Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Only one of the Ice Climbers (I think it was the pink one) was your "real" character. If that one died you lost a life.

aso

Post by aso »

Double-S- wrote:Only one of the Ice Climbers (I think it was the pink one) was your "real" character. If that one died you lost a life.
Actually, it was the blue. The pink was the 'drone' character. You're right about the rest, though. If the blue IC was knocked out of commission, you lost a life.

I hope they bring back their level. It wasn't 'tournament friendly' or any such nonsense, but it was still great fun to mess around in with friends (especially those who hadn't played through the level yet).

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

That would be kinda redundant as Rumble Falls (DK's confirmed stage) is already a scrolling level.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

This lowers my hopes of other characters being balanced.

aso

Post by aso »

Rob-Bert wrote:That would be kinda redundant as Rumble Falls (DK's confirmed stage) is already a scrolling level.
True, but the Ice Climbers level had the music, the Polar Bears... it had a nice vaguely retro feel to it.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

aso wrote:It wasn't 'tournament friendly' or any such nonsense...
What <i>is</i>, except Final Destination?

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

There were a couple of stages in Melee that didn't have any real hazards like Yoshi's Island and Hyrule temple.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Ah, right, Hyrule Temple, the stage that everyone back at high school ALWAYS PLAYED. Probably because it made it harder to get KO'd and therefore made the matches unnecessarily long. It wasn't pretty.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

The Temple isn't allowed in tournaments because of the camping.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Double-S- wrote:Only one of the Ice Climbers (I think it was the pink one) was your "real" character. If that one died you lost a life.
Yes, but there's two of them, and the other one's invincible until you knock him/her out of the stage. It's even possible for one Ice Climber to attack an opponent from the left and the other to the right, which is what my brother did to me countless times when we played the game (being attacked by both sides). He was also really evil with Roy, which is I hate playing as (or against) him now.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Interestingly, the pink one wasn't "invincible". She had her own, hidden damage percentage that increases independently of the one you see. You can test it out by focusing your attacks on her and watching her fly farther and farther than the blue one does.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

That and an ice climber by its self is rather weak.
I do not see what all of you are complaining about, Ice climbers are no harder to fight against than any other character.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Unless they use the wobble technique (An inescapable infinite combo).

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Online play CONFIRMED. (Thank god.)

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

The psychological bit is such a BS excuse for the obvious censorship. I'm pretty sure not having any clue who I'm up against is gonna make me more paranoid, not less!

A lot of people will complain about the lack of leaderboards & what not but I never cared, I just wanted to brawl online. I'm glad that 4-players is indeed happening.

Practicing as a time killer is a very nice touch. More games should do that kind of thing.

Icon screen has me a bit puzzled, is that really all of the default characters?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Well, there you have it. I'm going to have to find some way to get a new laptop and a Wii for Christmas.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

I have to wonder, what soul/features they sold to get full 4 player brawls to work. At any rate, can you say "garaunteed WFC server crash on launch day", Mario Kart-style?
Doubt it. There's still Snake at least, and it could be like F-Zero GX, where you got a new portrait emblem to slap on your cars every new character you bought.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I suspect so, but there'll be tons of unlockable ones, I'm sure.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

FlashTHD wrote:I have to wonder, what soul/features they sold to get full 4 player brawls to work. At any rate, can you say "garaunteed WFC server crash on launch day", Mario Kart-style?
Doubt it. There's still Snake at least, and it could be like F-Zero GX, where you got a new portrait emblem to slap on your cars every new character you bought.
I said default.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

The first thing I thought when I saw the little wheel enemy was, "but will Kirby be able to take his power?"

I certainly hope so.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I always knew those ROBs were up to no good.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Damn right. Five years after buying the game, I still didn't get that freaking trophy.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I get the feeling ROB as a playable character might be the reward for beating the Subspace Army.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Piplup is confirmed as the fourth new Pokemon to be stuffed into SSBB's Poke Balls (also making it the first "4th-Gen" PKMN to show in the game period).

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Uh, what about Munchlax or the Driftloon spotted in PS2?