Nook wants his fucking money, bitches

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Nook wants his fucking money, bitches

Post by Zeta »

http://gaygamer.net/2008/07/rumorama_sh ... l#comments

So apparently Animal Crossing Wii is finally going to be announced soon. This is awesome.

Stuff I want:
* More personality types for the villagers than just the six from the last few games.
* Lots of motion controls for stuff like fishing and butterfly catching.
* A flower/plant section of the museum to open.
* Bring back some of the landmarks from the GameCube game - the Police Station, Fountain, Island, Lighthouse, and Dump. Just for variety's sake. Split the cafe into it's own building too and give you the option to work there
* Connectivity with the DS version so I can port over my Bells and house and expand it further. And the return of the basement.
* Return of Holidays, decent ones.
* Maybe the ability to keep a simple, Nintendog-style pet or maintain your own personal aquarium or terrarium.
* More visitors to the village.
* The ability to have a more detailed garden and decorate the outside of your house.
* A wifi auction house were people can trade items for bells or vice versa.
* More errands and ways to make money.
* Some "event plots" that are little quests that happen randomly. Like fixing up town after an earthquake or a dinosaur visiting the village or some cool stuff like that.
* Easier management over who lives in your town and who is kicked out or moves away. Such as buying the deeds to the other house in the village so you don't get a village full of bitchy cats.
* More stuff to collect, like a jewel and rock collection, stamps, coins, and trading cards.
* An expanded town square with a little market where the characters gather more.
* More dialog for all of the characters.
* An album of all of the items you've collected and all of the characters who have lived in your village and a little paragraph on each that can be accessed at any time.
* Greater variety of plants.
* Areas around the village to explore. A farm, a mountain, a beach, a cave, and a forest.

One Classy Bloke

Re: Nook wants his fucking money, bitches

Post by One Classy Bloke »

If I wanted to be surrounded by furries, I'd go to furcon.

Why is this game popular? I honestly don't know.

Edit: Ah, furries...

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

One Classy Bloke wrote:I like to sniff the toilet paper after I wipe myself.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Animal Crossing sucks.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I will not respond to provocation from mongoloids.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I was a big fan of the GC game, but I skipped the DS version because my tastes have changed a lot in that time. I'm interested to see what they do with the Wii game. Maybe it will be enough to lure me back in.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

This is going to be an awesome game! Working in the café? Hell yes!
Stuff I want:
Damn my inferior reading skills. Still, I am partially looking forward to this, as maybe I won't give up on it as quickly as I did the other games.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I have a felling this entry will carry the red Wi-fi icon.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

FINALLY. A few days ago there were a few Animal Crossing threads on /v/ and I was already tempted to buy ACWW but held back because I felt the Wii version would come soon. I loved AC GC and am really looking forward to this. Here's hope for GC controller support though, but I fear I can expect Wiimote fishing and bug catching net swinging.

Man, I haven't visited my AC GC town in ages; and now I'm too afraid of all the fucking weeds that'll have appeared everywhere.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Seriously, please explain to me how a game where you make a virtual village pretty and become friends with NPCs is fun in anyway.

I brought the GC version on release and plugged a good 20 hours into the game. I stopped when the NPCs started bitching at me for attending my real life more than their crappy virtual world. All I remember doing in the game was collecting bells and various objects for my house and the museum. I really can't recall anything that was actually worthwhile or gave me a sense that I was achieving something.

Harvest Moon is far better than this tripe. At least you get a sense of progression.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

One Classy Bloke wrote:I like to collect sweat from my unwashed crotch and use it to make Spicy Kool-Aid.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Green Gibbon! needs virtual animal friends because nobody talks to him IRL.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I can't help but to look at it as the sum of The Sims' and Brain Age's worst game "mechanics" glued together in one helluva boring, unrewarding turd.
And quite depressing, too.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

You almost hurt my feelings!

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Thank Christ for you guys. I hate Animal Crossing and everynoe else convinced me I was crazy for it. I got the DS version based on everyone I know's high recommendation, but couldn't stomach it. I just didn't enjoy a game that bitched me out for not being around, but made me just sit around doing the video game equivalent of busywork. Not fun busywork, like No More Heroes, which even managed to make lawn mowing mildly entertaining. I figured they were just having a blast with the fake social network and taking it seriously.

I figured I'd give the multiplayer a shot, to find all my friends' towns had vulgar and deprecatory memos posted on the bulletin board. This isn't something I'd have had a problem with doing myself, but if you acknowledge the towngoers as thoughtless cardboard cutouts, then what else is left? It's basically a physical manifestation of MySpace. Sure people are talking to you, but they're programmed by someone who doesn't even care if you exist, and they don't even hide it. And there's really not that much to do past that.

I sold Animal Crossing back. I still have Shadow. Let that speak for itself.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I enjoy Animal Crossing because of the fake social network because I didn't have friends as a child.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

The fact that shit happens in the game even when the Gamecube is powered down is what kept me from trying Animal Crossing out. I just wouldn't have that kind of dedication. Still, I have nothing against the franchise and I even applaud it for being one of the more financially successful attempts at the "Life Simulator" genre of games.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

These people have sexual relations with farm animals. Pay them no heed, Animal Crossing is awesome.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

DackAttac wrote:I sold Animal Crossing back. I still have Shadow. Let that speak for itself.
Nobody wanted to buy Shadow, or maybe you didn't talk to the right people.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

DackAttac wrote:It's basically a physical manifestation of MySpace.
I've thought the same thing for a while. It guess AC is a game for all those people who are either too good to join a social network or don't have friends with internet access. But if they can make AC Wii more open so I can visit random people's towns and add enough new things to do it could still be interesting.

I think I liked the GC AC so much because that was before we had MySpace and Facebook. And I guess I didn't have as many friends back then either...

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:But if they can make AC Wii more open so I can visit random people's towns and add enough new things to do it could still be interesting.
Would you really look forward to having a new cock drawn on your bulletin board each time you log in?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Oh, zing!

Post by Delphine »

DackAttac wrote:Would you really look forward to having a new cock drawn on your bulletin board each time you log in?
We know you would.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

That's not what I asked.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'm glad that they didn't ditch the village in favor of a city, but I'm afraid there still might not be much to this game than sidequests. The main criticism of it always being poor incentive to keep playing because the game was nothing but loot farming and fetch quests. So I'm happy that they took a big step, but it might not be enough for me. Job minigames, more exploration areas than a city, a garden, and a virtual pet might - but I'm not holding my breath considering the dearth of innovation in the franchise thus far.

At least Holidays are back.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

...This won't be enough to bring me back....