Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Zeta, if what you'd prefer is occasional updates with big news only, then maybe you should stop reading the daily blog and get your Smash Bros news from a regular gaming news site. Then you'll never have to hear about the more incidental updates, and we'll never have to hear you whine about them!

It's win win!

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Update: Sonic gets PWNED!!!11

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

The was also a screencap of Lucas PK Freezing him to death.

And "good" updates seemed to be mostly subjective. I mean their are folks who considers any of the AT, music, stage, final smash or even the confirmation of returning characters to be their own little "megaton". Heck, I really enjoy the music updates since I love to hear different composers arrangements of classic themes. I really haven't been truly disappointed in this blog at all since I liked reading any info from this game no matter how big or small it is.

Plus, the positive and negative meltdowns from the Smash fankids because of this blog are a great source of comedy. =D

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I guess I'm just kind of astonished by how seriously some people take this stuff. But I suppose we all have some sort of unhealthy obsession in our lives!

I save all my rage for the "Cat of the Day" blogs. Those assholes at Icanhascheeseburger have TOTALLY lost it, for example. Did you see Monday's update? I hardly ROFL'd a LOL!

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Though I hope Mega Man gets in, I'd rather they not divulge that until a week or two after the game comes out (in the event he does make it in). I also find the whining about the quality of updates to be very stupid and annoying. Is it really worth mentioning that there was a really lame update? Why not try to not talk about it at all? If there's an update not worth discussing, then there's nothing to discuss, and yet there are people who still want to discuss it.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Well, it was a lackluster week mostly, but Monday brought the Fire Emblem theme, so... I'm satisfied.

For now...

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Cuckooguy wrote:Though I hope Mega Man gets in, I'd rather they not divulge that until a week or two after the game comes out (in the event he does make it in). I also find the whining about the quality of updates to be very stupid and annoying. Is it really worth mentioning that there was a really lame update? Why not try to not talk about it at all? If there's an update not worth discussing, then there's nothing to discuss, and yet there are people who still want to discuss it.
Not to pile it on, but I checked the rules, and turns out doing it can count as crossing three of the spam rules all at once too.

Did I hear Pop twitch?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I found today's update kind of cool--if only because we haven't seen anything official by way of a Metroid-themed stage (other than shaky camvids) until now.

I also like how they made the lava more unpredictable than the usual "high tide / low tide" thing they did in the first two games (and the fact that, hey, IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE LAVA).

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

That emergency lava shelter pod is the shitniz!

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Yami CJMErl wrote:I also like how they made the lava more unpredictable than the usual "high tide / low tide" thing they did in the first two games (and the fact that, hey, IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE LAVA).
Well, in their defense it was Acid in the first two games, not Lava.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Yeah, looks much better. Glad they dropped the acid.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

LOL Was that pun on purpose?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Would it ruin the magic if the answer was yes?

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

No, I'm still laughing myself. :D

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Even if it was on purpose, it's still funny. Then again, I'm easy to make laugh.

Nice to see something other than Brinstar (or any of its sub-areas) for a change.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I kinda wish the Metroid stage was something from the Prime series (since those are the only ones I've really played). I think the lava looks cool and stuff, so no complaints here.

Going back a bit to Grey Fox... maybe you play as him for a couple of seconds when you unlock him as an AT. I don't think Sakurai would taunt his fans that directly. Just a guess though.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Actually, temporarily controllable ATs is all sorts of an awesome idea. Even if it was just aiming them at who you want killed with the control stick.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:(since those are the only ones I've really played)
If you have a Wii and are able to access the virtual console then get yourself Super Metroid immediately, otherwise you're pretty much a pathetic excuse of a gamer and a failure as a person in general.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I used to take my Wii over to a friend's house during the summer to use his Wi-Fi and download VC games, but he's gone away for college. I'll have to wait until the holidays to do that.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Ah, I just finished the orignal Metroid. Now I'm on to Metroid 2 on the Gameboy.

If you can at least play Metroid Zero Mission... I guess it's a nice way to know the platform games.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I suppose one question I have is why Sakurai seems to be COMPLETELY IGNORING all the stuff he could use from the Metroid Prime series.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Japan hates the FPS Metroids.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Sure, but they hate the 2D Metroids too!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

True, but slightly less.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Well, they're catering to practically every OTHER gamer fangroup, why not those who like the Prime games?