Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I bet you'd would receive a crapload of money if you bid on Dick Dasterly and he won.

...Has he ever won in a episode?

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Ngangbius wrote:I bet you'd would receive a crapload of money if you bid on Dick Dasterly and he won.

...Has he ever won in a episode?
I'm sure he did. But he couldn't collect the trophy because he was chased by a Mountie or something.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Dick Dastardly won at least one episode of Fender Bender 500.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I wish I could find pictures of the cars in that show.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

GOD DAMN TITANIC REFERENCES MAKING IT INTO THE GAME MAKES ME SO MAD ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

...owait, it's just the Ice Climbers' Final Smash--"Iceberg".

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I think it's really cool.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

What, NOBODY thinks the Smart Bomb and sadface'd impotent Electrode are interesting?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

No, they really aren't.

What IS interesting is the soccer ball shown in Training. That wasn't announced... wonder what game (specifically) it's a reference to? My money's on <i>Mario Strikers Charged</i>, but something so generic could go any way...

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

I'm betting on it getting the Smash series emblem like the banana peel did.

Also, you won't be able to pick it up, just kick it.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

The ball in Strikers Charged looked almost nothing like an actual soccer ball, so that's probably just a generic one in training mode.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I'd normally think today's update mundane, but dood.

LEOPARD SKIN SNAKE.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Dark Link and Fusion Suit look neat.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Goth Zelda = hawt.

...what?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

God, they really DO hate Prime, don't they? Instead of a Phazon suit scheme or a Corruption suit scheme, we get a Fusion suit scheme... even though the Fusion suit looks nothing like Samus' regular armour and thus is the least appropriate to use as an alternate palette for it.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Which doesn't make it any less cool-looking. Still on the alternate colors topic:
-Is anyone else slightly disappointed that Dark Link isn't entirely black like he was in Melee?
-I really hope there's a Naked Snake/Big Boss color swap for Snake- altough there's a good chance that's his standard "green" variation.

And today's new AT is, indeed, from Sin & Punishment.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I like how every time Sakurai uveils an Assist Trophy nowadays, he does his little "don't you wish this was an actual playable character" trolling bit. Mkaes me laugh to know that the fanboys are gonna swallow the bait hook, line, and sinker.

Saki AT is still awesome, though.

Mep

Post by Mep »

His model makes him look like he could be a playable character too. Well at least to me he looks better than most AT's they've shown. The only thing that makes him stand out from playable characters is the detail of his hair and face. Not only that, but he talks, and it almost looks like he has an AI instead of just random patterns! Unless their using the AT at different places just for good pictures.

If they're going to include so many awesome characters as AT's I hope they allow you to choose the ratio at which they appear. I wonder if AT's can attack each other like pokemon.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

There are still five other suit schemes for samus we have not seen yet, there is still a good chance that the phazon suit will show up; but yeah, the lack of prime related stuff is aggravating. Maybe they plan to fix it by including dark Samus as playable.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I wouldn't mind the phazon suit not making an appearance. Honestly, it's kind of ugly.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Wooduck51 wrote:There are still five other suit schemes for samus we have not seen yet, there is still a good chance that the phazon suit will show up; but yeah, the lack of prime related stuff is aggravating. Maybe they plan to fix it by including dark Samus as playable.
Actually, only four unseen schemes--we've seen "Fusion Suit" Samus, and "Gravity Suit" Samus was shown off in the "Spectator" update.

Personally, I'd go for a black/neon blue "Dark Samus" suit if it was me.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Brazillian Cara wrote:-Is anyone else slightly disappointed that Dark Link isn't entirely black like he was in Melee?
This is the Twilight Princess "Dark Link". Which is also why he has red eyes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKYyh8zi3aI

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Saki Amamiya. And he's awesome. I don't even know who he is, but I know he's a Treasure character, so he's awesome.

I must say, though, Sakurai's AT trolling is really starting to get to me now. Wouldn't it be cool if you could unlock some of them as playable characters? Unlikely, but.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

So. Lucas's Final Smash. Basically, a big huge "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING" bit, but the last screen of it causing so much destruction is pretty awesome.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Yeah, most of the Final Smashes shown so far are pretty (okay, absurdly) overkill.

I was thinking, since there was a ZOE game for GameBoy Advance, is there any possibility of Jehuty showing up as an AT, using it's Vector Cannon or Homing Lasers to unleash even more mayhem on the field? That'd be really nice.

Oompa Star

Post by Oompa Star »

That's weird. PK Starstorm was Poo's most powerful attack in Mother 2. Wonder if the Starstorm showed up in Mother 3.