Illegal urban sport

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Majestic Joey

Re: Illegal urban sport

Post by Majestic Joey »

street needs more simple stereotypical fighters. I mean we got an indian stretchy guy, a american indian guy, a sumo. what I want is a eskimo fighter. he should wear a coat and carry fish and be named Nanook.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Add to that a vampiric romanian, a swedish viking, and of course, a hawaian hoola girl.

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

Kotaku wrote:Image
OEMGEE thiz game iz gunna rawk!1!

Seriously, what is this? I mean, look at their faces!

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

It looks like they both just got kicked in the junk.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

It's pretty evident that they were possessed by the souls of Balrog and Blanka, of course.
Last edited by Isuka on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simmerl

Re:

Post by Simmerl »

Isuka wrote:It's pretty evident that they were possesed by the souls of Balrog and Blanka, of course.
Huzzah!

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/6875 ... aleis5.jpg
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9494 ... aleys7.jpg
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8090 ... alerf6.jpg
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8084 ... alerq5.jpg

Oh. Lord.
This will definitely haunt my dreams tonight.

On a less unsufferable subject, does anyone know why there were two barely different versions of Wolverine and not a sign of Norimaro in Marvel vs. Capcom 2?

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

What's so bad about the new screenshots? I love what I'm seeing here. The 3-D models are so detailed that they seriously look hand-drawn in a few of those pictures. Most of my favorite original characters appear to be playable. The newcomers look a little Carmen Sandiego meets Elle Driver, but that's not enough to deter me from getting amped for a new Street Fighter.

The only thing that disappoints me is that the background looks way to reminiscent of Street Fighter II. Of course, this is the only one they've shown, so there will almost definitely be more variety in that respect. But at this point, the only thing that will disappoint me is if this somehow turns into Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix 3-D Special Edition or something.

Soul
Now Playing: Dungeon Fighter Online

Post by Soul »

^...hold on...hold on...wait a second here. I though this was suppose to be Street Fighter V, not Street Fighter 2 In 3D +Alpha. Less I missed something in the thread, Guile's retired, Blanka's be reunited with his family, Dalshim became a peacekeeper (sort of), and Zangif just dropped out of the street fighting gig. With that said, what the hell were they thinking bring them back? o_O;

Edit: Forgot about E. Honda...and got beaten to the punch at that.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

Awesome Guile is in the game. Hopefully in this game they have the super short charge times from 3rd strike.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Sigh... OK, here it goes.
Until some gameplay video or something showing the new "saving-attack" system appears, I'll assume it's balls without the quick-reflexes heavy Parry system. It also looks like the guys weren't sure about what kind of style they wanted to use for this iteration, so they basically ended up with a pathetic cel-shaded version of the first designs (don't get me wrong, the sumi-e details are nice, but the designs themselves blow, just look at Chun-Li's face or Guile's pose, only Blanka and Honda don't suck).

And what's probably the second worst aspect; the characters and setting. They already said they're targeting the SFII veterans, and in the process are totally confident in ignoring the Zero/ Alpha and III ones. So they're just revamping SSF II Turbo with some changes here and there. Do I need to say that everyone who liked II but not the other two series is just a poser, someone who actually isn't interested in the series anymore?
What's more, both the gameplay and aesthetic evolution throughout the franchise are about to take their first, big kick in the nuts because they aren't interested in actual, high definition 2D graphics that would invariably look and play much better than this.

It's not completely wrong, but it's about as much of a dissapointment as it could be.

AnonymousRUS

Re:

Post by AnonymousRUS »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Fans would burn down the whole Capcom office building within minutes. There's no way it's going to be 3D.
Ill gladly volunteer to hop on a white mount wearing a pointy hood and throw the first torch.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I think I'll let the picture (and filename) speak for itself. :PG:

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So Streetfighter 4 is just Street Fighter II in 3D with hilarious and nonsensical facial expressions done by people who have never seen a human in person before? Hahahahah!

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

But it includes newcomers "Shermie rip-off" and "Amnesic rugbier".

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

This game needs more Dudley.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Hmm...the facial expressions are a real turn off. :/

Majestic Joey

Re:

Post by Majestic Joey »

Isuka wrote:But it includes newcomers "Shermie rip-off" and "Amnesic rugbier".
If there are more cool characters like this, Remy probably won't make the cut.I also hope Dan and Sean make it in the games so we can finally see who is the bigger joke.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

:(

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

What is that from? :PB:

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

at least the next king of fighters is going to be pure 2d with newly redrawn sprites.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I know, and it's about the fuck time. They've been reusing the same Neo-Geo sprites for what, twelve years? There are no good screenshots yet, though, only bad photos from the AOU show. I am assuming it's going to be badass.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

At least the new Spirits doesn't look almost sinfully ugly. Though I never played the 64 titles, so I'm not sure if it has a chance to rock or not in the first place.

KOF XII is looking good, just like SSFIITHDR (I wanted to be kidding about the game's acronym) but with awesome Garou-like animation and somewhat trippy backgrounds. Yeah, I'm liking it.

EDIT:
Black Rook wrote:This game needs more Dudley.
Street Fighter IV needs a tad more Street Fighter III and far less Street Fighter II.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

I just realized Abel's is a fighter from France with amesia. therefore, he must be Remy's father because Remy is from France. right?

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Incredibly enough, the new Street Fighter, Samurai Spirits, and King of Fighters XII and Maximum Impact Regulation "A" all run on the same arcade board, the Taito Type X².
Looks like it'll definitely become the new NAOMI. I can't help but dream about a new Virtual On running in HD at breakneck speed on that thing.

Oh, and there are newcomers "El Fuerte" (wow, El Blaze rip-off) and some fat guy by the name "Rufus" that kinda reminds me of Chang or Raiden, only Chinese.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I CAME!! TWICE!!!!