So, FFXIII is coming to the Xbox 360...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

So, FFXIII is coming to the Xbox 360...

Post by Ngangbius »

...and the internet melts down.

I never thought that Square would release a main FF game that is not online based or a spin-off on another console--especially on the 360. And yet, here we are. No wonder this game has been in development for ages.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Re: So, FFXIII is coming to the Xbox 360...

Post by Ritz »

Now all we need is a multiplatform MGS4: Subsistence, and Little Big Planet will be Sony's final ace in the hole.

And that'd still be enough to coax me into buying a PS3. :(

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

News update: Final Fantasy is still gay trash.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I haven't played a main FF title since 10, which I liked the battle system for but the story was bleh. Then it got into this real-time crap that I think Square-Enix should've made a new franchise for. Actually I think this real-time stuff like FFXII and FFXI should've been part of the Mana series. The Mana series is real-time and has chocobos and moogles, right? Or what about that Star Ocean series? I think that's Squeanix.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Did you guys watch the trailer? I can't believe Square is still showing off pre-rendered footage and expecting it to evoke "oooohs" and "ahhhhhhhs" like it's 1997. They need to realize that pre-rendered cinematics are no longer impressive, especially if they're just action scenes and landscape shots.

THEbigLANDMAN

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

I'm sad it is a game I don't care for, I'm sad I will have to buy a PS3 to play Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan!, Valkyria Chronicles and Ryu ga Gotoku 3 (well for those games I'm not really sad)

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Unless Suzuki wants to continue the first two games story, Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! is RGG 3.

I also find this funny, and I almost feel pity for the poor, misguided fanboys who both think this game is all that important, and that the footage showed so far is actually in-game stuff (with the exception of that real time battle scene, which I think will look slightly crappier in the actual game).
I believe FF XIII and the (supposedly still PS3 exclusive) Versus one were delayed for so much time because of the piss-poor performance of the PS3. Squeanix has been dishing out port after port after reremake on portables, including the ace move of Dragon Quest IX on DS, which will sell a bajillion-kajillion-zillion units, just to try and save some money to invest in these two titles (and then some for Star Ocean 4 and The Last Remnant), and looking at the current sales of the PS3, even after the MGS 4 boost, it doesn't look like they'll survive to a system exclusive strategy.

The PS3 could still win me over if it keeps hold of Valkyria Chronicles, and if Konami just goes crazy and announces an exclusive third iteration of Zone of the Enders, but that's quite improbable. And the unknown Team ICO project, too.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Re:

Post by Locit »

Isuka wrote:Unless Suzuki wants to continue the first two games story, Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! is RGG 3.
He does, and it isn't.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

What's Suzuki got to do with Ryu ga Gotoku?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

As in Yu Suzuki? I have no idea. I assumed he was referring to a different Suzuki involved with Ryu ga Gotoku.

Whups!

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

What is Suzuki doing these days? Is he even still at Sega, or did he finally pack his bags, too?

THEbigLANDMAN

Re:

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

Isuka wrote:Unless Suzuki wants to continue the first two games story, Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! is RGG 3.
I suppose you mean Toshihiro Nagoshi (you know, the actual genius today in sega of japan with successful franchises like Monkey Ball and Yakuza, not like the old man...) and even if Ryu ga Gotoku 3 / Yakuza 3 wouldn't have been already announced I would never have called Kenzan! Yakuza 3 since this name was never provided by Sega, now I just laugh at all the websites and forums that named it Yakuza 3 because now they have to correct their database (if they care)

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I got my facts utterly, laughably wrong on this one. LOL.

And as Cuckoo said, the true importance of this lost exclusivity is pretty relative, given that more than half of the last FF entries sales are Japanese, and the game stays a system exclusive over there.
Also, add to the next-gen SE titles the (theoretically still PS3 exclusive) Shirokishi Monogatari.