HELP WANTED (URGENT)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Re: HELP WANTED (URGENT)

Post by Ritz »

Radrappy wrote:Animosity may stem from the fact that you've dedicated a website quite seriously to something that needs no explanation what so ever. The series is in such a rut these days that the very idea of you discussing Sonic the Hedgehog theory is mildly off putting and excessive.
Oh

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

yah but this is a forrrrumz
This stuff would never make the front page. But fine. Point taken.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Radrappy wrote:There's a reason the GHZ stopped cataloging(past the name and year released) games after Sonic Heroes.
I thought that was laziness.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Did GG! finish updating all of the old game pages?

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Delphine wrote:I thought that was laziness.
I thought the same, but I eventually realized that I wouldn't like to be a poison taster either.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Did GG! finish updating all of the old game pages?

Tell me you knew that.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I just noticed he put the 2008 museum page online. I didn't know there was a SR:SSS OST on sale already, though I don't browse SEGA Direct's page much.

Ryan the Game Master

Post by Ryan the Game Master »

K2J wrote:Oh, good, you may still be reading this topic. Listen, I have a real pet peeve, and it's thanks to some rather erroneous information that's often cited from Concept: "Mobius". On your plothole page regarding Sonic's homeworld...
In fact, Mobius itself is all but a simple misinterpretation on SOA's part. Let me take you back to the year of 1992, when Sonic 2 was still in the makes and interviews and press releases were filling the media of the blue blur...

(...)

This little misinterpretation stuck with Sega of America, so it was thus morphed into what we know today as Mobius...
1992, you say? So, you're saying that there is no reference of a world called "Mobius" before that time, and that the term arose from a mistranslation?

I strongly disagree!

This is a Sega of America publication. Let me point your attention to the cover...
Fall
Sonic
the
Hedgehog
So what? It's not like it's Archie or anything... why in the world would you think a comic would imply Mobius, especially if it's so true to the games with loops and Robotnik's checker-wrecker ball thing?

Allow me to read you the first line of the comic, found on the first page (second scan).
Welcome to the Planet Mobius!
Ah. So, as you can see, Sega of America knowingly created the name "Mobius", just as they created the name "Robotnik".

Now, I realize this may not be your fault; and I realize the page may be out of date. But please, if you get around to it, could you at least add a footnote saying that the assumption that the entirety of the early Western canon came about due to a stupid translation error is now known to be wrong? Unless you can show that the 1992 interview was conducted in Fall 1991, the name Mobius existed prior to the Naka interview. Oh, speaking of which - the placement and assumption of the word "Mobius" being used to mean "Mobius Strip" in that sentance is totally illogical. Naka is making a comparative statement based on Sonic 1, which had no such obstacles. This isn't a mistranslation; he was probbaly briefed on the name before the interview, or Visions edited it for continuity reasons.

Even though Mobius is all but dead, I don't want it to be remembered as a fluke.
Hmm...interesting. The more information, the better. Thanks for bringing it up. :smile: