Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
aso

Post by aso »

I noticed a lot of GameFAQers were whining that they should've used the Andross seen during the final battle of Star Fox 64... personally, I thought this was a much more awesome choice.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

If worse comes to worse, they can always put SF64 Andross in as a boss for Subspace Emissary...

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

How about an Andross boss that gradually transforms between each appearance he's had?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Well, yeah, they could do that too...

Oh, and today's update shows off some of the special moves for the Pokemon Trainer's three monsters.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

What I want to know is, how is the trainer going to react to the collapsing bridge sequences?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I will laugh my ass off if Captain N makes it into the series as a playable character. Especially if he's updated to an anime-ized version like Pit and wields a Wiimote as his zapper.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

A shame I don't work for Nintendo then, because I would've had you laughing quite hardily.

Well in a new cartoon anyway. In SSB, I would've made him the final boss, revealing that Master Hand was just a hologram created & controlled by his Power Glove this whole time (I'm aware he didn't have 1 & that it's 3rd party but I don't care).

I definately support Nintendo doing something with the character concept again. I always felt that the show had a sound enough premise despite the horrid execution.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Ritz wrote:What I want to know is, how is the trainer going to react to the collapsing bridge sequences?
Maybe it'll be like the Ice Climbers, where the player is screwed if the other climber goes missing. The trainer getting knocked out could strand whichever Pokemon is in play until they get knocked out themselves.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Maybe the Pokemon Trainer stands in the far background and doesn't really move at all.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

There's still the question of moving him through the stages that scroll.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I figured he'd be on a permanent version of the platforms you spawn on if the stage has a tendency to move around or collapse or otherwise would potentially render him floating in mid-air. Makes sense to me!

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Maybe he'll do backflips up the stage, Prince of Persia-style!

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

I think he really has a full team of 6 pokemon. Abra teleports him in (return of individual entrances), Pidgeot carries him around the moving stages & Mewtwo is demoted to being his Final Smash.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Actually, Pidgey carrying him around would work pretty well. I really doubt Mewtwo as Final Smash when the Elemental Hyper Beams or a really fantastic Legendary Pokemon (like Arceus, Ho-oh, or Mew) would work a lot better.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

I think it's more likely the final smash just depends on the Pokemon being used at the time, though.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Nice to see how gliding characters work. I was wondering if we were going to have to jam on the jump button like in Kirby or something.

As of right now, my dream list for character line-up is Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Pit, Meta-Knight, Ike, Solid Snake, Wario, Captain Olimar, Starfy, Ray from Custom Robo, Nell from Nintendo Wars, Little Mac, Lucas from Mother 3, Ridley, any character from Animal Crossing, Sonic, and Pac-Man. And everyone from Melee return, except for Dr. Mario and Pichu (make them alternate costumes for Mario and Pikachu) and with Falco, Gannondorf, Luigi, Roy, and Young Link getting more unique movesets.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

Oh, nothing much today. Just a WarioWare stage.

Wait, what?

I JUST WET MYSELF

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Hands-down winner of the "most chaotic stage" award.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Smilie wrote:I JUST WET MYSELF
That's because you suck at Warioware. You were supposed to control the umbrella.

Anyway, yes, this is pretty much one of the most creative stages of fighting game history I've ever seen.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Today's update: another cutscene from Subspace Emmisary, this time featuring Pit.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Your post lacks awesome.

This cutscene is one of the coolest things I've seen. Him just dropping backside like a parachute soldier with no fear? Damn... this is too cool. I just hope they'll succeed this well in the other character's cutscenes too.

I seriously hope Pit will get his own Wii game after this.

Oh yeah... about Pac-Man. It would make sense, since he was already in the Mario Kart arcade.

Anon

Post by Anon »

I always thought it would be cool if Bomberman was one of the other third-party characters. Part of it would make sense, seeing as he had a crossover game with Wario. But the problem with that would be his moveset...

There's also Rockman, but I"m not as keen for him showing up in the game. Dunno why.

Zeta: Nice list. Glad that I'm not the only one that remembers Ray 01 (though, I barely remember Custom Robo itself, because I never had the game). Stafy would also be nice, but I think it would make much more sense to have him as an Assist Trophy.

As for Roy, it would make more sense for Marth to come back, because he's more iconic to the series than Roy is. Ike is basically filling in the "latest FE hero" role that Roy did in Melee.

I must be the only person in the world that wants to see Lip in the game, even if she's reduced to an AT.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

I'm conflicted with the Pit update. On 1 hand it's charming that over a decade later & in the midst of multiuniversal destruction Icarus is still very much a Kid. On the other hand it kinda distrubing how he's begining to behave like Sora in addition to looking like him. The Primids basically being heartless doesn't help matters.

I suppose it's worth noting that it seems like the beginning of Adventure Mode for every character won't be simple variations of the Mario/Kirby one. Makes me wonder just different the whole quest will be for each character, could they all have their own seperate levels & bosses in addition to branching paths? Naw, that sounds a bit too much of a tall order, but it's nice to dream.

Bomberman is such a given AT.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Funny, I thought the Adventure mode would just be one long thing where you play as different characters on different levels or something along those lines...

As for characters I'd like to see playable, it'd have to go to Ridley, Ganon (the big beast, not Ganondorf), Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Chibi-Robo, King Dedede, Capt. Falcon, Luigi, and Sonic & MegaMan for third-party.

(Yes, I know many of my wished characters are ones from the previous game--but since they haven't been confirmed as coming back yet, they're getting lumped in with my other wished characters.)

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Have I given a list here yet? Eh, I'll post 1 now.

1st
Little Mac
Mii
Ray 01
Wolf
Krystal
Toad
Andy
Sami
Olimar
The Amazon

3rd
Sonic
Pac-Man
Black Mage
Mega Man
Pete (Apparently the name of the farmer from Harvest Moon)

Bosses
Ganon
Sturm
Mother Brain
Cyber Mewtwo
King Hippo
Metal Gear
Big Bom-Bomb
Final: Captain N
Secret: Super Sonic