No fucking way

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

No fucking way

Post by Locit »

Seriously, there is no fucking way this is real.

From the source article:
Each player will be able choose a character like Conker or Banjo which will actually be a "suit" (think mascot suits). Players will then be able to scan their face using the Vision camera to skin the face opening of the character suit. Taking the whole face mapping thing a step further, they'll be using character faces as in game assets appearing on scoreboards and reflecting off objects like ice.
Someone needs to go tell them to get the fuck back to work on Banjo Threeie. Between this and Krystal I'm pretty much convinced: Rare is made up of goddamn furries.

DackAttac

Re: No fucking way

Post by DackAttac »

..."The Fast and the Furriest". Good God, dude.

I, for one, don't want my slutty mug plastered on any fictional character's snowboard. They're fictional. I'm reality. I mean, the Mii's in Sonic & Mario were at least stylized. These photos on cartoon characters just unsettle me in the worst way.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Hell yes, I'm going to pull my best fursuit out of the closet to wear just when playing this game. What a special occasion. Yiff yiff.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

So they do this thing at the store called children's storytime where someone from the children's department reads a book to the kids. Sometimes they'll have costumes of characters like Clifford and I'm usually the one who ends up wearing them. I get to dance under the big plywood trees. And, um... I kind of enjoy it. Should I... should I be worried about this?

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Green Gibbon! wrote:So they do this thing at the store called children's storytime where someone from the children's department reads a book to the kids. Sometimes they'll have costumes of characters like Clifford and I'm usually the one who ends up wearing them. I get to dance under the big plywood trees. And, um... I kind of enjoy it. Should I... should I be worried about this?
It is a slippery slope. First, you will enjoy performing while wearing a costume.

Before long, you will enjoy performing while wearing a costume.

There is no cure. I'm so sorry.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

"Enjoy it" like in LOL I'm dancing Clifford!, or more like in Man, I'm so hot in here, who needs human breasts anymore?

Also, just out of curiosity... are the guys who developed the first two Banjo-Kazooie games still in Rareware?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Rare needs to get their asses back to Nintendo. This shit just has them coming off as a second-rate Nintendo developer on a console where nobody wants their games.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I'm curious now, are there any X-Box 360 games that use the Live camera for any similar purpose such as this?
Green Gibbon! wrote:So they do this thing at the store called children's storytime where someone from the children's department reads a book to the kids. Sometimes they'll have costumes of characters like Clifford and I'm usually the one who ends up wearing them. I get to dance under the big plywood trees. And, um... I kind of enjoy it. Should I... should I be worried about this?
So, you work at a library now?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Locit wrote:Someone needs to go tell them to get the fuck back to work on Banjo Threeie.
Rare hasn't made a game worth playing in 7 years. Everyone with talent is clearly gone. You don't want to think about what they'd do with a full Banjo game.

The Iron Giant

Post by The Iron Giant »

I beg to differ Frieza. Viva Pinata was very good. Plus anything that supports cannibalism is great in my book.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

The Iron Giant wrote:I beg to differ Frieza. Viva Pinata was very good. Plus anything that supports cannibalism is great in my book.
Yeah, besides kirby ate enemies since ages ago and nobody conplained...

Wasnt around there a ninja game where you had a dog that killed weak enemies?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

After further consideration, I've decided that this game isn't furry enough. As it is now, all we'll end up with is a mediocre party game with a blatantly creepy gimmick. A few copies will linger in the bargain bin and the whole thing will gradually fade into memory as nothing but a waste of precious resources. But if the game were enough to really draw this reclusive brood out of the woodwork the sales figures would reveal the buying power of the furry fetish, serving as a sort of census of sexual perversity throughout the gaming community. It's a trivial bit of information, surely not worth the costs of game development or the scandalous stain on the eternal souls of all involved, but if they're going to make the game anyway it might as well be a contribution to modern sociology. But the information will only be accurate if they make this the must own game for all furridom. That means more than just including several recolors of Krystal; fully customizable fur suits with a wide selection of species and borderline erotic outfits ("naked" mode unlockable) are a must, as well as making every mini game as sexually suggestive as they can get away with. Only then will they be able to say that their game was not just another generic mascot mini game collection, but a sacrifice in the name of science.

Or they could can the game. That'd be a service to humanity too.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Can they actually use Krystal? I know Rare created the character (to a certain extent), but isn't she...y'know, copyrighted by Nintendo now?

I mean, if Krystal gets into an Xbox Live Arcade game as blatantly pandering to furries as this, then there's NO FUCKING WAY the Wii Virtual Console shouldn't be able to get N64 GoldenEye (or Perfect Dark).

Or maybe I'm just ranting too much and have no clue about what I'm saying. :confused:

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

500 points to the first one who comes up with a name for the "dressing as a clock" fetish. Double points for this fetish's equivalent of "yiff" (other than "tick").
It will make a lot more sense if you open the link.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Brazillian Cara wrote:500 points to the first one who comes up with a name for the "dressing as a clock" fetish.
Erm..."Chronies"? (from "chrono", if you couldn't tell)
Brazillian Cara wrote:Double points for this fetish's equivalent of "yiff" (other than "tick").
"Gear-winding"?

Damn, my creativity needs work...

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

The important thing here is "what can I do with those points?"
Will I be able to get that rare Mrs. Frisby skin with them?

And it'd be both cool and creepy if Frieza's suggestion was to be read by someone with the skills to mod DOAX2's engine so to make the girls wear fursuits. It's sick... but hot.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

So Rare's back in the habit of carbon copying Nintendo again? Good, let me know when they finally make their own mascot fighter.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Brazillian Cara wrote:500 points to the first one who comes up with a name for the "dressing as a clock" fetish.
Clocksuckers.

You can just go ahead and wire that 500 into my Swiss bank account.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Good God. You really are the all-time-everything winner.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Yeah, I'm pretty much a superhero.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

You know, this thread would be a pretty good depository for talking about stupid shit in the gaming industry.

Speaking of which.

The Iron Giant

Post by The Iron Giant »

Yes, because having two great characters in what looks like a good game is so retarded. :roll:

EDIT: Well okay, the fact that their console exclusive is retarded, but after SC2 I guess it was expected.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Locit wrote:You know, this thread would be a pretty good depository for talking about stupid shit in the gaming industry.

Speaking of which.
My, I do believe this newspost earns itself a great big fat

HOLY SHIT

Granted, Link in SCII was awesome, but DAMN. GOD DAMN. Makes me wish Wii actually got this instead of that crappy side-story game.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

The Iron Giant wrote:Yes, because having two great characters in what looks like a good game is so retarded. :roll:
Having two ridiculously out of place characters in an increasingly top-heavy, tacky fighter is, in fact, pretty retarded.

(SC peaked with its first entry, etc.)

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

It's simple math:

Anything + Darth Vader = Awesome