!'s metaphor, but I too want him to elaborate just to be sure.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

They went for the cheaper, easier audience and sacrificed their integrity to do it. Remember how cool Mega Man used to be?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Is Megaman not cool anymore? I stopped following the franchise when it moved to the Playstation. ^_^;;

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Nope, the original Mega Man X (cough, cough, Sonic Adventure) was the end of it. That was the last time he was ever cool. Now there's all this Battle Network and Zero bullshit. I played the original Battle Network and it was cool for 2 or 3 hours, then it got slow and tedious and I couldn't stand to look at it anymore. Now there are something like six or seven of those damn things, I guess because stupid fucking Japanese kids keep playing them. There's even a horrible anime based on it.

Even the X games suck now. They were still hanging on decently until around the fifth one, then the sixth one was piss poor and don't even get me started on the seventh. Now they're up to X8 and it looks like the worst one yet.

Mega Man's even more tragic than Sonic because people at least recognize Sonic's fall from glory. Nobody even remembers how awesome Mega Man used to be back when he ruled the NES.

I mean Jesus, it would not be that hard to revive the Rock. I can picture in my mind a totally kick-ass 3D Mega Man game with all the stuff that was cool about the old ones and it would be amazing. But Capcom doesn't care, they're so busy raping that poor guy his ass is now all big and baggy and looks like goatse.cs and those drooling braindead Barnie graduates took him over between rounds of Pokémon and Yu-gi-oh.

That said, I really enjoyed both Mega Man Legends games. They're not really Mega Man, but they were funner than anything else he's been in for the past fifteen years.

aso

Post by aso »

What's your opinion on the pending Mega Man X game, then? Making the wound worse?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/megaman ... index.html

As far as I know, it's more of X's pent-up angst, combined with turn-based RPG battles and cel-shaded graphics.

The Noid

Post by The Noid »

Damn, Amy looks hot when she's winking.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

What's your opinion on the pending Mega Man X game, then? Making the wound worse?
The RPG? I'm reserving judgment on that for the moment. It looks decent and I actually think a Mega Man RPG is a good idea (particularly in the X universe), but what reason do I have to hope that a Mega Man game will be good again?

Capcom, I love them and I loathe them.