They'll probably get Black Eyed Peas for the soundtrack

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Do you picture Sonic being slapped by every single female he happens to pass by, while getting his mouth full of Dorito's? Now that's what I call a quality product.

I hope they get Eddie Murphy to voice him, and EA or Activision nabs the license for the games.

Esrever
Drano Master

Re: "Sonic Chronicles" trademarked by Sega

Post by Esrever »

On thing I just noticed (sorry if someone pointed this out earlier)... In all the shots where the background extends between both screens, there's no 'gutter' for the deadspace between them. But I guess that will work fine since, by the look of it, you wouldn't be able to walk your character up to the top half of the screen anyhow... it's all skies and walls and various other non-walkable surfaces...

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Re: They'll probably get Black Eyed Peas for the soundtrack

Post by Opa-Opa »

Es, something very wrong happened when you clicked "Post Reply".

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Actually it was me.

As explained here I was trying to split the Sonic Chronicles thread to make it more accessible. For some reason, Esrever's post ended up here. I tried to put it back in the original topic, but it just kept re-appearing here.

Needless to say, I wont be trying that again.

sonicfreak23345

Post by sonicfreak23345 »

Personally I think that Sonic's character should be modified to his age standards so there could be more fans that would like that, on the other hand some fans may hate the idea, I've been a Sonic fan for 12 years and Ithink that he could be updated to get more fans interested in the games to be, and thats just my opinion.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

sonicfreak23345 wrote:Personally I think that Sonic's character should be modified to his age standards so there could be more fans that would like that
He's cocky, impatient, and gets his kicks by dicking around with a mad scientist. What part of him isn't up to his age standards?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

sonicfreak23345 wrote: I've been a Sonic fan for 12 years and Ithink that he could be updated to get more fans interested in the games to be
We already received that update! It was called Shadow the Hedgehog. Do you want another Shadow the Hedgehog?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

You know, if done right I wouldn't half mind a Sonic movie done in the same vein as the recent TMNT. It would make the most sense for a series that revolves around smashing up huge armies of robots.

I'd still prefer "2D" animation, so long as it isn't as bland as Sonic X often was. I'm really quite fond of Sonic Riders' intro movie purely for the sharper character designs and coloured outlines. Up the fluidity and add more detailed backgrounds and you'd really be onto something.

My ideal Sonic movie would be done Interstella 5555 style, at least 99% free of dialogue, just music and eye candy telling an interesting story.

sonicfreak23345

hey Black rook, you sould look at rest of that sentance where I said "some fans may not like it" and his cocky attitude is what got him popular in the first place, so shove that up your pipe and smoke it!! :razz:

sonicfreak23345

hey Ritz, ya know unlike you theres probably millions of fans that would like to see Sonic grow up, I admit that sonic has lost his shine but ya never know, sonic may be changed. :razz:

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

sonicfreak23345 wrote:hey Black rook, you sould look at rest of that sentance where I said "some fans may not like it" and his cocky attitude is what got him popular in the first place, so shove that up your pipe and smoke it!! :razz:
I'm saying he already HAS the cocky attitude. So, what is there to change? Your suggestion made no sense.

Geez, is Sonic Stadium sending us their rejects or something?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I suddenly miss the ignore buttons. :PB:

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Add people to your foe list if you don't want to read their posts.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

On a similar note, I'm quite fond of the new "Age" field in the profiles that displays for users kind enough to enter their birthday. It helps to put things in perspective.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I don't know if you guys know this but Sonicfreak's occupation is "Sonic."

You might want to show a little more respect.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

sonicfreak23345 wrote:hey Ritz, ya know unlike you theres probably millions of fans that would like to see Sonic grow up, I admit that sonic has lost his shine but ya never know, sonic may be changed. :razz:
I'm just going to interpret this irrelevant aside as being a roundabout way of saying you liked Shadow the Hedgehog. Which means you need to leave, right now. Go on.
Frieza2000 wrote:On a similar note, I'm quite fond of the new "Age" field in the profiles that displays for users kind enough to enter their birthday.
In pointing this out, you've made me realize that signatures appear in profiles. This makes me so hot

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Radrappy wrote:I don't know if you guys know this but Sonicfreak's occupation is "Sonic."

You might want to show a little more respect.
Well yeah, but how many arguments has he won on GameFAQs? Dozens? Scores? Are these victories, in fact, countless?

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

"Sonicfreak" is in this person's screenname. Does that ring a bell to anyone? *cough* The idiot who named her daughter after Yuji Naka.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

sonicfreak23345 wrote:(...) I've been a Sonic fan for 12 years (...)
In his (her?) profile, he (she?) wrote:Age: 14
DOES-NOT-COMPUTE---*explodes*

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Re:

Post by K2J »

Isuka wrote:
sonicfreak23345 wrote:(...) I've been a Sonic fan for 12 years (...)
In his (her?) profile, he (she?) wrote:Age: 14
DOES-NOT-COMPUTE---*explodes*
I've heard that children have become fans of Pokémon at age 2. Of course, I heard this from news articles, and news article on anything vaguely videogamey tend to be crap.

Also, I say we get some kind of respect back to the franchise before we consider a movie. It's hard to be nostaligic about a franchise that's still here and churning out sequels at an alarming rate.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Bingo. Although I'm not even sure quality titles would mean a studio would gun for a movie. Maybe the key would be a lack of titles altogether.

I really, really, really wish I could see Sonic put into the hands of some good writers, actors and directors, mostly out of curiosity. (Not even for a movie, just for a movie's professional touch.) Because as much as we jab the VA's for their horrible delivery and the writers for their horrible lines, part of me wonders what a good script would sound like if it were delivered properly. Because when Tails yells for "Sonic!!!" because "that's a chaos emerald!", I cringe. I cringe because it's unimaginative. I cringe because the delivery's pitiful. But even if it wasn't, would I cringe because the concepts themselves are just so embedded in my childhood as childish elements from a kids franchise?

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Post by Dr. SEGA Monkey »

I'd say give it to Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, and anyone else who writes for the DCAU. It could fit the Sonic style perfectly. (see Justice League for strongest similarity) I honestly think their writing and stories are fantastic. They're very far out and imaginitive, but at the same time, they make a lot of sense. Child-like, but smart and clever too. Something the Sonic series tries to do, but falls just a little short.

Not only that, but the DCAU has a good sense of character. And whenever a story gets too caught up in its own seriousness, they throw in some comic relief. Something the Sonic series oh-so-desperately needs for it's main storylines. It's a way to keep you interested and make the characters more likeable.

Seriously, if you notice, the Sonic series today has become like some kind of comic-bookish, superhero type of thing. If you put it in the hands of writers who deal with this stuff all the time, then we'll have something awesome.

WW

Post by WW »

As much as I hate bumping up an old topic, I just had to share this:
http://sonmanic.deviantart.com/journal/18210391/

Seems ol' babyfur just won't let it die. Has to make a new journal every other month explaining why he does'nt have a Sonic movie in the making yet. The best part about it is, he treats the whole thing as if it's an issue of racism.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

I love that guy. Great to see him still around to make entertaining self-abusive posts.

EDIT: He talks as if he actually has an animation studio behind him. I guess he's wishing to be the project leader and have some other people do it or something. Or maybe he really is holding onto something in the background. I don't know.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

That journal entry is full of lol.

As much as I would like to see a Sonic film, i'm partially relieved there aren't any plans for one right now.
Let's face it, our options were either a 2 hour SatAM fanfic or an abomination the likes of Underdog and Kung fu Panda.