Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Minor news: Diddy Kong's two other special moves are his infamous cartwheel which was his special move in the first DKC game and throwing banana peels that can cause other players to slip.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Zeta wrote:and throwing banana peels that can cause other players to slip.
Hey, my hatred for bananas from roughly thirty pages ago is totally validated! Neat!

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Zeta wrote:Minor news: Diddy Kong's two other special moves are his infamous cartwheel which was his special move in the first DKC game
So what was it in the other games? I never played them.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

In the SNES games, Diddy had a Cartwheel attack which let him attack and jump in mid-air. He was also the highest jumper. In DK64, he had peanut guns, a guitar, a charge attack, a tail-jump move, and the barrel jetpacks.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

So he had the same moves for all the DKC games? That's the only reason I ask. I never got to play DKC2 or 3. They were gaping holes of lust in my childhood.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah Nobody got new movies in the DKC series. They just swapped out old characters and animal buddies.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Esrever wrote:I just don't think they should add Krystal because no one gives a crap about Star Fox anymore. She's no dumber than any of the other Star Fox cast members. But two characters is more than enough representation for the franchise, especially seeing as almost all of the Star Fox gang have exactly the same proportions and exactly the same established out-of-ship fighting moves.

Still, if they have to add someone, I guess Krystal is probably the best choice. At least she could play uniquely, since they could base her moves on Star Fox Adventures' game play instead of making another Fox/Falco clone.
Pretty much the point I tried to make but with less temper problems (I've grown a little tiresome of others lumping me in with the furries).
Oh man, I'd hate to see Mr Game & Watch go, he's Nintendo's oldest character.
It's all but officially confirmed that G&W will be returning.
1.Smash Bros.
2.DK series
3.Fox series
4.Kirby Series
5.F-Zero series
6.Metroid Series
7.Earthbound/Mother series
8.Pokemon Series
9. Zelda Series
10. Mario series
11.Yoshi series
12.Fire Emblem icon
13.???
14.Ice Climbers series
15.Animal Crossing icon
16.Wario symbol
17.Snakes FOXHOUND symbol
18.Pit's Symbol
19.???
20.Sonic series
21.DS Logo
1-11 is SSB64 icons, 12-14 is Melee icons. G&W is the only remaining 1 left to be seen on the site so it has to be in slot 13.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I've read some seriously batshit theories about that .gif symbol naming scheme. At least this assumption sounds pretty sane and logical.

And there's still no Pepper or Kawashima. :(

EDIT: Well, at least Kawashima is present in this one.
Last edited by Isuka on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I can't believe anyone else remembers Glover. XD

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I do... game was hard as hell. And the PC version fails to work on pretty much anything anymore. :\

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Isuka wrote:I've read some seriously batshit theories about that .gif symbol naming scheme.
Really? The only one I've ever come across (apart from Mecha's) is that one about how "they're all organized alphabetically in their JPN names", supposedly being the proof that MegaMan (or Pikmin) belonged in spot #19...

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

And that one was recently squashed when they revealed the Pictochat stage with a DS icon as symbol #21. I think the only real "pattern" to the icon list is that they're grouped by which Smash Bros. game the series first had representation in.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Well, yeah, I figured as much.

So basically, it runs from SSB --> SSBM --> SSBB now, right?

Either way, we now know at least one previous franchise (#13, most likely Game & Watch) and one new franchise (#19) have yet to be revealed.

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

I wonder if the final smash balls will still appear with items off. It would be a shame for Zero Suit Samus to never be seen in competitions.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Well, I bet she will be like Sheik in SSBM where you could choose her by selecting Zelda and holding a button down before the match starts.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I don't believe I had never seen this:

I was thinking that maybe we'd get a Mii character. I guess it would be pretty cool, one of your Miis being in the game, using WiiSports actions as attacks. His Final Smash could be a Mii Parade or grabbing that tank from WiiPlay and destroying anything in its path.

Anyway, after Little Mac became an Assist Trophy, I'm only rooting for Megaman and Balloon Fighter as new fighters. Maybe Pac-Man. I guess that would make a lot of sense to me.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

You can build your own stages- among other, prodigious options, including a new stage to play on every day!

I am excited!

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Holy **** I'm surprised they actually went with this! I thought level editor was a pipe dream of some posters. Speaking of which, could a Pipe Dream stage be possible with this? *scratches chin*

Kinda reinforces the above point about Mii. Now that create-a-stage is in, might as well have the equivalent of create-a-character.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Ok this is the one of the greatest updates ever, This game just keeps getting better? I love building things and this has made my day.

Finally a bottom less stage! I called it first! Harharhar!

Seems there will be only 3 backgrounds? I hope not but atleast the ones they have are decent.

You can also choose the size? dude! all my levels will be max size!

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

In other news, it's confirmed how <i>Smash</i> will handle Friend Codes - and it will force you to not only memorize one specific to <i>Smash</i>, but your Wii FC too.

Because EVERYONE wants to memorize TWO numbers, especially after complaining about the tedium of memorizing just one.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

And so Smash Bros. Brawl takes a leaf out of the Forge's notebook to make itself about 10x more awesome than it was before.

(So much for all post-Sonic updates being crap, eh?)

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

After this kind of updates, I'm almost relieved that they delayed it, aren't you?
Opa-Opa wrote:(cover)
The guys at GameTrailers have been using it since forever, and most people here opted to watch the new vids there, or not?
And Friend Codes are full of suck.

EDIT:

Just taking a look at how well Nintendo manages to capture Sonic's look 'n feel is getting on my nerves, for some <strike>SEGA die-hard fan</strike> reason.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

They've been ying-yanging their good news with their shit news rather well.

"Here's Sonic; you're not getting this until February."
"You can make your own levels; we're going to rape you with numbers."

Do you just have to input the two numbers in Brawl, or does each and every person have to mutually be in your Wii contacts before even getting to the point where you put in each others' friend codes? Because this could get downright tedious, having to sync up twice.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

This is pretty neat. Too bad I am not creative enough to get the most out of in-game level editors.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Yeah, but that's why Nintendo's also got that "one new fan-made level every day" thing going on. Why make your own when you can use somebody else's?