BUTT CHEESE

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Huh, I never guessed I would hear of other people who had nightmares about their teeth falling out. I definitely get those every now and then.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

The teeth falling out one is a common dream, like falling and running/not being able to get away.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Supposedly it has to do with not feeling in control of your life. They stopped as soon as I got out of school.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

... I remember having those too (mainly the free falling ones, though I always woke up before getting smashed or whatever and my entire body gave a very short, electric-like, spastic pulse), but I wasn't able to remember much of my dreams lately so I'm not entirely sure if they're in fact gone since I started working.

What I do vividly remember is that the "best" dream I had was one of the flying type, maybe it was a lucid one. My sleep time is quite erratic and I frequently break out of the REM stages early in the morning... which completely sucks.
Last edited by Isuka on Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aso

Post by aso »

I once had a dream....

... wherein I was in a dream...

... wherein I was in a dream...

... wherein I was a dream.

So, I essentially 'woke up' at least four times. That was an odd experience.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Not a dream, but at work today I had to deal with a case for a James Duffy. COINCIDENCE?

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Last night I had this dream where I was at this beach place that didn't look like any beach I'd ever been to before, and I remember becoming friends with this old lady who had her arm amputated and replaced with a mechanical claw. It was kinda cool, actually. The only other thing I remember besides that was during the second half of the dream, I discovered this parking garage where the Autobots from the Transformers movie were all hiding out. They acted totally out of character.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Not a dream, but at work today I had to deal with a case for a James Duffy. COINCIDENCE?
Should've shat in it just in case.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I watched a cool movie today about dreams called Paprika. It was really visually interesting, but didn't give any insight to dreams. Not that I was expecting it to, nor was it trying to. Cool movie though.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

My weirdest thing I can think of about my dreams is there's this location they'll sometimes take place in, it's always the same, and I've only ever seen it in twilight. And it's a composite, made up of several locations, fictional and real. It includes, to name a few components, some strip mall from Rochester in the commercial area, a winding unlit road in its rural area, this truck (un)loading facility my roommate and I wound up on this night drive once for an industrial district, and downtown is JSR's Kogane-Cho (despite that never being seen at night). I vaguely remember multiple high-speed chases the Kogane part. Damn, I have a ton of exciting dreams; why can't I ever remember them.
Green Gibbon! wrote:Sometimes while going about my daily business I'll see in my mind's eye, maybe for only a second or two, a startlingly famliar dream scene that fades beyond recovery as quickly as it appeared. Like the flash of a distant memory. It's kind of cool.
Funny story, freshman year—I remember looking down, screaming "NOOO!" in anguish and with the resounding "splash", I woke up. Don't remember the visuals, but I was looking down. Turning this one over in my head during breakfast, I could not put two and two together. So I went about my day.

Got to the end of my private piano lesson (it's a music school, we're required to have one per week for the first two years). I'm making small talk with my professor, and I zip up my backpack.

Zip.

I was zipping.

I was standing in front of a toilet, I had just finished urinating, and I was zipping back up. But no. I had an accident. A zipper accident. The worst kind of zipper accident.

I severed it clean off.

I looked down as if I could save it, screaming "NOOO!" in anguish.

*splash.*

My teacher asked me why I stopped mid-sentence, and I forget the bullshit cover I fabricated, but I know I was grateful that he didn't notice I had crossed my legs while tapering off.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I need to get on the computer more often.

I have had some pretty bizzare dreams over the years. Mostly I dream about having sex, getting caught in tornadoes, Sonic, witnessing scenes and oddities in games that otherwise aren't there IRL or playing a game that either hasn't come out yet or I can't easily obtain. I once had a dream during the Summer of 2005 that (sort of) came true. From what I remember from that dream, my family was going on a trip and we boarded an airplane. A little while into the flight, a problem of some sort occured and the plane had to make an emergency landing. Other unimportant stuff happened and then I woke up. A few days later, my dad was heading out to Colorado to pick my brother up from camp and on the way, a little girl got sick and the plane actually had to make a emergency stop. I had another dream involving long work shifts, thunderstorms and aggressive dogs that also somewhat came true. Has anyone else had dreams like this or am I just special?
Sniffnoy wrote:Huh, I never guessed I would hear of other people who had nightmares about their teeth falling out. I definitely get those every now and then.
A reccuring dream I have had a couple of times involved me getting oral surgery without any novacaine, which is very frightening.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I just dreamed that in Shadow of the Colossus you could summon and control a colossus, causing maximum damage and reaching places you couldn't reach before. Suddenly, the colossus turned into Eggman, and then I was very angry because I had used all my Sam & Max wrapping paper on something worthless.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I once had this dream in which Gibbon was my older brother. I was watching him update one of the museum pages and he was complaining about the current level of suck in Sonic games, which he has ben doing on a regular basis.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It must have been a really boring dream.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Sniffnoy wrote:Huh, I never guessed I would hear of other people who had nightmares about their teeth falling out. I definitely get those every now and then.
Just go to the dentist more often...

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

What a great idea!
I'm gonna go search for a "How not to fall off skyscrapers" self-help guidebook now.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

I dreamed about this forum last week. In third person, unfortunately.

I was inside my tent, made out of ivory skin, on the very top of a snowy hill. As I slept, (I dreamed about myself sleeping?) the sound of someone throwing rocks at the tent woke me up.

I poked my head out of the tiny circular hole in the top of the tent and saw, at the bottom of the hill, a girl wearing black leather with purple hair and dark purple streaks. She threw her last rock at me (I ducked) and then screamed at me,

"Asshole! Stop posting about that beer thing on the GHZ!"

I slided down the hill and told her that, no, I hadn't done anything of the sort. She said, "Really?", and then made me follow her so she could tell me what she was talking about. We arrived, quite quickly, at a beer microwave bottle that was inside a medieval cave. It was just a really big thing of beer, except there was a microwave attached to it that could heat up the beer.

I told the girl I'd never seen or heard of this thing before, and she said, "Maybe it was someone else...". Then, as I left the cave, I bought half a pizza because it cost half the price of normal one.

Guess what I'd done the previous day.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

If you changed beer for "Boobs" it would have made sence a few years ago...