They'll probably get Black Eyed Peas for the soundtrack

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
cjmcray

They'll probably get Black Eyed Peas for the soundtrack

Post by cjmcray »

Remember that guy Richard Kuta?

The guy who's all "I'm going to make a Sonic Movie! The way Sonic was always meant to be, true to Ben Hurst and Ken Pender's vision of the character! It will be developed by Sakalakadingdong studios."

He emailed SEGA recently on the matter and got this response.
"I regret to inform you that we are already in talks with a third party for a production of the Sonic feature. We often receive an interesting offer for the Sonic movies whether directly or through Sega of America."
So SEGA is attempting to get a Sonic movie made in one way or another.

SatAM the Movie? Sonic X the Movie?

Or maybe they'll pull a Alvin and the Chipmunks and make it a CGI/Live-Action combo with Jason Lee. Lee sells tickets, you know. He's a very charming man.

Full Story Here
http://savesonic.all-up.com/supporting- ... m-t404.htm

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Of course, they'll adapt the full, engaging, epic and deep story of Awesome the Hedgehog.

Also, Sixty. Fucking. Thousand. Posts.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Re: They'll probably get Black Eyed Peas for the soundtrack

Post by Frieza2000 »

I'm surprised. With the financial woes Sega's licenses have caused Sammy I didn't think they'd attempt something like this for years. This third party is probably providing the lion's share of the production values in the hope of getting their claws into a potentially profitable IP. I'm pretty suspicious of it actually happening but if it does it's sure to be low budget, either CGI or cheap anime made with Flash. The story is almost guaranteed to be Sonic X; I get the impression that the American incarnations don't have a big enough following to be equitable and that Sega wants nothing to do with them anymore.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I bet that Sega has beenconsistently "in talks" with various 3rd parties for a Sonic movie since 1991. It's sort of like how for every cockroach you see in your home there are 30 more that you don't.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I like how "saving Sonic" equates to getting Ryan Drummond to voice Sonic in a game where very few vocals are involved/necessary. This totally compels me to register in order to view the full article!

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Uh...uhh, get me caught up, some of you are taking what this Kuta twat says as gospel now why?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Yeah...

This is BS seeing this come from the mouth of one the very most delusional fans from the fanbase.
Last edited by Ngangbius on Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I'll wait until some official material is released (if EVER) before I whip myself into another nerd-frenzy.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Well, he seems pretty upset that "his" movie is on hold. If SEGA didnt say 'we have a studio of our own willing to do it' then he'd probably still be out, going "i'm making a Sonic movie! ITS GONNA BE TOTALLY AWESOME YOU GUYS"

I like how he thinks he alone can bring dignity back to the franchise, and that a movie based off a cancelled cartoon from 1993 can fix the problems the series has today. Oh well, I admire his determination and perserverence.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Maybe he said it in order to get that precious, scarce good that is "attention"? Some people do that kind of things.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Or just didn't feel like trying anymore. If he were going to quit, that'd be a nice, loud, drama-queen-y way of doing it.

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

The saddest part is that if everything in this entire topic were true, the BEP soundtrack would probably be the best part of this movie.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Who the hell is Richard Kuta?

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

^Just another crazy Sonic-obsessed furry.

WW

Post by WW »

Not just any kind of furry, he's a fucking baby fur.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Oh yeah, that reminded me of the time where he posted a topic on the SHQMB asking "why do people need to learn how to use the toilet?" Saying that "wouldn't diapers would be more convenient?", something awful as that. XD

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

About all I remember about him was that he went by sonmanic at Sonic HQ and kept getting himself banned for this that and the other thing, until they finally banned him after he had this giant rant about how awful the 4Kids dub of Sonic X was on its initial premiere - apparently through which he broke some rule or somesuch (although I can't even remember what it was) and he got his ass permabanned. Good riddance - he's come across as quite delusional every time I've heard of him since, so.

I fail to see why people even give this guy any attention. He'll never make the movie. He's been trying to for years now, as I recall. He even assumed that Sega had given him the greenlight at one point, only to assume that they'd be funding him. He has virtually no idea how these things even work...

Of course, I suppose nothing tops the time when he asked Sonic HQ to pay for his college tuition fees, because he'd reward them with a SatAM-based movie when he got out. That's just how crazy that man is.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Oh God, I actually remember sonmaniac. We used to have such japes harrassing him. Well, insofar as we could without being descended upon by the fucking humourless overlords of the HQ. NO BASHING PLX WE ARE A PG-13 BOARD

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

If he was going to lie for attention I would expect him to say something that would focus the interest more toward him than toward Sega, and he sounds too obsessed to quit. If it is a fake, the most likely reason is that he either got a harsh rejection from Sega or some measure of rationality in the back of his head is telling him he's wasting his life, and he's created this illusion to help him cope.

But even if it's not fake, G.silver summed up our chances of ever hearing of it again quite elegantly.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Shadow Hog wrote:I fail to see why people even give this guy any attention.
Isn't Sonic Stadium to blame? Everyone could smell the bullshit, but they were all "Yes! Top story! Some douche wants to make a Sonic movie! You heard it here first!" or something.

I don't know, maybe they weren't the first to give him attention, but they were certainly ready to suck him off, and all they got for their trouble was a faceful of his juice.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Thanks for that lovely mental image, Black Rook.

Is anybody else as curious about this news as I am? I know Kuta isnt the most credible source around, but part of me thinks it could be true.

Look at Transformers. Big-budget film about giant robots destroying shit.

Ever since then, Hollywood has been looking for franchises from the 80s/90s they could turn into movies.

Now take a look at Sonic. Sonic is all about speed, explosions, and giant robots. Sounds like the perfect summer blockbuster.

Sonic's also been about 'tude. I would like to see Hollywood really give him some attitude. Not like SatAM, which had Sonic adding 'mondo' and 'way' into every sentence. 'crude' Sonic up a bit. Not nessecarily start spouting cuss words and the like, ala Shadow, but make his humor a bit more 'blue' (no pun intended) Sonic is a teenager, after all. Make him a bit of a girl-obsessed, narcasistic wiseass, but with a real 'heart' too. They definitely need to do something to his character to make him appealing again. Nobody's going to want to see a movie about a guy constantly winking at the viewer, making terrible puns and flaghing a thumbs up for 90 minutes.

I dont know. I personally would love to see a big-budget action extravaganza, but who am I kidding? This is going to be another Garfield the movie, isn't it?

WW

Post by WW »

You want Sonic to be a girl-obsessed, narcasistic wiseass? Sounds like the Archie comic.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

You are quite gullible, cjmcray.

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

We can be as imaginative as we want, but any Sonic movie we're going to get at this point will probably just be 90 minutes of Sonic X with a moral tacked on to the end. And if it's even remotely successful, we'll probably get a licensed game adaptation.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

WW wrote:You want Sonic to be a girl-obsessed, narcasistic wiseass? Sounds like the Archie comic.
I meant like a Johnny Bravo of sorts with the human ladies he meets in Station Square. i dunno. I didn't mean furry romance or anything.