Update is here!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Re: Update is here!

Post by Segaholic2 »

Oompa Star wrote:Ah, never mind then. I was simply expecting it to be used as a way to tell someone you hate them. How does the friend function work?
I guess you can PM them from your friend list and whatnot. Also, in some themes all posts by your friends will automatically be highlighted. I don't know if that works in this theme or not because none of you are my friends.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Can we still use custom images for message icons? Cuz I kind of like the Item Boxes. If it please the court, I can make some new ones maybe this weekend.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Yes, definitely. Every image is customizable, as is the entire color scheme. PM me when you have time and we'll work it out.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

That's what I meant, the table width is nearly 100% of the browser and thus lines feel really long. But I set my computer monitor at 1280x1024 and I just changed my comp to 1024x768 and noticed it looks better in that resolution because the lines aren't as long.

Oh well, I'll probably get used to it eventually.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Oh wow, I think I just got used to length of the tables just now.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Segaholic2 wrote:The new features are all great, and speaking of, one of the new features is custom profile fields. I'm thinking of adding one for "Currently Playing." Any comments or suggestions?
Slick, but where besides the full blown profile pages would it get displayed? The bottom of posts?

But looking at Cuckoo's current funny avatar, he should keep making those instead :p

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Wasn't there a default theme "prosilver2"? Which, incidentally, looked much like PHPBB2 (complete with profiles on left) but maintained all the neat features of PHPBB3. I know I tested PHPBB3 on another person's forum, and this theme option existed; however, it's sorely missing from my Control Panel.

I'd strongly suggest making edits from THAT theme more than the new one, but that's me.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

FlashTHD wrote:Slick, but where besides the full blown profile pages would it get displayed? The bottom of posts?

But looking at Cuckoo's current funny avatar, he should keep making those instead :p
They'll be displayed in topics as well, in the user info box.
Shadow Hog wrote:Wasn't there a default theme "prosilver2"? Which, incidentally, looked much like PHPBB2 (complete with profiles on left) but maintained all the neat features of PHPBB3. I know I tested PHPBB3 on another person's forum, and this theme option existed; however, it's sorely missing from my Control Panel.

I'd strongly suggest making edits from THAT theme more than the new one, but that's me.
There's no difference aside from appearance, and frankly I don't think subsilver2 looks better than prosilver.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Slick. But I'd love to see the GHZ logo back up there. Only then I'll feel safe again.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
Goddammit I love the new font. Look at that lowcase "l". Sweet!

edit: The Save button sucks.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

What's the red asterisk next to the topic icons mean? I figured out if the whole thing is red, new posts, if it's scrolling, an assload of replies. I thought it'd be that I had posted in it, but I think I've posted in more threads than got the asterisk.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Mmmhh, so he posted that much... interesting.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Um...was there any serious need to kill HTML? It made a mess of the old posts too.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

FlashTHD wrote:Um...was there any serious need to kill HTML? It made a mess of the old posts too.
Yes, and the reason is there is absolutely no HTML support in phpBB3 at all.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

But I'm positive, from playing with this software while it was in beta, that there's something in the Admin control panel in which you can define custom BBCodes... and make them look like HTML, thus fooling the board into reformating the HTML into BBCode for us. Which essentially acts as a whitelist for HTML.

Unfortunately, the board on which I did this toying around is presently down, so I can't confirm how I did this. I'm just pretty confident it's there.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

Who cares? Just use the BBCode. Gheesh.

If you need more formatting options let me know and I'll make BBCodes for them. I didn't even allow much HTML code at all on the old forum, so there isn't much you can't do now with just BBCode.

WB
Drano Master

Post by WB »

WHOA. Everything's all....phpBB-ey now... .____.

I'M NOT USED TO SUCH NICETIES HERE!!!

so yeah nate my man, when're we gonna get rid o' that there skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin?....

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

So what... what does that red asterisk mean?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

That you posted in the thread. Dack hit the nail right on the head.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Well the new orientation is seriously fucking with my head but I guess it's kinda fresh and I assume I'll get used to it. Right now the forum feels extremely alien to me.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

I don't mind the right-hand side user info anymore. It suddenly made sense to me.

My wish list now includes:
1) GHZ theme - I can't the blue/ silver soft rounded scheme, so I hit zap on my Firefox toolbar to kill all styles. I'll help out on CSS theming if you need, NT.
2) Quick Reply
3) Log in from the forum index and stay on the forum index instead of going to a "Now you're logged in!" page.
4) display:none on the reply subject lines, as others have said.

Also, animated avatars drive me nuts. However, I can take care of that locally, so I don't think I'm proposing that as a policy.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

This pastel blue is driving me up the wall, too. I've poked around a bit in the styles menu to see if I could change anything, but it's all over my head. I already made some replacement icons in the old style but it'll look weird until the color scheme gets set back to normal.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

The forum looks awful, just so everyone knows. Whose idea was it to put the usernames on the right? It's fuck-ugly. I'm leaving and never coming back.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Segaholic2 wrote:HTML in posts is disabled and will never be re-enabled, so you'll have to use BBCode only from now on.
Bitch.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Uhmm, may I ask, what's exactly the difference between using HTML tags and BBCode, and if there's any advantage by using the former?
Poop jokes enabled
Excellent, we'll need these.
Popcorn wrote:The forum looks awful, just so everyone knows. Whose idea was it to put the usernames on the right? It's fuck-ugly. I'm leaving and never coming back.
You should ban those phpBB fags, Pop. They deserve it.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Not particularly, it's just:

1) HTML comes out as a force of habit for me. Mostly because < and > are easier to reach than [ and ] are, in my mind.
2) Without it, a ton of old posts (certainly the majority of mine) are borked as hell.

1, I can get over. 2, I guess I'll just have to put up with - although don't think for a second that I'm gonna like it.