Secret Garden of the Colossus

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Secret Garden of the Colossus

Post by Opa-Opa »

Some time ago I made it to the Secret Garden (or Garden of Secrets? I forgot...) on top of the Temple of Dormin in Shadow of the Colossus.

I guess it's worth the trip. I mean, the trip is worth it. I surely felt like Rocky Balboa when he climbs that huge mountain in Rocky IV and yells "DRAAGOOOO!!!!" and then the montage is over. I was listening Survivor in my head: Hearts on fiiiiire. Strong desiiire. Rages deep within..

Just felt like sharing this with you all.

On the matter of gardens, I just noticed the double meaning in Spring Yard Zone. Clever!

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I remember climbing up there in the demo, wondering what its purpose in the full game would be. Kinda strange that it was just used in a cut scene.

I also remember wondering if the final colossus was going to be the shrine-like area you started off in. How cool would that have been, if that had risen out of the ground and started wandering around, trying to stomp you? I guess it wasn't to be. One musn't question the Ico team. Ico team knows best.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Fun fact: eating the fruit in said garden lowers your stats. I know, deep, right?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

: o Just liek in teh bible!

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

It could just as easily allude to an oriental tale of forbidden fruit, especially since the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and bad actually <i>increased</i> Adam and Eve's knowledge though at the cost of God's grace and their lives.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

Just for kicks, I actually walked the Massive-Ass Bridge once. Took, like, ten minutes, and all I got was blown back by a high wind.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Me too. Most fun I ever had pressing forward on the PS2.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I think you are forgetting about Metal Gear Solid 3, the Ladder?!?

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Double-S- wrote:I think you are forgetting about Metal Gear Solid 3, the Ladder?!?
Yeah, but that had music to pass the time.

SNAAAKE EeEEEEAAATER

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

If you look past the cliff face to the East from the area just before the windy tunnel on the long-ass bridge you can see the castle from Ico. I mean, you sort of have to squint, but it's totally there.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

That ladder was lame. It should have been twice as long and feature the full-length song to make it feel <i>properly epic</i>... and also let you fall from it to your doom like in the continue screen of Mortal Kombat 4, instead of just ending the game right away.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I was also disappointed by that. I was really hoping for a ten second fall and a splat at the bottom of the ladder.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Well , until something worthy of a new topic appears.

http://www.scei.co.jp/synthesis/career/wanda.html

The Giants ARE Coming... to PlayStation 3.
And it looks that there'll also be a new Ape Escape title, though everyone saw that one coming.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Re: Secret Garden of the Colossus

Post by Pepperidge »

This upcoming game is basically the reason I spent $500 on a PS3, and I don't even know anything about it yet.

Also worth mentioning is that said PS3 is still sitting in a box in my room, although that's mostly because I want to get the full details on the possible discontinuation of the 80GB model and make sure that I made a worthy investment.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Yeah... I can't believe I'll actually have to know someone who has a PS3 to play this. Because I'm not getting one. My 360 is right off the corner of next week or so.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

You know, it looks like this game won't be released for at least the next two and a half years or so. If there aren't any PS3 games you like and/ or don't consider to just be PS2 games with added high-def, eye candy and half-baked motion sensory nonsense, then what's the big reason to buy the thing right away?
It's not like it'll go anywhere, if the trend continues maybe we (by we I mean Americans, which is ironic given that I ain't one) will be able to get one for 300 greenbacks by the time this game and probably other worthy titles show up.

AnonymousRUS

Post by AnonymousRUS »

I climbed the tower, found the garden, walked to the end of the long ass bridge, only thing I didn't do was finish the 2nd level of time trials. They were too damn short! Sold it before I completed the thing...kinda wish i hadn't now...