Sonic City's new website

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Adamis

Sonic City's new website

Post by Adamis »

With interesting informations:

http://www.sonic-city.com

On the characters profiles page:

Is Sega spying on us?
Though Tails is a male character, there have always been rumours among fans that he is in fact female.
About Shadow:
Although it is sometimes thought that Shadow is a clone of Sonic, Shadow was in fact created by Professor Gerald Robotnik many years before Sonic came into being. His resemblance to Sonic is therefore perhaps pure coincidenceor maybe Sonic travelled back through time. The truth is unknown.
A bit of explanations about the mess of Blaze the Cat:
Blaze the Cat wrote:* Blaze was the first female character to have a confirmed super form, referred to as "Burning Blaze"
* Blaze's character description has changed a lot in only a few years, mostly around her status as a blue blooded feline. In Sonic Rush she is a Princess, then with Sonic The Hedgehog she was listed as a fully fledged Queen. However, it seems with the timeline of that game destroyed by Sonic and Elise's actions, Blaze has not yet had to take the throne and is back to being a Princess in Sonic Rush Adventure.
* It could also be a simple case of mistranslation, as her title in Japanese translates to "imperial princess".
* In Sonic The Hedgehog, Blaze and Silver are very close friends before she sacrifices herself to seal Iblis, however, with the timeline erased (thus restoring her to life) it maybe that Silver and Blaze have now never met. This would explain Silver never mentioning Blaze in Sonic Rivals.
* What is also unclear is the relationship between Sonic and Blaze's worlds; whilst Rush and it's sequel Rush Adventure suggest parralel world, Sonic Rivals and Sonic The Hedgehog point to Blaze's world being some future version of Sonic's.

About the games:
Segasonic wrote:The game remains a very rare experience for most gamers - it's almost impossible to port properly to home consoles because of its unique trackball-based gameplay, and has therefore never been re-released outside the arcades.
* The 3D stage included in Sonic Jam had been created as a test stage for Sonic Adventure, which was released on Dreamcast later.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Isn't Shadow based off the Super Sonic carving in the Hidden Palace? They probably just made up the time travel thing as it's only people at SoE doing it. Everything else is probably from here or Wikipedia.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Kogen wrote:Isn't Shadow based off the Super Sonic carving in the Hidden Palace? They probably just made up the time travel thing as it's only people at SoE doing it. Everything else is probably from here or Wikipedia.
Since it was Gerald Robotnik only posible source, I would say yes.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

So is this some kind of official Sega site? It reads like a crappy fan site. I also notice they're referring to the bastardised US backstories to Chaotix and Tails Adventures.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

It is fuggin SEGA Europe, doing its best to screw with everything possible. Are they just making shit up? the profiles sound really freakin stupid; it must be written by people they invited from the very depths of hell.

Mep

Re: Sonic City's new website

Post by Mep »

Silver the Hedgehog wrote:Being new to the series - and with little known about him - Silver has been the topic of much gossip by Sonic fans. Some say that he is the future child of Rouge and Shadow, or possibly even Amy Rose and Sonic. Only time will tell!
Wow, can professional sites really raise questions like that? I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic Team was planning to reveal something like that though...

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Wow, interspecies romance? It's like a furry's wet dream or something...

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

The whole site suffers from Wikipedia-esque "some fans..." syndrome.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

The most believable story is that Silver was created in a possible future where they blamed Shadow for screwing up the world, so the GUN of that time made Silver to go back in time and kill Shadow. Or something like that…

And really Sega, why you had to make two stories for Blaze? Is not like the alternate universe thing wasn’t used before in a Sonic game. The Miracle/Little Planet existed in another dimension after all. It would be awesome if Blaze universe was the same one the Little Planet goes when it isn’t in Sonic universe. It would at least reduce the alternate universes number…

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

What does the Japanese Sonic site have to say about Blaze, Silver and Eggman Nega? The basic setup in the Sonic Rush games was clean and elegant, now I hear that Sonic 360/PS3 and Sonic Rivals made Nega into a descendant of Eggman and Blaze a friend of Silver from a future timeline that was erased and... and I've just lost myself again.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Does Nega even have a Sonic Channel bio page?

I usually just say "Rivals killed Rush" and ignore it otherwise, owning a DS and not a PSP.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

On the topic of Silver, while ive never played 2k6, he always did strike me as Shadow/Rouge's child. He's got that low, deep voice like Shadow, and bags around his eyes, like Shadow, but he's all white, and his fur kinda curls like Rouge's does around her cheeks.

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Post by Dr. SEGA Monkey »

Silver can't be anybody's child from the main cast....since Silver is supposed to be from 200 years in the future.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

The information on this site is flawed at best. There's a ton of basic facts they didn't report. Why don't they list the fact that Knuckles is the guardian of the Monster Emerald? Or Eggman Nega having gone back in time to become his own ancestor, or that Blaze is a descendent of Big the Cat and Rouge? There's not a single mention of Sonic's Australian citizenship, or that Angel Island is in San Francisco?

I call bullshit on this "official" site.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

After the whole Kintobor thing, why listen to anything from SoE? I know it's lame to try to make the plot of a 16 year series of platformers coherent, but that whole storyline always irked me.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I sincerely couldn't care any less about the series' storyline general consistency, but I do like to think of every game's story as completely unrelated to each other's.
Only exceptions would be Sonic CD* through either Sonic Adventure 2 or Shadow the Hedgehog, depending on the player's tolerance of furfaggotry (that is, SCD -> S2 -> S3&K -> SA -> SA2 [-> Sonic Heroes -> Shadow]), all the other games' stories work much better on their own.

*Considering Sonic CD's original release date was planned to be right before Sonic 2. I'm excluding the original game because of the change in the number of Chaos Emeralds, just that.