Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Edgerock

Re: Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Post by Edgerock »

Here's a screenshot of the AT.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6951/17676721wa4.png

Here's who it is:
http://www.thumbbandits.com/reviewimage ... ers_01.jpg

She's from a Japanese game called "Daigasso Band Brothers."

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

OK, I have to admit that a punk-rock vampire girl named Barbara the Bat is pretty awesome.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Shadow Hog wrote:I don't think that speculation qualifies as a spoiler.

Unless you're privy to some knowledge that I'm not, in which case, I'd like to know where your source is.
Hey, I kinda hit it with the game's -what, second?- delay, I may as well just whisper random craziness and expect to see it eventually materialize on the final product.
Actually, I just read from another forum something along the lines of "someone by the name of Thealmightygoat on GameFAQs said one of the newcomers would be Ryu instead of Mega/Rockman", then I thought it wouldn't be that weird a concept since there's one and only one Ryu, while there are at least 5 or so different incarnations of the Blue Bomber.

So there, I wager for Mr. "Sexy Feet" Ryu, suck it!
Edgerock wrote:Funny how two companies involved in Brawl are completely opposite of each other...

Sega rushes out their games, leaving them unpolished by they're always right on time.

Nintendo takes a million years to release their games but they're masterpieces if / when you do ever get them.
I think nowadays nobody gives two shits about most SEGA games, while this very particular Nintendo game, along with Zelda and Mario Galaxy are just too important and amazing... and Ninty doesn't churn them out one after the other several times per year, maybe with the exception of Mario Party.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Zeta wrote:I'd think Megaman would take priority over Ryu, being older and starring in more games . . .

Too bad we couldn't just put all of the DreamMixTV world fighters in this game, since that thing had a great lineup but awful gameplay. Er, just the Hudson and Konami characters, really. Well, not the toy characters, of course. Optimus Prime and the kid from Beyblade wouldn't really fit in.
I would TOTALLY support Optimus Prime in Brawl (assuming it had any precedence other than a single Japan-only game).

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

It's official... people have gone insane.

This kid's reaction to the Brawl delay is priceless.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AxY8yQRJW08
BEAT GANSTA BEAT! GANSTA BEAT!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08033&f=sheik189.jpg

Sheik, bitches. Suck it, doubters.

Everyone has their complete movelist names up tonight. Oh! Name for Captain Olimar's Final Smash! End of Day. Juding by how Pikmin works, I suspect he and the Pikmin pile into Onions and fly up while Bulborbs chomp on the other characters.

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

Edgerock wrote: An Angry Nintendo Nerd
Um.. this is a joke video, right? It has to be.

Also I think he says something about "[We at Toys R Us] are getting..."

He doesn't seem old enough to be working...

Edit: I see that he owns GameStop "nubs" as well. I'll say it again, this must be a joke video.

Edit 2: OK, sorry, last edit. He says he slept with his boss, in case anyone was thinking this video isn't a joke.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Perfect 40/40 in Famitsu. But what surprises me is that, even this close to the launch date in Japan, they don't mention anything more than what's been revealed on the Dojo. NDAs this far out? Must be something BIG hiding in there...?

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Zeta wrote:http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs123&d=08033&f=sheik189.jpg

Sheik, bitches. Suck it, doubters.
... So now he/ she is invisible? Or that hosting totally sucks, 'cause I'm not getting anything here.
Whatever, it doesn't matter since it shows up in the Famitsu scans.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Not to mention it was the Dojo update. :P

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Shadow Hog wrote:Perfect 40/40 in Famitsu. But what surprises me is that, even this close to the launch date in Japan, they don't mention anything more than what's been revealed on the Dojo. NDAs this far out? Must be something BIG hiding in there...?
Haha, awesome. :mrgreen: Last Nintendo game I can recall getting that score was Nintendogs...or was it Mario Galaxy?

Either way, interesting they don't mention Sheik's special moves in there...or Olimar.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Amazing! Truly only the most perfect of games ever receive the legendary Famitsu Forty. Now Brawl will live on forever amongst the likes of Vagrant Story, Nintendogs and Final Fantasy XII. :roll:

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Yeah, I'm also pretty sure they gave Sonic 360 no less than a 7. Maybe an 8.

Am I the only one who watches gameplay videos of Brawl and is not excited? From what I've seen it looks and plays exactly the same as Melee. Like, down to the fucking bone. Why would anyone be excited about the inclusion of Sheik in this game, especially if she has the EXACT SAME move set as melee? I mean, I'm sure it'll be as fun and competitive as Melee, and yeah it's got Sonic and Snake, and some new gimmicky online or adventure mode features, but when the day is done this game seems to do very little differently than Melee. Not that that's a terrible thing. It's just nothing to have a fucking excitement heart attack about. Unless I'm missing something here.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

What, pray tell, would you do differently? Sakurai has already stated that the characters will play differently than their melee predecessors, the controls have been changed up a bit, and all other features seem to be tweaked or overhauled. The reason why it looks like Melee gameplay-wise is because it should, melee's control scheme was perfect as far as I could tell, and there is no need to try and "fix it"

Or I could be misunderstanding you completely, if so I apologize in advance.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Well, according to the people who have played the demo, it's been made a bit more like the original.

Eh, I'll just post the link, I'm too lazy to remember exactly what it actually said.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

I expected to play as three different characters simultaneously, bound together by some kind of rubber-band-physics energy, switching them on the go, while picking random weapons and firearms to use and combine with my somersault telekinetic attack whenever there's any juice left in my gauge.

But that's just me.
Also, SMG got a 38. Famitsu's filled with manure.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I don't know why anyone takes Famitsu scores seriously. It's pretty widely known that their reviews are bogus, with high numbers handed out to certain companies and franchises out of "respect" for either their reverent Famitsu-buying fans or their advertising dollars.

That said, it's not like I'm expecting Smash Bros to be bad or something.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Sniffnoy wrote:Well, according to the people who have played the demo, it's been made a bit more like the original.

Eh, I'll just post the link, I'm too lazy to remember exactly what it actually said.
Dac: Does it seem like the bridge between noobs and pros will be much shorter?

Hugs: Not at all. That which made a pro a real pro back in Melee had much more to it than technical tricks. The noobs will have an easier time matching up technically, but the pros will still have the enormous advantages of experience and mindgames.

Gimpy: I agree. The reason noobs are noobs isn't because they couldn't grasp technical play. In fact, I think most people stress the technical game far too much. Obviously having complete control over your character is a must, but intelligent gameplay is the most important aspect of Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl. Noobs are noobs because they don't learn, they don't adapt, and they don't play intelligently. You need to treat is as a thinking game.

----

Dac: In the demo, items were constantly turned on. After playing with these, do you think that any of the items, like the Smash Ball, will be enabled in tournament play?

Gimpy: The Smash community won't revert back to items in tournaments, even if they can be controlled moreso than in Melee. It won't happen. The Smash Ball is a different story, though. Some people think they should be off. I, myself, believe they add a definite level of strategy to the game. But, I can see the argument either way. I think we'll see two types of tournaments: ones with the Smash Balls on, and ones with them off.

Hugs: Call me a purist or whatever, but I don't think any of these items should be enabled in tournament play. Some are viable for tournaments, but we'd be better off without them, period. And don't get me started on the Smash Balls. They were incredibly fun, but they have no place in tournament play. You should have seen my ledgehop to Final Smash finish. Incredible.
Who are these dweebs?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Smash Bros tournaments are serious business! Items are for n00bs! Fox vs Fox on Final Destination is what the franchise is REALLY ABOUT! You lame noobs! We're pros! Playing with anything else unbalances the gameplay! Why couldn't Sakurai do right by the TRUE spirit of the series and only put in one stage, one character, and nothing else! That's the l33t way to play the game! Anyone who plays in a big stage with four characters and items turned on is a fag! lol

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

http://wii.com/jp/movies/wii-cm-soft86/

Another new commercial. Snake & Olimar in action!

And personally if they want to play competitively, then they should be allowed to. Smash Bros is a game for everyone. Plus gimpy is a nice guy and not really mean or elitist like.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Awesome! Olimar's Final Smash. Complete with implied Bulborb carnage taking place below!

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Edgerock wrote:And personally if they want to play competitively, then they should be allowed to. Smash Bros is a game for everyone. Plus gimpy is a nice guy and not really mean or elitist like.
Consider the possibility that once online play really takes off, the servers will be saturated with totally pro wavedashing tourneyfags and tourneyfag wannabes, all of whom refuse to play on any level other than Final Destination with Smash Balls and all items turned off. How accepting will you be of this tomfoolery when it begins to actively degrade your own experience with the game?

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

.... Wavedashing is no longer confirmed to be in the game >_>... and the competitive Smashers only make a minority of the fans of Smash. You think every person who plays Smash Bros aspires to be the best at it?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Wavedashing was removed in Brawl. But it's totally not cheating anyways!