Illegal urban sport

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

That happened a long time ago. Keep up, old man.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

There were even less really important games for the CPS-3 than there were for the ST-V (though we owe to it the classical "MUDADAH/ ZA WARUDO!/ WRYYYYYY" meme), I'm somewhat impressed that its emulation is finally completed before that of Sega Titan's.
Is there a particularly good place to go look for the games' ISOs?
Last edited by Isuka on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I think they have some at http://www.romshare.net in the MAME hard disks directory.

There were very few games for the CPS3, only 6 or 7 and that includes all 3 versions of Street Fighter 3. I've never even played Warzard - does that run yet?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

AFAIK, yes.

But yeah, this is really old news. I've been playing <i>Third Strike</i> on my laptop the whole semester, man. And I still can't beat Gill.
There were even less really important games for the CPS-3 than there were for the ST-V
Only two that immediately come to mind are <i>Baku Baku Animal</i> and <i>Radiant Silvergun</i>, the former not being all that important (but it was awesome, so there) and the latter being probably the best shooter nobody played; care to name any more?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

There was Virtua Fighter Kids, Die Hard Arcade, Groove On Fight, Puyo Puyo Sun, and a couple of Cotton games. There might be a couple of others that are halfway decent.
But yeah, this is really old news.
Then why the heck hasn't there been a friggin' thread about it?! This is highly relevant!

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

<i>Astra Super Stars</i>, <i>Dynamite Deka</i> and <i>Soukyuugurentai</i> come to mind too.
I think an emulation thread in general would be quite interesting.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Die Hard Arcade is Dynamite Deka.

Is Astra Superstars very good? I only played it a bit on MAME and I didn't like it, but it runs extremely slow so that's not a fair judgment.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Wow, does this get any better?

And I totally missed DHA in your previous post Gibb, that's what I get for posting hastily.
I'm not sure if Astra's particularly good, but at least it was somewhat original back then.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Well, it doesn't look that bad in motion after all.
Needs more frames, lotsa more of course.

Mep

Post by Mep »

I still can't get used to those character designs, their like constipated wrestlers or something.

They also have the full show on 1up.com, where they talk more about the new "Revenge" system. Its basically a bar that builds up separately from the super guage that allows you to cancel and do extra super moves. While I like the idea of huge cancel combos and juggling, thats kind of what I have Guilty Gear for. Plus, no more parry system.

Double-S-
News Guy

Re: Illegal urban sport

Post by Double-S- »

The animation looks far too clunky and basically like crap.

Juggles make for terrible fighting games, let's just hope the use of a meter limits their use.

The pause when anyone gets hit will make it way too easy to hit-confirm anything.

The "revenge" moves basically take wakeup games out the window, especially toward the end of the round. What kind of mind games are there when you've got invincibility?

Also, hopefully that super invincible revenge move that takes 3/4 of the meter is slow enough to have little to no use at high level.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

It looks awesome to me, and from the screens, I really didn't expect that. It looks like Street Fighter, but vibrant in a way that a purely 2D game could never be. I want to play it.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

If the gameplay is still entirely 2D, I don't really see the point in making the game 3D at all. All that is added by a moving, cinematic camera is confusion and imprecision!

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

I've not seen any high def video yet, but I get this impression that the game could very well be adapted to the Wii, I don't see anything particularly "next-genny" about it other than those effects for the hadoukens and shoryuukens.

Though maybe they really do strive for a fuckillion fps with that.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Esrever wrote:If the gameplay is still entirely 2D, I don't really see the point in making the game 3D at all. All that is added by a moving, cinematic camera is confusion and imprecision!
As I recall, 3D games are cheaper to develop than 2D ones, especially ones as fluid as Street Fighter 3 (which you KNOW SF4 would have to top; it set a really damn high standard). So, that's pretty much the only real reason it's 2.5D - money.
Isuka wrote:I've not seen any high def video yet, but I get this impression that the game could very well be adapted to the Wii, I don't see anything particularly "next-genny" about it other than those effects for the hadoukens and shoryuukens.

Though maybe they really do strive for a fuckillion fps with that.
And I recall hearing in some interview that they weren't ruling ANY current console out at this point... even the DS. If the DS is a contender, then there's no reason the Wii can't be.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Seeing that this is Capcom, I expect this title to be released in every living gaming-able machine under the sun. That includes cellphones.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Ngangbius wrote:Seeing that this is Capcom, I expect this title to be released in every living gaming-able machine under the sun. That includes cellphones.
Don't forget revising and re-releasing this a bajillion times before SFV is announced in 2015.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

You're gonna get schooled

Seriously, she looks like a teacher. A teacher that can fight on the level of Chun-Li...? Well, that's new ground for Street Fighter, at least.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

She looks a bit like a KoF reject.

Also, which schools did you attend?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I'm just curious as to why Capcom decided to start SFIV in ARCADES.

I mean, okay, the series as a whole got its' start in the arcades, but do they realize such a move will mean that Japan will be playing the game for God-knows-HOW-long before we Amerifags (and other countries) get a console version?

Does anyone in the States / Europe even LIVE near an arcade? :confused:

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

I can't really form an opinion on her design. The character designs in SFII are so simple and generalized, that almost any cast member that doesn't fit a certain stereotype or "image" sticks out like a sore thumb. As far as design goes, you've got the prototypical fighter, Ryu, the prototypical American soldier, Guile, the prototypical sumo wrestler, E. Honda, and the list goes on. There's nothing to really go on with her though... She's like part schoolteacher, part Jerry curl, part assassin, part Fergie Ferg. It's really the simplicity in design that makes the SF characters so iconic, and she missed that mark.

Should be interesting to see what other directions they go with new characters for this game. Even if she doesn't look that Street Fightery, I still kind of like her.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

You...... you kiddin' me? Crimson FUCKING Viper?!
What's this, Street Fighter Maximum Impact 2K8, "Crimson Saga"?!?!

OK, I'm outta here, this time for good. Last one turns off the lights.

Mep

Post by Mep »

Project Justice was pretty awesome. All those team attack specials and air combos, one of the DC fighting games I played for hours.

Anyways, I don't like her. She feels out of place, especially since they're supposedly trying for a retro Street Fighter feel. It doesn't matter how masculine they make the chick, needs that simplicity and all that.

RocketPunch

Post by RocketPunch »

I could never find Project Justice. My CapcomxDreamcast experience was limited to Tech Romancer and Power Stone, both equally fucking awesome. But in the Capcom art book I have </nerd>, the characters on PJ's spread look like some of Capcom's most random ever, which works for me.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

street needs more simple stereotypical fighters. I mean we got an indian stretchy guy, a american indian guy, a sumo. what I want is a eskimo fighter. he should wear a coat and carry fish and be named Nanook.