My way indeed

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
cjmcray

Re: My way indeed

Post by cjmcray »

j-man wrote:People who go into McDonalds and buy a salad need to be dragged into the street and pelted with dog shit.

I agree. It always irritates me whenever I see commercials for their "premium salads" People don't go to McDonald's for a SALAD. People go there for cheap atery-clogging beef thats been sitting in a sweaty kitchen for 20 minutes and then microwaved before reaching your tray and/or paper bag.

And what is with the new Happy Meals? Whenever I come across a commercial for one, I always see a kid eating apple slices and a bottle of milk with fries. When I was a kid, they were always burger/fries/coke/toy.

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

cjmcray wrote:And what is with the new Happy Meals? Whenever I come across a commercial for one, I always see a kid eating apple slices and a bottle of milk with fries. When I was a kid, they were always burger/fries/coke/toy.
Yeah, and then it got to the point where those same kids reached 16 and couldn't even see their own reproductive organs when they looked down. So basically, McDonald's sold out to the skinny ideal.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

j-man wrote:Also, what on earth is Chick-Fil-A? Aside from being annoying to type, yet deliciously borderline risqué to pronounce.
Fast food joint dedicated to a variety of chicken products. Fried chicken sandwiches (normal and spicy), grilled chicken sandwiches, chicken wraps, chicken salads, chicken nuggets, chicken strips, etc. Their chicken nuggets aren't very good, but the sandwiches are delicious like mad.

Should you ever wind up in Ameriland, you'd do well to check one out. They're really good. Maybe a bit of an acquired taste (especially if you start with the nuggets), but the sandwiches are great, so.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

I work at a AAFES run Burger King*, and we just got the Steakhouse today after a lot of whisperings about it for months- apparently it's an apology for getting rid of the Angus steakburger, as this steakhouse burger also uses Angus beef. And in one day, I think it's safe to say it's been contending with the Bacon BBQ Tendercrisp (which is also a heart attack on a bun, and woefully delicious). I've not tried it yet, so I don't really have any opinion on it.

This might just be the Burger King I work at, but if they get your order wrong, you can call in and complain and get a free meal out of it. But again, that might just be at my Burger King. Regardless, since you mentioned you order at the counter, when you get your order, and before leaving the place, take a quick peek at your burger. If it's not right, bring it back up to the counter. They should (AAFES or not) remake the burger to your specifications with no charge as that's policy regardless of location (thus the whole "Have it Your Way" slogan).

And BK actually has salads too. And people order them more often then one would think. Of course, they then go and fuck up the entire thing by ordering it to be topped with fried chicken and with extra packets of ranch dressing. And occasionally, even more fried chicken. In which case I assume they're not trying to eat healthy and they just really like the goddamn taste of chicken swimming in ranch with some salad floating in there.

*The differences between the AAFES and off base BKs are that AAFES has higher wages and higher standards in health, etc. The contrast is pretty startling when I go off base and see the BK there, which is dank, dark, and tends to give me food that makes me wonder if it's been even cooked properly. And then, ironically, there's another BK around here that's been voted the best fast food restaurants in the city. It really all depends on the BK, it seems.

Oh, a funny fact- AAFES run Burger Kings are considered "Mission Essential", meaning when there's a drill going on and everything else is closed, the BK stays open. Also when there is a goddamn blizzard outside.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Yeah, the last BK I went to left the tomatoes on my sandwich, and when I complained, they just took the tomatoes off and handed me the same sandwich, sans tomatoes. Yeah, like I couldn't have done that myself?

Sadly, tomatoes (and pickles) have a tendency to leave their taste on anything they touch, which is one of the reasons I ask them to take it off before handing it to me...

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

It's because they're runny fucking vegetables. It always irritates me when they do it, since it's not the crisp exterior that bugs me, it's the inner guts that stick to everything. I hate getting my meal back after sending it back and seeing a clump of seeds in a puddle of goo slowly soaking the bread to an uncomfortable slush.

I also get my sandwiches without dressing, sauce, or even mayonnaise. No, especially mayo. I can't stand the stuff. I have no idea why. But that's even worse, because if they try to scrape that off, I can't even pretend to ignore it.

Picky eaters unite!

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

Y'know, I actually kinda like the salads with grilled chicken, but it's not something I'd go to BK specifically for. As far as the sandwich goes, it was good. And filling. I'm kind of interested in the loaded burger, but I'm also kind of hesitant. o.o

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Shadow Hog wrote:Fast food joint dedicated to a variety of chicken products. Fried chicken sandwiches (normal and spicy), grilled chicken sandwiches, chicken wraps, chicken salads, chicken nuggets, chicken strips, etc.
So it's like KFC? You should've said it was like KFC. We have KFC in Englandshire. It's fucking rubbish. Giblets in breadcrumbs with miserable fries and a bucket of coleslaw.

I will try one if I come to the US of Yank, but only if it is better than KFC. And they change the name.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

j-man wrote:So it's like KFC?
The difference is that KFC is more chicken you hold with your hands or would eat with silverware, and Chick-Fil-A is more sandwiches.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

KFC? Silverware? You jest, sir.

But yeah, okay, I'm down with that. I like stuff between bread, so cool.

DBurraki

Post by DBurraki »

Tell them that you're deathly allergic to tomatoes and that by simply plucking them off they've left fatal tomato slush on your burger, and that by doing so they've made themselves liable to be sued. Or something along those lines. Or complain to the manager.

More then likely you'll get your new, fresh burger.

Either way, they're a bunch of lazy ass bastards.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

If I didn't have gastric bypass surgery, this'd be a no-brainer.

As it stands, I can barely eat a Pop Tart.

Being fat sucks even when you become skinny.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I loved being skinny and eating whatever I felt like and not having to worry about gaining a pound...

But I recently have had heart burn problems, so it will probably all start going down hill from here. It's been a good run though.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

You can just stay at home and eat cheap cereal and milk...also, fruit is good.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I finally got my hands on a steakhouse burger today, and sweet shit, that meat patty was the size of an XBOX. (Well, maybe a Ps2 lite.)

I thought it was okay. By the way GG described it, I was kind of expecting an orgasm in my mouth, but it was tasty nonetheless.

I wonder how many calories that monster contained.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Uh.... let's see, according to their website, the regular has 950 calories. 59 grams of fat. 21 saturated fat. And they don't even fucking list the loaded.

But hey! 10% of my daily recommended value of Vitamin C! That's sorta special!

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

They should advertise it as a good source of vitamin C!
Arcade wrote:You can just stay at home and eat cheap cereal and milk...also, fruit is good.
I have been eating a lot of grains and fruit and stuff like that lately. I almost have to have painful food during the week due to the mostly poor selection of "restaurants" (aka fast-food places) at the school I commute to. And packing two meals for one day is too much. Thank goodness for those McDonald's salads. :wink:

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I tried one last night. Like cjmcray said, it was good, but Iwas expecting an orgy in my mouth. BTW, the burger didn't fill me up quickly like it did with you guys. I ate the entire thing and my fries and still had room for more. I should try the loaded steakburger next time.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I tried the loaded Steakhouse Burger. It was good, but it didn't make me full.

I prefer In-N-Out's Double Double. Now THAT"S a burger.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Fact: Chick-Fil-A is the white man's KFC. Actually it's the white man's Church's.

Here is a highly racist graph based on who each restaurant markets to:

black person-----------------------------------------------white person
Church's----Popeye's-------------KFC------------------------Chick-Fil-A

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I don't know of any Chick-Fil-A's in my area, does that make me black?
Cuckooguy wrote:I prefer In-N-Out's Double Double. Now THAT"S a burger.
In-N-Out burgers are quite tasty, but they make me sick for some reason, so I've only ever had 2 of them.