Why are you not playing Bioshock?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Rlan
News Guy

Why are you not playing Bioshock?

Post by Rlan »

Seriously, what are you waiting for?

oxm uk 10 / 10
pc gamer uk 95 / 100
pc zone 96 / 100
eurogamer 10 / 10
gamer.tv 5 / 5
game informer 10 / 10
ap magazine 5 / 5
computers & video games 9.5 / 10
gamepro 10 / 10
1up 10 / 10
xbox world 94 / 100
gamespy 5 / 5
console and gameworld 99 / 100

Finished the game last night, absolutely fantastic game that everyone should play, even if you're some namby pamby wimp who can't stand some freakish areas of the game.

Do it! Do it nooow!

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Well, you know, I'd love to, but I'm moving to Canada for the academic year in a week's time, and that's severely inhibiting the purchase of the several hundred games that I suddenly want to buy before Christmas. So is it better than Deus Ex?

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I don't have a 360 and don't plan on having one until Microsoft gets their shit straight. I did however get to play a bit of the beginning, just about around the point where you get your first plasmid, and I wasn't overly impressed. I can, however, see the game getting much better based on my experience. I just wish I'd gotten to encounter a Big Daddy.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Downloaded the demo off Fileplanet last week. Took me a while to find graphical settings that didn't crash my PC, but aside from that I enjoyed what I played. I'm liking the plasmid/weapon combo possibilities, even in these early stages, as well as the whole retro 60's sci-fi vibe.

Probably won't buy it for a while, though. Still got a ton of PS2 stuff to slog through. Definitely on my "To Buy" list.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I don't own a 360 either, but this topic DID give me an idea...

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

It's just a standard good FPS, it's not a must have. And I've gotten God of War 2 and haven't touched it after a few days, so these reviews are likely just as over rated - especially since I played the demo and it was nothing special.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

God of War 2 is goddamn ridiculous. Never before have I come across a game trying to be as HARDCORE! as this one. It's kind of pathetic actually.

I'd love to try Bioshock but I have neither PC nor 360. I'm also afraid that it's a media darling and that its scores are not to be completely trusted. I've hated games that reviewed fantastically before (super paper mario, Halo 2, Final Fantasy X, etc etc).

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I am not playing Bioshock because it keeps freakin' crashing every five minutes. I swear to god, I have a decent PC, and the game runs nice and smooth like clockwork right up until whatever second it decides to randomly crash to desktop.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It was running well for me on the PC until the bathysphere was supposed to surface in Rapture (when you watch Johnny get brutally maimed by the splicer, shortly before Atlas introduces himself to you), at which point my monitor decided it was no longer getting visuals from my computer. Nothing in the audio department aside from ambiance thereafter, so after ten or so minutes of this I just reset the computer, from which point everything (computer-wise, not <i>Bioshock</i>-wise) runs perfectly.

Played the demo on the 360 prior to that, so I know what I was getting myself into. Regrettably, although I prefer mouse and keyboard, that might have to be the version I play. There are worse fates, though...

aso

Post by aso »

My PC sucks far too much to run the game, so I opted for the Xbox 360 version. Safe to say, it's pretty awesome, though I think the presentation (art-deco style graphics, music, et al) is the best part of the package.

But then, I've been waiting on a follow-up of some sort to System Shock 2 since 1999. So I'm probably a bit biased in my opinion.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Radrappy wrote:I'd love to try Bioshock but I have neither PC nor 360.
How are you typing? A Wii? Dreamcast?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Mac?

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I live in telephone lines. What you see now is actually my voice.

But seriously though, I use a mac.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Quick, hide in my Apple fortress before they commit a massacree!

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

I also use a Mac.

Please do not attack me, Windows users. My Mac is an OS whore. It can run OS X/Windows/*nix natively. Truce! Truce!

(I hope you'll let me hide too, Del. They may be out for blood.)

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Bah, just using Mac isn't enough to warrant bloodshed. Takes a bit more. Like, a very, very heated argument as to why Mac is a quadrillion times better than Windows 'cuz Windows sux. <i>Then</i> the rivers shall run red...

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

From what I've played, which is only about an hour (I killed the first boss then saved and haven't touched it since do to homework and other things) it looked really cool, but kinda felt like another FPS. I have faith that the plasmid combos and specialty ammo and all that other crap coming will make the game awesome as everyone says it is. As of right now though I'm finding it falls a little short of the hype.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

why Mac is a quadrillion times better than Windows 'cuz Windows sux.
Windows is so lame. It's like, it just fails as an operating system! And what's with all that software?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Shadow Hog wrote:<i>Then</i> the rivers shall run red...
Hang on, I need to get my camcorder.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

j-man wrote:Downloaded the demo off Fileplanet last week. Took me a while to find graphical settings that didn't crash my PC, but aside from that I enjoyed what I played. I'm liking the plasmid/weapon combo possibilities, even in these early stages, as well as the whole retro 60's sci-fi vibe.

Probably won't buy it for a while, though. Still got a ton of PS2 stuff to slog through. Definitely on my "To Buy" list.
Exactely what he said. Stop stealing my life, DAMMIT!

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

Because I'm not into short next-gen games. :sad:

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

That clown shop will haunt my nightmares forever. Yes.

Actually, I thought it was cute. But as we all know, the cutest things are the most evil.

"[half-heartedly] HA HA HA! You can't resist the CIRCUS OF <i>VALUES</i>!"

Also hacking is surprisingly entertaining. I guess all those hours of <i>Pipe Dream</i> are paying off.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I think hacking is an annoying unnecessary pain in the ass. It'd be cool if it didn't come up so often.

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

I was fortunate enough to not have known or seen anything about this game before buying it (my friend just recommended it to me saying it was awesome), and I completed it a few days ago. Honestly I thought it was fantastic, everything about it. That might be because I didn't experience any of the hype.

I thought the ending (that I got) was a let down. I mean it was nice All the little sisters stabbing fontaine over and over shouting "Kill him!" was awesome. And all of them holding Jack's hand on the deathbed was a nice way to end. But it was such a huge build up to a 30 second movie, which brings us back to the title screen. Not even any credits to think about what I just experienced

Only real other bad thing I can think of is I have no desire to replay it really.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Jack Bz wrote:That might be because I didn't experience any of the hype.
Yes, I had that too. I eventually hyped myself with the demo.

Anyway, sure was hard not to read the spoilers while quoting. Good thing I managed to delete it staring at my feet.