HELP WANTED (URGENT)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ryan the Game Master

HELP WANTED (URGENT)

Post by Ryan the Game Master »

My apologies if I've put this in the wrong place, but I'm in need of assistance.

My site, Concept: "Mobius", has been extremely stagnant lately. It's actually due for an extreme update, but several factors are keeping this from happening.

So, I'm asking for help. If you have top notch website expertise (or know someone who does) please contact me on a messenger or e-mail me.

Thank you for your time.

(Feel free to delete this topic if you must.)

cjmcray

Re: HELP WANTED (URGENT)

Post by cjmcray »

Is it true? Are you really a game master?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

A certain amount os baseless pretentiousness is necessary to thrive on this forum, but this is a little ridiculous.

OR

This might help.

Simmerl

Post by Simmerl »

On your site, there's this awesome piece on "Sonic fandom". Let's take a look at it, shall we?
For what we've researched, "SegaSonic" extremists are notorious for both their hatred of the comics and their sheer condemnation for the direction Sonic has been going in lately in the videogame world. So no matter what way you go, these people are pretty hard to please and don't take kindly to others that don't support their own shallow views.
Yes, you do need help. Badly. :3

Ryan the Game Master

Look, I didn't come here to be ridiculed by you guys (especially since I care about your opinions on the fandom as much as you care about mine). I came here for technical help fro my site. My current technicians are too swamped with college work to do much, which is why I'm looking for assistance.

I was hoping to find at least one person who'd be willing help, regardless of personal opinions. I'm starting to get the feeling that no one on here is going to take me seriously, though, so perhaps it was a bad idea to ask around here to begin with. :sad:

If you guys don't want to help me or already can't stand me, fine. Delete this thing. I really don't care.

Sorry for wasting your time.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

"Technicians" :D

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I wasn't aware sonic fandom was any size worth mentioning these days, much less justifying a website dedicated to the practice. But since you seem dedicated, a word of advice: Try to write a little more objectively as to make it less clear precisely of which camp you belong.

Ryan the Game Master

Radrappy wrote:I wasn't aware sonic fandom was any size worth mentioning these days, much less justifying a website dedicated to the practice. But since you seem dedicated, a word of advice: Try to write a little more objectively as to make it less clear precisely of which camp you belong.
For the record, that fandom page (which was written by CM's founder, not me) isn't the main purpose of the site. Simmerl just pointed it out for a cheap laugh. :neutral:

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

An EXTREME update?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I hate it when Sonic extremists vandalise machinery, let animals loose and steal gold rings. They're a menace to society.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Crazy Penguin wrote:I hate it when Sonic extremists vandalise machinery, let animals loose and steal gold rings. They're a menace to society.
Really? They do that? That makes me feel better about the fact that last night I had sex with someone dressed as a female squirrel.

I'm still not sure of the gender of the person wearing the costume.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Oh, good, you may still be reading this topic. Listen, I have a real pet peeve, and it's thanks to some rather erroneous information that's often cited from Concept: "Mobius". On your plothole page regarding Sonic's homeworld...
In fact, Mobius itself is all but a simple misinterpretation on SOA's part. Let me take you back to the year of 1992, when Sonic 2 was still in the makes and interviews and press releases were filling the media of the blue blur...

(...)

This little misinterpretation stuck with Sega of America, so it was thus morphed into what we know today as Mobius...
1992, you say? So, you're saying that there is no reference of a world called "Mobius" before that time, and that the term arose from a mistranslation?

I strongly disagree!

This is a Sega of America publication. Let me point your attention to the cover...
Fall
Sonic
the
Hedgehog
So what? It's not like it's Archie or anything... why in the world would you think a comic would imply Mobius, especially if it's so true to the games with loops and Robotnik's checker-wrecker ball thing?

Allow me to read you the first line of the comic, found on the first page (second scan).
Welcome to the Planet Mobius!
Ah. So, as you can see, Sega of America knowingly created the name "Mobius", just as they created the name "Robotnik".

Now, I realize this may not be your fault; and I realize the page may be out of date. But please, if you get around to it, could you at least add a footnote saying that the assumption that the entirety of the early Western canon came about due to a stupid translation error is now known to be wrong? Unless you can show that the 1992 interview was conducted in Fall 1991, the name Mobius existed prior to the Naka interview. Oh, speaking of which - the placement and assumption of the word "Mobius" being used to mean "Mobius Strip" in that sentance is totally illogical. Naka is making a comparative statement based on Sonic 1, which had no such obstacles. This isn't a mistranslation; he was probbaly briefed on the name before the interview, or Visions edited it for continuity reasons.

Even though Mobius is all but dead, I don't want it to be remembered as a fluke.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

To whoever did the site's design: fucking cool job.

Everyone else: please, try to develop some talent or anything and go get a life kthnx.

EDIT:
However, iit's not quite often that during your proverbial stroll down the world wide web super highway you'll stumble upon a universal Sonic fan that is actually an asshole. That makes sense; they have no reason to be an asshole. If it graces a blue hedgehog on it, they'll like it.
So yeah, NPOV and stuff. I'm gonna go do a Sonic statue composed entirely of boogers, pubic hair and detritus just to hear those people applaud me over da intarwebz.

Ryan the Game Master

Re:

Isuka wrote:To whoever did the site's design: fucking cool job.

Everyone else: please, try to develop some talent or anything and go get a life kthnx.
I'm really hoping that's not sarcasm.
Isuka wrote: EDIT:
However, iit's not quite often that during your proverbial stroll down the world wide web super highway you'll stumble upon a universal Sonic fan that is actually an asshole. That makes sense; they have no reason to be an asshole. If it graces a blue hedgehog on it, they'll like it.
So yeah, NPOV and stuff. I'm gonna go do a Sonic statue composed entirely of boogers, pubic hair and detritus just to hear those people applaud me over da intarwebz.
I'm really hoping that, however, is...

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

No offense but sarcasm? In this place? Good freaking luck...

On a positive note, I was always interested in C:M, and would be glad to help...that is, if I knew anything about website coding. :sad: All I'm normally good for is information/analysis/bad jokes.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Re:

Post by Delphine »

Isuka wrote:To whoever did the site's design: fucking cool job.
Yes! Orange text on an orange background, followed by gray text on a gray background! Brilliance!

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Yeah, and light-blue text on a light-blue background for the other sections (as if anyone would care about the Sonic fandom). But hey, it doesn't make the headings look any less cool. Those animated GIFs are also a nice touch.

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

Who even cares about the text and background colors? C:M has a very different quality than most other sites and keeps it real in the Sonic world, and I think that's all that matters here. Contrasting colors may help clarity, but they do NOT keep it real, especially in the Sonic world.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

It's funny, we gave MiriamTheBat the same treatment when she made the mistake of pushing a request on the GHZ (Though, unlike Ryan, she clearly wasn't a true visionary of Sonic fandom)- gotta love our innate animosity towards communities other than our own.

Ryan the Game Master

RocketPunch wrote:Who even cares about the text and background colors? C:M has a very different quality than most other sites and keeps it real in the Sonic world, and I think that's all that matters here. Contrasting colors may help clarity, but they do NOT keep it real, especially in the Sonic world.
That's the idea. It's the sites intention to offer more than your average Sonic site (a lot more) and I'm glad to hear that the design contributes to that.

FYI, the site is being redesigned as we speak.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Now it's RP's turn at the bat to say if he was being sarcastic or not.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Re:

Post by Delphine »

Isuka wrote:Yeah, and light-blue text on a light-blue background for the other sections (as if anyone would care about the Sonic fandom). But hey, it doesn't make the headings look any less cool. Those animated GIFs are also a nice touch.
Dude, you have to click through a splash page (didn't that crap go out with geocities?) and then scroll down to see any actual content. It's a website, not a painting.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I do have to say that the site's colors are not helping me to read any of these. I'm just trying to help here. As Del said, you can't have orange characters over an orange background, specially when they are 6pt large. I simply look at it and I don't want to read any of it because it gets me tired before I go over one line. Just keep that in mind during the redesign.

That said... um, that page about Sonic Fandom is a bit extremist. And very tendentious. And a huge waste of time.

Now for the gratuitous amount of sarcasm.
Like "SegaSonic" Purists, there are two types of SOA loyalists. But I'll start out with the less-extreme kind. No matter which one you look at, finding them is a bitch since the prejudice against them is on the high, so they tend to stay on the low; congregating mostly in small groups or forums.
Poor victims. Why do they have to suffer so much prejudice?

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

Ryan the Game Master wrote:
RocketPunch wrote:Who even cares about the text and background colors? C:M has a very different quality than most other sites and keeps it real in the Sonic world, and I think that's all that matters here. Contrasting colors may help clarity, but they do NOT keep it real, especially in the Sonic world.
That's the idea. It's the sites intention to offer more than your average Sonic site (a lot more) and I'm glad to hear that the design contributes to that.

FYI, the site is being redesigned as we speak.
Uh, yeah, I apologize for any confusion, because that was completely sarcastic. All I did was copy and paste from one of the opening paragraphs, and then sprinkle on some of that GHZ flava.
Ritz wrote:It's funny, we gave MiriamTheBat the same treatment when she made the mistake of pushing a request on the GHZ (Though, unlike Ryan, she clearly wasn't a true visionary of Sonic fandom)- gotta love our innate animosity towards communities other than our own.
I can't decide if it's general animosity toward the outside community, or just disdain for anyone who's pompous enough to call their site a visionary and use it to speak on behalf of the entire fandom about all the alleged stereotypes we fit into. Either way, I feel sort of bad, since it wasn't even this kid who wrote those pages. Oh well. Welcome to the GHZ, Ryan, Game Master.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Animosity may stem from the fact that you've dedicated a website quite seriously to something that needs no explanation what so ever. The series is in such a rut these days that the very idea of you discussing Sonic the Hedgehog theory is mildly off putting and excessive. The truth is that nobody out side the hardcore fandom really gives a flying fuck about Sonic anymore save for being a topic of ridicule. These groups you've divided the fandom into consist of populations so insignificant and minuscule yet you discuss them heartily as if the franchise were still in its prime. If anyone is looking for information on the series in this day and age, why would they look to anywhere else but wikipedia? Why would they want the extra dose of fan insight and flavor you're offering? Unless Sonic earns back a little dignity and a bigger fanbase, websites dedicated to him are honestly useless. There's a reason the GHZ stopped cataloging(past the name and year released) games after Sonic Heroes.