Instant Eisner

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Instant Eisner

Post by Senbei »

IDW Publishing, notable for the popular 30 Days of Night comics but more appropriately for their adaptations of popular franchises like MGS and Star Trek, will be releasing two comics based on this year's U.S. presidential nominees, John McCain and Barack Obama.
The recycled background art just screams quality.

Now the subtlety of Obama's stance facing left and McCain's facing right is obvious enough, but the pal o'mine who brought this to my attention also pointed out that McCain is facing the reading direction, pressing towards the future and progression, while Obama looks to the past, almost even asking the reader to not open the comic at all! Without even opening to page one the candidates' positions are clear! A truly thought-provoking work and I am ecstatic to read the complete product come October.

Source: http://gocomics.typepad.com/laughtracks ... al-ma.html

Yami CJMErl

Re: Instant Eisner

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I'M not.

Bekel

Post by Bekel »

Jhon McCain looks fucking scary as Hell.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

The President race is all a game and a waste of time, something the "puppet masters" don't want you to know. :PB:

Nice artworks though! the face expressions are great! gotta love good art! :PY:

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Haven't you guys been looking for a president since last year? Why do you guys have to take so long?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Because presidential-grade bullshit is like a fine wine, you have to savor it.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

I have to agree. When we get a prime minister we pretty much wrap it up in a year. You guys take to long and stretch out this bullshit.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

The purpose of our president is best defined in the same way Douglas Adams described the purpose of the president of the galaxy.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Haven't you guys been looking for a president since last year? Why do you guys have to take so long?
Because everyone's anticipating having someone other than Bush. McCain is having trouble for being too close to Bush, even among Republicans.

Yeah, it's crap. A charade. The worst part is, this is when things technically start. The last year and a half? Primaries. Intra-party conflict, instead of the parties arguing against each other. Maybe things will actually get interesting now.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

It amuses me further when I realise that Obama (surely) won't actually be president until next year. I realise the US is huge, but it really seems dragged out to me.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It feels dragged out to us, too.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Shouldn't we've had this discussion back in 2007 when campaigns started going, like everyone else? It's not like voting day moved or something.

It's similar to how the big video game companies announce their games a year and a half before they're released - so they can hype them up and get people to take interest in buying into them, not necessarily informing them in what they're getting. It's the whole "Frosted Flakes" marketing deal.

I'm pretty tired of how many people feel strongly towards one side or another, yet so few actually know the candidates' voting histories and positions.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Too bad. I'd love to see a Hillary Clinton comic book. If you ask me, I think McCain actually looks like a villain there, all happy about standing. The fact that I always know who your candidates are always amazes me.

We had a comic book about our president too 7 years ago. It was aimed for kids and told the story of his life: how he was a poor kid, working class hero and then president candidate for 12 years before he could win.

We also have Blanka in Street Fighter 4.