GHZ Mega Collection (+)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

GHZ Mega Collection (+)

Post by Locit »

Yeah, we've got the Pit, but screw it. Some of my favourite threads after skimming the archives:

Popcorn's very first trip. It was quite good.
The barrels, as ever, are problematic.
He never really did anything, did he?
This was a valid line of inquiry. I still think of him as cherry flavoured, though.
I don't think anyone saw it coming, but our reactions were appropriate down to the last (wo)man.
Lo, it was just as the prophets predicted.
Sky Puppy in flight, afternoon delight!
Spoiler tags don't work in the archives... and I misspelled 'colossus.'
Because LAIR totally ROCKED you know.
Basically just for the second post.

Verdict: we (all of us) are hilarious when mods participate. Not so much otherwise. Get in the game, people! Also, Popcorn should try shrooms again. It's not a suggestion. It's a demand.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Mortal Kombat has The Pit, we (and MvC2) have The Abyss.
And I second the motion.

aso

Re: GHZ Mega Collection (+)

Post by aso »

The Sig_Shoppe thread, without a doubt.

Sadly, with the new forum format, the hilarity of each and every single poster having a thrusting Stormtrooper is lost to the ages.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Well...why o one has ever done the Amy Roze "bobbies" comparison, you know, Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure and Heroes?

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

How about the whole "Adventures of Green Gibbon! and his mute butler (supposedly) named Passepartout"? That was pretty funny. I think I still have those images stored somewhere.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Yeah, I liked that part, though I prefer the rest of the on-topic, anime-related stuff. I really enjoyed that one.
Cyborg Kuro-chan is kind of cool too.

On the Shadow the Hedgehog one, I just noticed that I still can't get over that game's WTF factor (and luckily, I haven't played it yet). It's throughly comprehensible that half of that topic was spam, but the other parts (Cosmo's douching process and the 3D games' gimmicky moves' trashing that ensued) were gold.
Also, I still have to see this forum get any more awesome than Popcorn's High Time.

EDIT:
Locit wrote:I don't think anyone saw it coming, but our reactions were appropriate down to the last (wo)man.
... Esrever's a chick?

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

No. If I remember correctly, he has a hot girlfriend that makes cool stuff for him.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Two words. Sonic Pasta. I'm surprised Locit didn't list this one (it was his topic after all). This one really should've been moved to the abyss.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Heh Sonic pasta...reminds me the time I bought anything with the TNMT logo in it...

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

While we're on the subject of GHZ Greatest Hits, I found this on my old computer's hard drive today...
Attachments
ghz5thLogo.jpg
ghz5thLogo.jpg (100.41 KiB) Viewed 7539 times

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Bo wrote:crazy shit
Blasphemer. This is NewGHZ, there is no time or place for such...such...antics.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

FlashTHD wrote:
?

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Ack, look at that old logo, it's hideous. The GHZ sure has come a long way.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Bo wrote:
FlashTHD wrote:
?
It is. But I have Crazy Taxi on the brain right now too so :p

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Oompa Star wrote:Ack, look at that old logo, it's hideous. The GHZ sure has come a long way.
Yeah, really. That black guy with "U R SOCK" would probably have "U R MR GAY" on it if it was made now.

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

I just registered here today, yet I remember almost all of these threads. Might have something to do with the fact that I've been lurking here for almost FOUR YEARS. :shock: :twisted: I was going to post something witty about how I know you all better than you know yourselves, but then I realized that I spent a fifth of my life browsing an Internet forum without making a single post, and now I'm slightly embarrassed. :oops:

But yeah, the pasta thread is highly amusing, and if Oompa Star is still interested, I actually own a case of that Game Gear Sonic gum (no actual chewing gum included, unfortunately--I remember it being exceptionally tasty though).

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Hey, at least you didn't say anything like "hay guyz long time lurker first time poster!! lol". We have a name for those sorts o' people round these parts.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Now I'm curious! We should make a lurker exclusive poll, how long have you been lurking the GHZ without making a single post? How many are there, really?

The Ghost Of Ember

Post by The Ghost Of Ember »

RocketPunch wrote:then I realized that I spent a fifth of my life browsing an Internet forum without making a single post, and now I'm slightly embarrassed. :oops:
Well, I've been lurking around the Sonic Fandom since the early nineties without a few cameo appearances here or there. So take consolation in the fact that there are losers worse than you out there.
G.Silver wrote:Now I'm curious! We should make a lurker exclusive poll, how long have you been lurking the GHZ without making a single post? How many are there, really?
I've been online since 93 or 94 and hanging around the Sonic fandom ever since. Didn't stumble across this place for awhile though. If I recall correctly there was a graphic of Bill Clinton being chased by Amy Rose who was calling him a perv on the front page when I did. So 97-98? I don't think it actually occurred to me to check out the forums (if they even existed) until much later though. Early thousands I guess.

Also: Cosmo isn't nearly as funny now that his site is long gone, which if I recall was some ugly mishmash of red, yellow, and maybe even green. I think it was supposed to be based off the Zone intros from Sonic 2 or something, but it was really just awful and unintentionally hilarious.

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Post by Dr. SEGA Monkey »

The Ghost Of Ember wrote: I've been online since 93 or 94 and hanging around the Sonic fandom ever since. Didn't stumble across this place for awhile though. If I recall correctly there was a graphic of Bill Clinton being chased by Amy Rose who was calling him a perv on the front page when I did. So 97-98? I don't think it actually occurred to me to check out the forums (if they even existed) until much later though. Early thousands I guess.
Actually, you're thinking of SEGASonic.net....if I recall correctly, she says something like "Try to look up my skirt, did you?" or something like that.

The Ghost Of Ember

Post by The Ghost Of Ember »

Dr. SEGA Monkey wrote:
The Ghost Of Ember wrote: I've been online since 93 or 94 and hanging around the Sonic fandom ever since. Didn't stumble across this place for awhile though. If I recall correctly there was a graphic of Bill Clinton being chased by Amy Rose who was calling him a perv on the front page when I did. So 97-98? I don't think it actually occurred to me to check out the forums (if they even existed) until much later though. Early thousands I guess.
Actually, you're thinking of SEGASonic.net....if I recall correctly, she says something like "Try to look up my skirt, did you?" or something like that.
That's probably it. It's all kind of blurred together over the ages. Next thing you know I'll be mixing up Simon Wai and Sonic Cult.

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

j-man wrote:Hey, at least you didn't say anything like "hay guyz long time lurker first time poster!! lol". We have a name for those sorts o' people round these parts.
I sort of figured that, and I think that in itself might have been the reason I kept from posting; I'm sure I would've said something along those lines. XD

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

G.Silver wrote:Now I'm curious! We should make a lurker exclusive poll, how long have you been lurking the GHZ without making a single post? How many are there, really?
I've been viewing the boards (and the site) for perhaps two to three years, though I've been here maybe as far back as five. I never signed up due to concerns of having too many message board accounts and partially because I never really had anything to add, but as I continued lurking, I recognized that you guys weren't all elitist and actually had some pretty open and varied opinions, given the opportunity. The comments were witty, and the site was well-done. Of course, by the time I realized this, registration had been closed prior to the forum move. I signed up as soon as the new one came on.

The Iron Giant

Post by The Iron Giant »

I first discovered the site back in about 2002 or so. Though I didn't bother going to the forums till much, much later. Like 2006.

Oh, and K2J, my reasons for not registering right away are exactly the same as yours!