Another barely interesting letter from SEGA

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Wooduck51

Another barely interesting letter from SEGA

Post by Wooduck51 »

SO,

After Sonic the Hedgehog crushed hope and killed infants, I threw together a two page letter outlining what was wrong with the game as far as I could tell, this being the bad controls, buggy Amigo characters and poorly designed Mach speed areas. Now five or six months later SEGA once again has sent me another response on wonderful strathmore 20% cotton paper.

Dear D

Thank you for your recent correspondence. We appreciate that you have taken the time to write us.

We're sorry there were aspects to the new Sonic the Hedgehog game that you did not like. Different people like different things in a game, and many people have voiced support of the very things that you dislike. That being said, you are obviously a very dedicated fan of Sonic and we take your comments very seriously.

(promotional crap goes here)

Best,

SEGA

p.s. good question!

p.p.s. we are happy that you like Shadow's current personality as much as we do.

In the letter I sent them, As I said before, the only aspects of the game I mentioned disliking were the poorly implemented control and design of the mach speed areas, which I went into great detail explaining why. Either SEGA misinterpreted this or they really didn't have an answer and gave me that instead. As to my good question I can't remember what it was, I think it had to do with some freaking giant plothole, or some other poorly thought out chunk of the story that did not make sense; and as far as Shadow's personality I tried to impress upon them that where he is now is good, no more "THIS IS WHO I AM" stupidity, please.

In conclusion I just though it would be interesting.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Did they at least send you some dollar-store novelty Sega item?

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I wrote to Sega back in 2001, but in praise for Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set, and other games they released the fall before. They actually sent me a very similar letter...

JessicaPadkin

Post by JessicaPadkin »

Back when I was a nipper, my mum and I wrote a letter to Sega to complain that the Megadrive version of Worms didn't have a save function. We got a charming, personal reply and free copies of The Lion King and Streets of Rage 2 (which the letter bizarrely described as being like 'a 3D version of Worms, only you can control the characters') for our troubles. This was back when Megadrive games were still fairly expensive, you understand.

The strangest thing, though, was that the man who wrote the letter actually made a point of giving out his personal phone number. I believe my mum also offhandedly mentioned that she was a single parent in the letter. Hmmmmmmm...

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

You were expecting something besides a form letter?

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Black Rook wrote:Did they at least send you some dollar-store novelty Sega item?
No, they told me that I could go to Sonic central to get all the latest updates!

I have also figured out that it takes 4-6 months to get a response, in case you wanted to know.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Well, hey, free <i>SoR2</i> isn't anything to sneeze at.

But yeah, I'm convinced that people at Sega no longer really DO read letters anymore... maybe glance at them temporarily to see what category to file them under, and then shoot off an automated reply. Certainly the backlash for their <i>Sonic</i> games has gotten great enough that this generated response was made exclusively for it?

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I never got a response for my Sonic 2k6 bitch letter.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

... I find it somewhat funny that every other nice day in which I say something like "OK, let's get over all this drama about StH360", something happens that reminds me why I can't let this abomination fall behind, why the gamer does not forget... or forgive, for that matter.

Namely, that SEGA won't listen to anyone that complains over anything that's so obviously dysfunctional that even a point-by-point explanation is beyond the very fact that the game was thoughtlessly rushed, hence they'll repeat the same damn mistakes over and over until they reach Acclaim-level mediocrity and eventually fade into oblivion. Dragging Sonic's name with theirs.

Now I'm, like, really sad.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

A V8 bonk for the moody grouch, stat!

So which is it? You're getting emo over a generic response shipped out by John/Jane Q. PRdrone, or trying to be cool like jaded kids on the block?

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Don't play with my feelings! ;(

Well, actually it's only that I just want a good 3D Sonic game, and the motherfucker won't show up if this continues, just that...

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Well, I think you gotta accept that many other people like the very things that you dislike. There gotta be some people out there who aren't all that into good control, or good games at all! There's a whole market out there for people who like really bad games, and Sonic is just trying to reach out that niche. That must be that whole "new take into the character" thing they were talking about.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

... Does somebody know where can I find these other people, so I can give them a good e-kick in their e-balls?

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Your search - "sonic 360 is great" - did not match any documents.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

43 matches for "Sonic 360 sucks".